You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Town Square
Moderated by Jayhawk

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Dutch Date XIV.V: Heresy!
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 04-04-09 19:28 ET (US)   
Let me be the one to catch the flak for posting about something related to a Dutch Date whilst not being orange nor called Jayhawk:

shelper, my better half and yours truly would like to organize "The Half One" in Rotterdam. We know of a good English-esque pub, added bonus being that it's within stumbling distance of Rotterdam Central Station.

Any takers?

Date: July 4
Time: 13:00-ish
Venue: Cafe Big Ben, Rotterdam

Take the train to Rotterdam Central Station and lounge around; Eva and yours truly will collect you. For the record, "lounge around" means head for the station square and pass time by eating some fries or something until we're all set. For those of you wholly unfamiliar with Rotterdam, the station square is opposite the Blijdorp exit. Just head past track 1.

Confirmed:

Dark Dawn
Dominic
Hnossa
Jayhawk
Luke
Pecunia
shelper
Terikel Grayhair

Probable:

Stairway's David ("The Beertender", TM)

People Who Would Rather Write Books And Walk Dogs

Kor

People Who Will Be In Las Vegas On July 4th

Berend

Luke Gevaerts » Website · YouTube · Backloggery

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that.
I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." - Frank Zappa

OD · AoKH

[This message has been edited by Luke Gevaerts (edited 06-30-2009 @ 07:10 AM).]

Replies:
posted 06-08-09 11:16 ET (US)     26 / 66  
Saturday is the one day of the week I can go to the store (human bodies do require sustenance, and I live on no farm and thus must buy my food). We're still fixing up the younger daughter's room, so the rest of the day is spent hammering and cursing tiny bits of shaped metal into small holes in the wall... or other handy, malleable objects like my thumbs.

Sunday is toast for me as well- I have to pick up my older daughter from the airport (she's flying in for a visit from Norway for two weeks) at noon.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
posted 06-08-09 11:28 ET (US)     27 / 66  
As Terikel says, Saturdays tend to be spent on shopping.

I'll accept Saturday (as the Sunday's shot for T to.. )

Angel Jayhawk
EyrieCaesar 4 HeavenChildren of the Nile HeavenStronghold HeavenCaesar 3 HeavenEmperor HeavenPharaoh HeavenZeus HeavenMy Deviations
Support your local HeavenMy RecommendationsEXCOHALO
I believe violence will only increase the cycle of violence. — The Dalai Lama
posted 06-08-09 16:19 ET (US)     28 / 66  
Alrighty Saturday the 4th of July it is then? I need to know for sure, since my boss is hating me already for taking the Saturday off for like three weeks in a row, I wouldn't like having to piss him off for nothing again .
And why Saturday? Like Shelper said, when you do it on Saturday you can make it as late as you want, and you don't have to worry about showing up at you're work feeling like hell. Besides; the pub is much more fun on Saturdays..

[This message has been edited by Dark Dawn (edited 06-08-2009 @ 04:37 PM).]

posted 06-09-09 06:34 ET (US)     29 / 66  
Why saturday? Because every date we've ever held has been on a saturday. Why fix something that ain't broke?

I left the initial date variable to appease more people, but as it turns out I've actually appeased less. That's a first for me.

And what is a "sunday"? If it's supposed to be a day in the week, it doesn't exist. Fact. It's all government propaganda.

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that.
I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." - Frank Zappa

OD · AoKH
posted 06-15-09 12:37 ET (US)     30 / 66  
If we can't agree on a date, guys, then I guess I'm just going to cancel this one and wait for number 16 in Utrecht.

OD · AoKH
posted 06-15-09 18:21 ET (US)     31 / 66  
No, screw that.
It's July 4th and anybody who can't make it then will be sorry for missing the splendor that is Rotterdam.

But seriously. It doesn't need to be big. If nothing else, it can just be you, me & Eva in a pub discussing what tremendous weenies the rest of the Dutch HG folk are.

It's like watching a flock of clown-like apes trying to navigate a ship, even though the ship has in fact been stranded on some kind of reef for about 7 years and none of the apes have noticed it yet. -Drahnier on OD moderation.
posted 06-15-09 20:18 ET (US)     32 / 66  
If it's cool with you, it's cool with us.

OD · AoKH
posted 06-16-09 04:13 ET (US)     33 / 66  
I'm still interested, just bombed with things to do. I am working them off as fast as humanly possible, so maybe, just maybe, I will have it all done in time to hang out in Rotterdam until 20:00 or so.

I can promise to try, but cannot yet promise to do.

Also, you might want to edit the OP with the new, correct, and relevant info. Thanks.

EDIT: Maybe "bombed" is not such a good word to use in connection with an event in Rotterdam... Sorry.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII

[This message has been edited by Terikel Grayhair (edited 06-16-2009 @ 04:15 AM).]

posted 06-16-09 05:24 ET (US)     34 / 66  
Mitch, lol

Hoping you can make it; OP edited.

OD · AoKH
posted 06-16-09 05:25 ET (US)     35 / 66  
Alright then, the 4th of July it is! I suggest starting early, at one o'clock. Maybe I'll have to work till then, but that's ok, since I work at the central station.
posted 06-17-09 04:05 ET (US)     36 / 66  
just be you, me & Eva in a pub discussing what tremendous weenies the rest of the Dutch HG folk are.
Sounds more like: just be you, me, Eva, Mitch and Jay in a pub discussing what tremendous weenies the rest of the Dutch HG folk are.

Angel Jayhawk
EyrieCaesar 4 HeavenChildren of the Nile HeavenStronghold HeavenCaesar 3 HeavenEmperor HeavenPharaoh HeavenZeus HeavenMy Deviations
Support your local HeavenMy RecommendationsEXCOHALO
I believe violence will only increase the cycle of violence. — The Dalai Lama
posted 06-17-09 04:43 ET (US)     37 / 66  
I just realized that this was the only place you posted the announcement.

Oeps!

I posted an announcement in TWH referring folks who are interested to this thread.

Maybe it will be more than just the five of us?
posted 06-17-09 05:29 ET (US)     38 / 66  
The more the merrier! So how about the time? One o'clock sound good to you all?
posted 06-18-09 20:45 ET (US)     39 / 66  
I'd love to make it but I'll be in London at the time.

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

posted 06-21-09 06:53 ET (US)     40 / 66  
Dominic and I would like to come too!
posted 06-21-09 11:25 ET (US)     41 / 66  
Sounds more like: just be you, me, Eva, Mitch and Jay in a pub discussing what tremendous weenies the rest of the Dutch HG folk are.
But...but...
What weenies will be left to discuss then?

*runs*

*edit*
Except Kor.
KOR

It's like watching a flock of clown-like apes trying to navigate a ship, even though the ship has in fact been stranded on some kind of reef for about 7 years and none of the apes have noticed it yet. -Drahnier on OD moderation.

[This message has been edited by shelper (edited 06-21-2009 @ 11:25 AM).]

posted 06-21-09 13:31 ET (US)     42 / 66  
Unfortunately, my time is divided between

and

and also I don't really have the money at present because I have a few other things scheduled already in that period.

Kor | The Age of Chivalry is upon us!
Wellent ich gugk, so hindert mich / köstlicher ziere sinder,
Der ich e pflag, da für ich sich / Neur kelber, gaiss, böck, rinder,
Und knospot leut, swarz, hässeleich, / Vast rüssig gen dem winder;
Die geben müt als sackwein vich. / Vor angst slach ich mein kinder
Offt hin hinder.
posted 06-21-09 15:46 ET (US)     43 / 66  
What about your book, man?
I'm eager to catch up with you on its progress.

posted 06-21-09 18:48 ET (US)     44 / 66  
I'm hoping to finish it up this Summer, but I've developed a time-consuming perfectionism when it comes to uni work and haven't had that much time to work on it. I did pass 80 000 words (I think it was about 70 000 when last we spoke), but I'm dissatisfied with the way I made my character act in the last few thousand, so there's going to have to be some rewriting. I'm getting very close to the finish, but this is also the point where critical evaluation of everything I've written thus far is going to be of the utmost importance, and that is a somewhat frightening prospect with a work this size (and written over a period of two years).

Kor | The Age of Chivalry is upon us!
Wellent ich gugk, so hindert mich / köstlicher ziere sinder,
Der ich e pflag, da für ich sich / Neur kelber, gaiss, böck, rinder,
Und knospot leut, swarz, hässeleich, / Vast rüssig gen dem winder;
Die geben müt als sackwein vich. / Vor angst slach ich mein kinder
Offt hin hinder.
posted 06-22-09 18:42 ET (US)     45 / 66  
Added you and Dominic to the list, Hnossa (and everyone else, for that matter).

13:00 @ Central sound good?

OD · AoKH
posted 06-23-09 17:13 ET (US)     46 / 66  
Pecunia, do you think you can attend?
Don't think we forgot about you, now.

posted 06-28-09 08:42 ET (US)     47 / 66  
Sure, 13:00 is fine.
posted 06-28-09 10:33 ET (US)     48 / 66  
Pecunia, do you think you can attend?
I'm in 13:00 sounds good.

Angel Pecunia | HG Downloads programmer and techie
Caesar IV Heaven | Children of the Nile Heaven | Citadel of Poseidon (Zeus/Poseidon) | The Great Wall (Emperor)
posted 06-28-09 15:10 ET (US)     49 / 66  
Great! Added you to the list.

OD · AoKH
posted 06-30-09 02:34 ET (US)     50 / 66  
Yippie!

All tasks accomplished. Kid's room looks great, all fingers and thumbs still attached to me and not the wall, and the guest room is again fit for human habitation.

I can now attend with my conscience clear.

The train comes in 1315, so I won't meet you guys at 13:00. I'll catch up to you at Big Ben's. And this time I can stay until 21:00-ish.
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » The Town Square » Dutch Date XIV.V: Heresy!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames