Please login or register

Technical Forum
Moderated by Jayhawk

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Need help!
posted 02-19-17 11:30 ET (US)   
Im playing the custom mission A Meeting of Two Lands for Pharaoh and have built up 6 chariot forts, after getting quite far into it all of a sudden my fort numbers just randomly drop with no explanation at all, they have not been in fights, my popultation is just in the unemployment side so have excess people. Is this just a random glitch or is there something im missing??
Replies:
posted 02-19-17 17:54 ET (US)     1 / 8  
Hi lee200679,

I don't know what you mean by "my fort numbers just randomly drop".

Are the soldiers in the fort? If not, their morale will gradually drop until they panic. If they can return to the fort, they will. If they cannot, they will disappear (so new soldiers will have to replace them).

Could some predator have attacked soldiers?

I can't think of anything else. (By the way, I don't know of that mission.)

(I think this post should have been in the Pharaoh: Game Help forum.)
posted 02-19-17 19:06 ET (US)     2 / 8  
Seth's wrath? destroys your best fort or its troops(shrug-which ever it is).

These things usually show up in the messages, so check the long version in case you play with messages OFF.

plague, illness, end of year deaths or retirements? (grasping straws)

[This message has been edited by user3 (edited 02-19-2017 @ 07:25 PM).]

posted 02-19-17 20:30 ET (US)     3 / 8  
Off Topic:

user3,
Would you answer the questions that Henipatra and I asked you in How to build 2x2 house?
posted 02-20-17 00:30 ET (US)     4 / 8  
You got an answer. The fact that the installation will never be released to the general public should be enough for you all to stop whining about it or fix/mod Cleo yourself with Activision's blessings or not.
Do not post negative posts and discussions that are repeated over and over and over with no other purpose than to disrupt conversation. If you feel the need to say something, say it once and then move on. Do not disrupt multiple threads in order to get your view out.
You may not bait/troll users. Bait / Trolling is defined as posting with a clear intent to provoke anger, incendiary posts, and behavior that results in other users violating the CoC.

[This message has been edited by user3 (edited 02-20-2017 @ 01:38 AM).]

posted 02-20-17 16:23 ET (US)     5 / 8  
You got an answer.
There was an answer to my first question, but there weren't answers to my second set of questions or to Henipatra's question. I get the impression that you won't answer those questions. OK.

By the way, posting part of the Code of Conduct was silly.
posted 02-23-17 16:10 ET (US)     6 / 8  
ok slightly off my topic there guys. my forts are still there, there has been no seths fury as hes more than happy, they have been in some easy fights where none were killed and there are no animals to attack them, upto where it started happening i had 6 forts of 16 chariots, now two are only 10, couple are 8 and even a 4 and 0. No reason for this and no messages saying anything so all i can assume is a glitch in this persons mission they created??
posted 02-24-17 13:10 ET (US)     7 / 8  
Do you mean a meeting of Great or Gread lands? I searched for meeting, and didn't find a file for 'two' lands
my only suggestion would be to destroy them and rebuild them.
also, the map editor doesn't really allow for errors like that.
Messing up the kindom maps, and trade routes, yes. Messing up a building years down the road, nope. Unless you could (or would) only import the weapons or chariots needed, and ran out of them. Then, if the soldiers died or deserted, they couldn't be replaced.
posted 02-24-17 14:12 ET (US)     8 / 8  
Two possibilities come to mind. One is that you've exceeded the walker sprite limit and when the soldiers were sent back to their forts (after a fight), some or all were deleted. I wouldn't expect this to happen unless your city is quite large, perhaps over 20000 people.

Another is that the soldiers took a transport to fight and were not sent back to their forts, eventually panicked and were deleted because they could reach their fort. To get the numbers you describe, at least four of the forts would need to become panicked, get several replacements, then have another fort that was closer to the recruiter panic, which seems unlikely.
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Technical Forum » Need help!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames