Please login or register

Technical Forum
Moderated by Jayhawk

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Pharaoh & Cleopatra on Windows Vista
posted 11-02-07 08:26 ET (US)   
Anyone happens to know how to install the two on vista?
Just after the wizard has completed the preparation, it displays the following message:

"Setup requires _SETUP.DLL and _ISRES.DLL (located in _SYS1.cab) in order to operate properly. Please ensure that these files are located with SETUP.EXE"

This happens both with Pharaoh and Cleopatra CDs (original) and SYS1.CAB is obviously there.

Neither the compatibility mode nor the safe mode seem to change anything. Thanks for your help

[This message has been edited by qbstein (edited 11-02-2007 @ 09:34 AM).]

Replies:
posted 11-02-07 10:21 ET (US)     1 / 4  
If you have access to another PC running WinXP/2000 or Win98/ME try the following:

Install Pharaoh and Cleopatra and patch as necessary (when installing Cleopatra you don't need to patch Pharaoh, only Cleopatra).

Burn the games mainfolder including all contents to a DVD or copy (don't move it as you then can't uninstall the game) it to an external harddisk.

Uninstall Pharaoh and Cleopatra (for staying legal).

On the Vista computer copy the contents of the DVD/harddisk to your computer.

Make a shortcut to Pharaoh.exe on the desktop.

For playing the game load the needed game CD while holding the left Shift key (or shut down the window that pops up). Then start the game using the shortcut on the desktop.

Hope above helps.

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.

[This message has been edited by PCDania (edited 11-02-2007 @ 10:23 AM).]

posted 11-02-07 11:34 ET (US)     2 / 4  
thx a lot. in fact i've just found another way --- this part edited out by Angel PCDania--- and it works. I don't really get it but I'm glad anyway

[This message has been edited by PCDania (edited 11-02-2007 @ 12:54 PM).]

posted 11-02-07 12:50 ET (US)     3 / 4  
That would also work but because of your way of solving the problem I've had to edit your post as it not fully compartible with our stance on piracy.

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
posted 11-02-07 16:50 ET (US)     4 / 4  
Sure, I ought to have thought about this - sorry for this sinister content
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Technical Forum » Pharaoh & Cleopatra on Windows Vista
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames