Please login or register

Technical Forum
Moderated by Jayhawk

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Installing Pharaoh Gold (GOG) Under Debian Linux And WINE
posted 08-04-16 05:57 ET (US)   
I purchased and downloaded the GOG version of Pharaoh, and want to install it under Debian Linux using WINE.

I started by configuring WINE: I added the application setup_pharaoh_gold_2.0.0.12.exe, called it a Windows XP application, set the desktop size to 1024 x 768, and turned on all of the following window settings: automatically capture the mouse in full-screen windows, allow the window manager to decorate the windows, allow the window manager to control the windows, and emulate a virtual desktop.

Then I ran the install executable in a terminal as follows: "wine32 /ddisk/w/phadown/setup_pharaoh_gold_2.0.0.12.exe". The install failed with the error "Access violation at address 0041511E in module setup_pharaoh_gold_2.0.0.12.exe'. Write of address 00400000.".

I have successfully installed and run Pharaoh + Cleopatra from a CD-ROM in the past.

Any ideas how I could fix this? (I'd like to get back to the Kingdom!)

Henipatra
Replies:
posted 08-04-16 06:37 ET (US)     1 / 2  
Disclaimer: I don't know anthing usefull about Linux.

Pharaoh can be copied directly from one Windows computer to another without having to install on the new computer. Maybe you can do something like that on your Linux computer if you have access to a Windows computer?

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
posted 08-04-16 07:54 ET (US)     2 / 2  
Check the GOG.com forums, there's a thread on there that would probably help you. I did post a link to the thread in question, but since the site can be pretty uptight about posting links to tutorials, I felt it was better to remove it.

[This message has been edited by Sajuuk (edited 08-04-2016 @ 07:57 AM).]

Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Technical Forum » Installing Pharaoh Gold (GOG) Under Debian Linux And WINE
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames