Moderated by Gweilo

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Emperor Patch - Bugs Report
« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5 6  Next Page »
posted 08-10-03 04:44 ET (US)   
Hi!

I have installed the Emperor patch, and I have started playing the Han campaing. I didn't go much deeper into it, but so far there are two things I noticed were not corrected.

AGRICULTURE PANEL

If you load any city before starting a new scenario, the Agriculture Panel will tell you that the food imports can sustain, for example, 7546 people, i.e., the amount of food your were importing in the last scenario.

HOUSING

If you save your game with unoccupied houses, exit that game and reload it again, the unoccupied houses will turn into Huts or some other kind of housing I can't remember at the present.

-

Those were the only bugs I noticed so far. If you notice more, head over here to post more.

Ben The Vizier

Replies:
posted 11-28-08 08:31 ET (US)     101 / 144  
I`d just download the patch from ThuShaWuJin message with it`s name si_emperor_update_en_10_1010 but when I opened it with `run` a text box appear and sayed`windows cannot find si_emperor_update_en_10_1010`make sure you typed the name correctly` what`s wrong with it
posted 11-28-08 11:12 ET (US)     102 / 144  
The 'Save' and 'Run' that I was referring to was of this dialog.

If you selected 'Run' this is the next dialog you would have been given after a download progress meter.

You need only select 'Run' again and it would begin installing if it was the proper language patch.

If you first selected 'Save', from the top dialog example, then find the 'Icon' exampled below in whatever location you saved the file. Double click the 'Icon' or right click and choose 'Open'.

At NO time was I refering to this 'Run' which needs to know the 'path' to the file location that you saved it to.

[This message has been edited by TuShaWuJin (edited 12-07-2008 @ 10:53 PM).]

posted 11-30-08 09:29 ET (US)     103 / 144  
Edit: removed old link to patches

Expand your fun by downloading free custom campaigns for Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom.
Visit Zeus Heaven to expand your knowledge of Zeus and Poseidon.

[This message has been edited by Gweilo (edited 02-17-2009 @ 11:35 AM).]

posted 12-03-08 06:19 ET (US)     104 / 144  
I had just install the patch, but just splendid temple which appear in open play. and not just that, some buildings not appear even I set it in steel age. And many new campaigns had some trouble like empty map etc, so cannot played. And the city gate still cannot built, even with the way in ThuShaWuJin message
posted 12-03-08 13:13 ET (US)     105 / 144  
some buildings not appear even I set it in steel age.
There is no guarantee that you will get all resources and placeable building when playing 'Open Play'. You can change 'Random Seed' until you get a better mix of resources and buildings. It is usually possible to get most resources and buildings possible if you try enough variations of 'Random Seed'. Importing goods that you can't produce is another option if you don't have the patience to change 'Random Seed'. Please read page 121 of the 'C:\Sierra\EmperorRotMK\EmperorManual.pdf' about 'Open Play' selection options.
many new campaigns had some trouble like empty map
Please list the names of the campaigns/missions.

When you first start 'Emperor', before you choose 'Singleplayer', what is written at top left corner?
example:
Copyright ????? ????
Version ?????

Click 'Start' then 'My computer'
Right-Click the removeable storage device that has the Emperor install disk.
Choose 'Explore'.
DoubleClick 'sierra.inf'.
Copy and paste the text from that file to your next forum post.

[This message has been edited by TuShaWuJin (edited 12-03-2008 @ 01:37 PM).]

posted 12-14-08 22:05 ET (US)     106 / 144  
[Ident]
ProductID=71617
Version=1.0.0.0
PatchVersion=1.0.0.0
FullName=Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom
ShortTitle=Emperor
StrippedDemo=0
WebPage=http://Emperor.sierra.com
Readme=readme.txt

[Demos]

[Bookmarks]

[Systest]
ScreenWidth=640
ScreenHeight=480
Colors=65000
MemKB=33500
Winver=395
Wave=0
Processor=Pentium-133

[Setup]
InstallShield=1
posted 12-15-08 05:31 ET (US)     107 / 144  
If your still having problems with 'empty maps' then
1. Uninstall Emperor
2. Restart your Computer
3. Snooze or temperarily disable AntiVirus software
4. Install Emperor from the disk
5. Restart your Computer
6. Snooze or temperarily disable AntiVirus software
7. Install 1.0.1.0 patch
8. Restart your Computer
If you still have problems with empty map or patch doesn't install then create a 'New Topic' in the 'Technical Forum' descriptive of your problem with any 'Errors reported during the reinstallation.

Another Gity Gates instruction thread in case this is still a problem.
posted 03-30-09 10:21 ET (US)     108 / 144  
City walls block _permanently_ bad desirability effects (working even after their removal)
posted 06-09-10 18:18 ET (US)     109 / 144  
Sorry for being lazy and not going through all the pages, but it seems I caused a not so nifty bug, in that I pushed the price for tea at the double price on the export table. The problem is that the AI that sold steel now refuses to let me import it because the price is in a constant red no matter how much I change the tea price, reload the game or delete the trading post.
posted 06-09-10 19:22 ET (US)     110 / 144  
sanna, that is not a bug, it's the way the game engine's A.I. retaliations for your 'price gouging'.
posted 09-03-10 04:23 ET (US)     111 / 144  
I've recently dowloaded the patch from the HeavenGames website and when I try to install it InstallWizard tries to start and then says there is no Emperor installed on the computer. I tried it again today, just after I finished playing Emperor and with the disc still in the CD drive and still the same message. I have the Soldout Software edition installed so why does the Wizard not find the game files? They are both in the same Sierra folder. Any bright ideas to let me get at the bonus games on the patch?
posted 09-03-10 22:58 ET (US)     112 / 144  
ChristmasCarol, you need to post your problem in our Technical Help forum. You can find the link to it here:

http://caesar3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/caeforumscgi/display.cgi?action=t&fn=9
posted 09-04-10 11:40 ET (US)     113 / 144  
Thanks Gweilo2. I was going to post it there first, but couldn't find a start new topic button so went looking elsewhere, saw the patch bug report thread so thought I'd check it and see if the problem was reported there.

I've now found the correct button and posted query in the Tech forum.
posted 06-20-13 05:25 ET (US)     114 / 144  
I'm encountering a problem summoning Xi Wang Mu....she never rises above 'Contented', in normal difficulty level(I haven't tried the other levels! Could anyone help?
posted 06-21-13 11:55 ET (US)     115 / 144  
Do you have a Daoist temple ? For all non- ancestors heroes , shrines are not enough .
posted 07-06-13 06:20 ET (US)     116 / 144  
I do, and she becomes available for homage, but doesn't go above Contented. Could you share with me the files relating to Xi Wang Mu, in the game folders, so I can replace my files....

[This message has been edited by Paa123 (edited 07-06-2013 @ 06:22 AM).]

posted 07-08-13 08:37 ET (US)     117 / 144  
I do, and she becomes available for homage, but doesn't go above Contented. Could you share with me the files relating to Xi Wang Mu, in the game folders, so I can replace my files....
Make sure that the Daoist coverage is either Excellent or good in order for her happiness level to go above "Content". Give her or any Heroes a large amount of gift (based on your population, of course) like "Silk", "Bronzeware/Lacquerware"*, "Carved Jade", or "Paper"*, is best. If your answer to that is "Yes", then please let me know which files you need and I'd be happy to send you that file(s).

*Note: This is based on the Age you're playing. [i.e. Bronze, Iron, or Steel Age]

[This message has been edited by ArtOfGaming (edited 07-08-2013 @ 08:47 AM).]

posted 07-10-13 01:24 ET (US)     118 / 144  
Yes, that might be an issue, because I build Daoist buildings only in the Elite Housing block, and the coverage might not be very good because of that.

I was playing the Han Dynasty, what age would that be?

I'll surely try your advice; Xi Wang Mu is very important for monument building, and as I wasn't able to bring her to the city, it was taking a real toll on the building and the mission overall.

The files I think would be needed are XiWangMu.55, and an accompanying file. There are a set of files for each hero in one of the folders. You could send them to me at parthsabharwal719@gmail.com.
Thanks!
posted 07-10-13 12:42 ET (US)     119 / 144  
Yes, that might be an issue, because I build Daoist buildings only in the Elite Housing block, and the coverage might not be very good because of that.
Yeah, that is the reason why her happiness didn't go above "Contented", depending on how big your common housing block is, you might have to build like 2 Daoist temples on that block. If you want her happiness level to get to "Exalted" give her the following items: "Silk", "Bronzeware/Lacquerware", "Carved Jade", or "Paper", because it takes longer for her happiness level to drop (like 6 months before it'll drop to "Joyful" and so forth). It has to be in a large gift though (depending on your population, please see http://emperor.heavengames.com/gameinfo/heroes/ for more details.)

EDIT: I played the game this weekend and found out that I was wrong about how long a Hero stays in your city before their happiness level drop. I did say 7 - 9 months and it isn't. It actually 6 months before his/her happiness level drop from "Exalted" to "Joyful".
I was playing the Han Dynasty, what age would that be?
Han mission is both Bronze and Iron age. Paper isn't available until like later mission in Han Dynasty.
I'll surely try your advice; Xi Wang Mu is very important for monument building, and as I wasn't able to bring her to the city, it was taking a real toll on the building and the mission overall.
If you want, you can click on the "Industry" icon and on the "Priority" go to the Monument and click it priority to "Very High", whatever items it needs, workers will bring it to the Monument first before anything else. Same goes for the "Military" and anything else if you put the priority at "Very high".
The files I think would be needed are XiWangMu.55, and an accompanying file. There are a set of files for each hero in one of the folders. You could send them to me at parthsabharwal719@gmail.com.
Thanks!
I have send you the 10 compressed folders instead of XiWangMu.555 file. I've scanned all the folders 3 times just making sure nothing is bad is in it. I used Malwarebytes Pro on my laptop and school anti-virus software McAfee to scan and nothing detected. The Email subject title is: Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom - Hero Files (Email 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10). I'm not saying this so you can be at ease, I still want you to scan the folders yourself. Unfortunately, Gmail and Yahoo's mail only allowed 25MB per attachment so I had to break it down to 10 compressed folders. So you will see 10 of my Emails.

[This message has been edited by ArtOfGaming (edited 07-15-2013 @ 11:14 AM).]

posted 07-07-15 23:43 ET (US)     120 / 144  
Hi...im newbie here...

I got problem after patching to 1.0.1
The position of each option is so messy...
Like give gift become conquer...conquer become rebel...permit become execute...
And also my own map cant be played

I got confused all time
Help me fix this mod...thanks
posted 07-08-15 05:15 ET (US)     121 / 144  
yudagas, please repost your request for help in our technical forum, at this link:

http://caesar3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/caeforumscgi/display.cgi?action=t&fn=9

Expand your fun by downloading free custom campaigns for Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom.
Visit Zeus Heaven to expand your knowledge of Zeus and Poseidon.
posted 07-08-15 11:24 ET (US)     122 / 144  
Hi. I read through the thread: are all the bugs reported here mostly for the mission editor, or do they appear in the campaign? If there are bugs after patching the game, should I even install the patch?
posted 07-09-15 16:24 ET (US)     123 / 144  
Actually most of the bugs reported in this thread are for the game itself, not the Campaign Creator.

Yes, you should install the patch. It does fix some things and it gives features like allowing monuments in Open Play.
posted 09-07-15 10:23 ET (US)     124 / 144  
I installed the game on my PC, Windows 8.1, and it ran fine for a month. However, just now there's a very odd animation error where buildings are not animated. I went into a saved game, and the various buildings have no animation. I then quickly discovered that newly built buildings suffer the same, so all buildings I built in the next mission looked abandoned, even though they were staffed and producing walkers.

I've uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, run it in compatibility mode for XP and 7, restarted computer. Didn't do a thing. And again, the game's been running fine for a month, it's just now that this has come up.

EDIT - Restarted computer after the reinstall and now it works... okay. I dunno what went wrong but it seems fixed now.

[This message has been edited by DrakeyC (edited 09-07-2015 @ 10:37 AM).]

posted 09-07-15 12:16 ET (US)     125 / 144  
The animation glitch happens on all of the city builder games on modern operating systems. Restarting the PC fixes the issue 99% of the time (there is a rare 1% out there where restarting does not fix the issue and they're stuck with no animations for an indeterminate amount of time).
« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5 6  Next Page »
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Emperor: Game Help » Emperor Patch - Bugs Report
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames