Please login or register

Technical Forum
Moderated by Jayhawk

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Cannot install Cleopatra on XP/2k
posted 04-24-04 09:04 ET (US)   
I recently was able to finally get my hands on a copy of both Pharaoh and Cleopatra. Pharaoh installs/plays just fine (except of course for some minor bugs once in a while), but Cleopatra seems to have her mind made up about not leaving the cd-rom. I have tried to install it on both WinXP (home ed.) and Win2k system. It starts the setup, with a nice splash screen, I choose to install, clicking 'yes' of 'next' a few times, and when it seems it should start copying files, it just stops. Setup shuts down, end of story.
So, that's the problem I have experienced, I hope someone can help me with it.
Replies:
posted 04-24-04 09:37 ET (US)     1 / 7  
Try to clean out the windows temp folder (c:windows/temp) after you install Pharaoh. That usually does the trick.

Cleo probably can't install/copy the files, because some files were left from the Pharaoh installation.

posted 04-24-04 10:21 ET (US)     2 / 7  
Nope, didn't do it.
Btw, Bengel, I'm currently residing in Leuven too.

[This message has been edited by Jolan84 (edited 04-24-2004 @ 10:22 AM).]

posted 04-24-04 10:30 ET (US)     3 / 7  

Quote:

It starts the setup, with a nice splash screen, I choose to install, clicking 'yes' of 'next' a few times, and when it seems it should start copying files, it just stops. Setup shuts down, end of story.

When this happens, try leaving the computer alone for half an hour or so. Sometimes the installation process will continue where it seems to have stopped.

Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the body. Pr. 16:24
posted 04-24-04 11:16 ET (US)     4 / 7  
Doesn't seem to be doing anything.
posted 04-25-04 04:08 ET (US)     5 / 7  
Hasn't anybody gotten any ideas left?
posted 04-25-04 07:25 ET (US)     6 / 7  
Sorry for the slow replies, unfortunately we are not many helping out in the tech help forums. RealLife™ has a tendency of interrupting and some of us like me live in Europe meaning another timezone so please bear with us

You can try make sure no other programs including antivirus and firewalls are running in the background during installation.

On WinXP you can also try installing using compartibility mode.

Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the body. Pr. 16:24
posted 02-18-11 18:37 ET (US)     7 / 7  
It is a little late maybe but i hope others will find it usefull. I lost couple of hours just to install and much more just trying to understand if it completely worked.

Ok if you reading this topic for the install problem which is

it starts the setup, with a nice splash screen, I choose to install, clicking 'yes' of 'next' a few times, and when it seems it should start copying files, it just stops. Setup shuts down, end of story.

Try this only if you tried all the other ways and still you have the exactly same problem above cuz yes i manage the install but it was pure luck and i dont know what i did.

1-Copy all of the contents of Cleoptra cd in to a folder.
2-Use your Pharaoh cd and copy the setup.ins file.
3-Paste setup.ins to the folder where you copy the Cleoptra cd.(Dont forget to say yes to the confirmation box : )
4-Then try to install

This is it. This worked for me , i hope works for you too.
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Technical Forum » Cannot install Cleopatra on XP/2k
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames