Where: Stairway to Heaven, Utrecht
Who:
Jayhawk
Shelper
Dark Dawn
Luke
Pecunia
Rcee
Terikel Grayhair (Depends on the white crap)
Hnossa
Dominic

[This message has been edited by Hnossa (edited 03-11-2010 @ 12:57 PM).]

Replies:
posted 11-24-09 05:12 ET (US)     1 / 74  
I'm with Eva that December is a bit tight for me financially.
End-jan, early to mid-feb would work better.

Anyone else have any preferences?

*edit* This is the first Dutch Date thread without a secondary title since the very first! For shame, 'nossa...

It's like watching a flock of clown-like apes trying to navigate a ship, even though the ship has in fact been stranded on some kind of reef for about 7 years and none of the apes have noticed it yet. -Drahnier on OD moderation.

[This message has been edited by shelper (edited 11-24-2009 @ 09:35 AM).]

posted 11-24-09 14:24 ET (US)     2 / 74  
Perfection lies in simplicity.
posted 11-28-09 04:45 ET (US)     3 / 74  
When: early to mid-February would be best for me (6, 13, 20 Feb)
Where: The Stairway again? At least some place without a nearby park where Luke can rip me to pieces

Angel Pecunia | HG Downloads programmer and techie
Caesar IV Heaven | Children of the Nile Heaven | Citadel of Poseidon (Zeus/Poseidon) | The Great Wall (Emperor)
posted 12-04-09 21:00 ET (US)     4 / 74  

[This message has been edited by Crazed Ewok (edited 12-04-2009 @ 10:05 PM).]

posted 12-05-09 14:01 ET (US)     5 / 74  
There's a park near the Stairway, but...

Angel Jayhawk
EyrieCaesar 4 HeavenChildren of the Nile HeavenStronghold HeavenCaesar 3 HeavenEmperor HeavenPharaoh HeavenZeus HeavenMy Deviations
Support your local HeavenMy RecommendationsEXCOHALO
I believe violence will only increase the cycle of violence. — The Dalai Lama
posted 12-05-09 18:34 ET (US)     6 / 74  
Where: Stairway's always good, but maybe someone has found a real nice venue he or she would like to share with us! (I'll tell luke to leave his 'tools' at home, so the park thing won't be a problem.)
When: 6,13 or 20 February sounds good to me. We don't have anything planned that far ahead .
posted 12-06-09 16:43 ET (US)     7 / 74  
I'm all for Stairway or anything else that's cheaper to go to by train. Dunno yet when my driving exam or my checkup at the hospital will be, so I can't confirm any dates yet.
posted 12-22-09 13:21 ET (US)     8 / 74  
Will your exam be behind a desk or behind a wheel?

It's like watching a flock of clown-like apes trying to navigate a ship, even though the ship has in fact been stranded on some kind of reef for about 7 years and none of the apes have noticed it yet. -Drahnier on OD moderation.
posted 12-27-09 06:13 ET (US)     9 / 74  
Wheel. My teacher is a forgetful elderly man who used to teach my parents how to drive. He's been telling me he'll request my exam the next day for three months.
posted 12-28-09 01:25 ET (US)     10 / 74  
Good Luck.

I hear you need that on Dutch driving exams.
posted 12-28-09 08:03 ET (US)     11 / 74  
My teacher recommended me to eat lots of bananas.

That is literally the only advice i have to offer. I'm the absolute last person to be giving tips on how to pass driving exams.

posted 12-28-09 11:08 ET (US)     12 / 74  
I took one driving exam in my life- twenty four years ago in South Carolina. I've been exchanging and trading licenses ever since- and never had to take the exam again.

And ours was ridiculously easy- you must answer correctly 17 of 20 multiple-choice questions, then pass the practical exam which consisted of completing a three-point turn and then parallel park without hitting the cones. If you could do that, you had a license.

Oh, there was one other test. When I traded my Maryland license (gotten by trading the South Carolina one) for a European Army one (which itself got traded for a German license), I had to take a test about the road signs. They picked twenty at random, and we had to select the correct answer under it that explained the sign.

I guess I shouldn't be giving advice about the test for Dutch rijbewijs either...

On a second note, I will probably pass on a DD in February. My health probably won't tolerate sitting outside in subzero temperatures for hours on end. A sarcastic thanks to the non-smoker nazis who force their will upon all, whether we want it or not.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
posted 12-29-09 07:02 ET (US)     13 / 74  
My health probably won't tolerate sitting outside in subzero temperatures for hours on end...
I'm tempted, I'm tem....
No, I'll let is pass.

BTW,
Happy 2010!

Two rules for success:
(1) Do not tell everything you know.
posted 01-07-10 05:37 ET (US)     14 / 74  
'Nossa, any news re: dates?

posted 01-17-10 08:44 ET (US)     15 / 74  
Finally got a date on the driving exam; Februari 9th. I'm available anytime after that.
posted 01-19-10 03:43 ET (US)     16 / 74  
So, how about saterday the 20th then?
posted 01-19-10 13:05 ET (US)     17 / 74  
The 20th sounds good to me

Angel Pecunia | HG Downloads programmer and techie
Caesar IV Heaven | Children of the Nile Heaven | Citadel of Poseidon (Zeus/Poseidon) | The Great Wall (Emperor)
posted 01-21-10 11:36 ET (US)     18 / 74  
Fine with me.
Actually, maybe not. I'll get back to you this saturday.

*edit* Nah, I'm fine. It's the 21st i can't make.

[This message has been edited by shelper (edited 01-22-2010 @ 08:26 AM).]

posted 01-22-10 10:06 ET (US)     19 / 74  
Me 3

Two rules for success:
(1) Do not tell everything you know.
posted 01-24-10 02:14 ET (US)     20 / 74  
Seems I'll finally miss one. That's what I get for not organising it myself, I guess. We (Hetty and I) are having a date (bit of food, bit of culture, bit of..wine, I guess) with friends of ours.

Hnossa, good luck on the exam. I started with ace-ing the theory, and then taking so long on the practical part, I had to redo the theory again.

Angel Jayhawk
EyrieCaesar 4 HeavenChildren of the Nile HeavenStronghold HeavenCaesar 3 HeavenEmperor HeavenPharaoh HeavenZeus HeavenMy Deviations
posted 01-26-10 14:14 ET (US)     21 / 74  
We could try to set some other date. You shouldn't always be the one doing this stuff.
posted 02-02-10 13:27 ET (US)     22 / 74  
Hmm, sounds like this is going to be a though one. Maybe we could do it a week later, the 27th? Or else it'll be march.
posted 02-03-10 10:33 ET (US)     23 / 74  
27 could work. Will have to drop by for my Mum's birthday (26th) a day later then.

March 6 is a no-go. March 13 or 20 would work.

Angel Jayhawk
posted 02-04-10 04:27 ET (US)     24 / 74  
March 6 won't work for me either, anything else is fine.
posted 02-04-10 05:23 ET (US)     25 / 74  
Ummm... Just throwing this out there...

But wouldn't a DD in mid-March be awful close to the 'normal' DD of April?

I am wondering, because a lot of people complain about finances and two relatively back-to-back travel+beer expenses might be a bit much. Will the mid-March one replace the April one, then? Or will the April one be moved to June/July?

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » The Town Square » Dutch Date XVI
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames