Please login or register

Technical Forum
Moderated by Jayhawk

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Sun Temple in Waset
posted 10-26-00 00:42 ET (US)   
I've run in to the problem in Waset where supplying burial provisions locks your sun temple at 94% complete. I read in another forum that you need to meet all other criteria prior to supplying provisions, so I restarted the level, met ALL win criteria, then supplied the provisions. As soon as the last provision is supplied, the sun temple reverts to 94%.

PLEASE, can someone tell me how to get through this level?

Replies:
posted 10-26-00 04:21 ET (US)     1 / 5  
Unfortunately, this is a problem I think most everyone experiences. Pop over to the "game help" board and see Margaret's post about this very issue. None of us are thrilled about it.

I think the only way to get past this is to cheat your way to the next level until the patch is released, which hopefully will be pretty soon.

It's a real shame that a bug like this has caused so much irritation and frustration. I built Waset before Cleo came out and it was one of the most fun cities there was to build.

posted 10-26-00 09:32 ET (US)     2 / 5  
FINALLY!! Found a way past the Waset Bug!!!

Meet ALL win criteria EXCEPT supplying burial provisions, but make sure you have them all stockpiled in your SY.
Delete the Sun Temple, supply all provisions, then Un-do the delete. BANG! Instant victory!!

I too, had played this level prior to Cleo without a hitch. In fact, I've had more problems with this game since loading Cleo. The real irritating one is the personal savings not carrying over from one level to the next, It makes some of the levels pretty difficult to start without going in to debt. Oh well, maybe they'll get a patch SOON!

posted 10-26-00 14:51 ET (US)     3 / 5  
I'm so glad you figured it out! I don't think I ever heard of that one before. If you'd like, go post that solution on Margaret's thread. She's so frustrated at the moment I think she's been about ready to pull hair if she hasn't already.

I think when Impressions gave this one to Breakaway Games to do they really messed up. And unfortunately, none of the Beta testers noticed any of this stuff because I imagine they were playing the Cleo scenarios, not the Pharaoh maps.

posted 10-26-00 17:15 ET (US)     4 / 5  
Regina

None of these reported problems occurred during testing. Cleo and Pharoah maps both were tested. Impressions also has in house testers for their products.

Lots of changes are made to games after testing concludes.

Just for your information

Angel Gustavia
Caesar III · Pharaoh ·
Zeus · Gustavia's Garden

posted 10-26-00 19:00 ET (US)     5 / 5  
Thanks, Angel Gustavia. I really should crawl back under my rock now.

I absolutely love these games and have come to expect such good things from Impressions that Cleo has just been a big let-down for me. JMHO, though.

Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Technical Forum » Sun Temple in Waset
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames