Please login or register

Emperor: Game Help
Moderated by Gweilo

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Alternate Graphics
posted 03-05-07 05:48 ET (US)   
I saw some creen hots of thi game on the internet. some buildings in those shots had a different appearence than those in my game. like the roof of the inspector's tower in that pic was yellow, but in my game it blue. please tell me how do i get those graphics.
Please also tell me how can i change the uniform colour of the player's army. do i always ve to play with those red soldier uniforms. can i chose any other army for my game.
I want to change the no. of soldiers housed per fort. please tell me how can i do that.
Please help me out with this.
Replies:
posted 03-05-07 07:36 ET (US)     1 / 17  
Sorry but I don't know of any mods like this.

I suspect the screenshots you saw were old, pre-release versions from early playtesting, when some of the graphics and colors were different from what came in the final commercial release of the game.

Expand your fun by downloading free custom campaigns for Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom.
Visit Zeus Heaven to expand your knowledge of Zeus and Poseidon.

[This message has been edited by Gweilo (edited 03-05-2007 @ 07:40 AM).]

posted 03-10-07 10:10 ET (US)     2 / 17  
Hey thanks Gweilo, for that informatiom.

Guys, please tell me if there is anything i can do to change the graphics of my game. i wud love to change the appearence. also please tell me can i increase the no. of forts in my city or increase the no. of soldiers per fort.

Tell me about any mods available for this game. anything i can do to make my game more intresting.

U can mail me at buddhoo@rediffmail.com .

[This message has been edited by Buddhoo (edited 03-30-2007 @ 02:11 AM).]

posted 03-10-07 11:11 ET (US)     3 / 17  
This site hosts a house-evolving mod and an event-message customization mod, which you can read about and download here.

Edit: removed commentary on not discussing this topic.

Expand your fun by downloading free custom campaigns for Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom.

[This message has been edited by Gweilo (edited 04-02-2007 @ 07:27 PM).]

posted 03-30-07 02:13 ET (US)     4 / 17  
Please tell me if anythin can be done. u can mail me at buddhoo@rediffmail.com
posted 04-01-07 14:42 ET (US)     5 / 17  
Hi Buddhoo,

Going by your ID & E-mail addr., I am guessing you are very likely from India. Welcome.

@Gweilo,

A whole lot of new stuff on RoNH (Rise of Nations Heaven) is Modding related & I know at least 3 or 4 moderators who have their own sites with mods posted. Also, modding is VERY HIGHLY ENCOURAGED on the forums as well. I guess, modding didn't develop for CB's as a whole was probably bacause most of the customisation was the way players planned their cities (which has been the way since the early C3/Pharaoh contests). So imho, modding is fairly ok on at least one part of HG.

To be sure, can Jay or Pecunia or somebody else please confirm.

Thanx.

PS: Also, I hope that this doesn't offend anybody's sensibilities but given that this forum is pretty much inactive, & most of the old CB hands don't post anyhow, anybody trying to keep the interest alive should be encouraged.

Anything that hurts gameplay will be blindfolded and shot.

[This message has been edited by Andyblast (edited 04-01-2007 @ 02:51 PM).]

posted 04-02-07 19:30 ET (US)     6 / 17  
I discussed this subject (and this specific thread) with my fellow staffers and we have reached a consensus to adopt a more liberal view of mods for Emperor. However, that is subject to future change, if necessary.

I have edited my post above to remove the comments about not discussing graphics mods.

If anyone wishes to discuss that here, feel free.

posted 04-04-07 07:53 ET (US)     7 / 17  
Wow, I can talk about mods without fear of being banned from the forums! Of course we already did tinker with the game files, like the buildings-off utility in Caesar III, but only mentioned such things as a side remark at most. There are several such utilities for C-III, I also have some for Pharaoh, but I'm not aware of any for Zeus or Emperor. The link that Gweilo gives above to the miscellaneous section of the download central does not seem to contain the items he mentions.

For Emperor there is the point that you can play it in multiplayer mode, in which case of course a modified version of the game can easily involve cheating of the kind that could go undetected. As long as you play single player mode only, that problem does not arise.

At CBC we recently have had a problem with modified game files in Children of the Nile. In a beauty contest players had used graphical mods, which were freely available at the TM-forums BTW. Since those mods didn't show up in the cities assessed by the judges, judging was at an equal base, but other modifications than graphical made for an unlevel playing field. Also for contest play you need the original game unmodified files, or decide beforehand what mods are accepted.

The Code of Conduct of course is written to prevent discussions leading to p.i.r.a.c.y. That of course is a no go area, but maybe the CoC needs rephrasing. Rules are needed to restrict illegal behaviour, but if those rules mainly have the effect of actually restricting harmless fun, then by all means mod the rules.

Mods: Please feel free to mod my post if you think I'm crossing lines.

posted 04-04-07 19:07 ET (US)     8 / 17  
Are you saying when you go to the link I gave for the Emperor Miscellaneous downloads section you don't see the House Evolving mod and the Event Messages 2 mod at the bottom of the list?

posted 04-04-07 23:54 ET (US)     9 / 17  
Interesting. I don't see the 'house evolving' mod. I didn't know they existed. The bottom of the list for me is 'Event messages version 2'.

[This message has been edited by kach (edited 04-04-2007 @ 11:56 PM).]

posted 04-05-07 08:25 ET (US)     10 / 17  
I have never saw a housing mod in the download section.

There are 9 user viewable files in the misc download section.

posted 04-05-07 10:11 ET (US)     11 / 17  
Event messages, there it stops
posted 04-05-07 21:51 ET (US)     12 / 17  
I figured out the issue. The house evolving mod is only visible to download moderators (that's why I see it, and you cannot).

I am working with other staffers to see if we can fix it, stay tuned.

posted 04-06-07 07:39 ET (US)     13 / 17  
Ok, you guys should be able to see the house evolving mod now in the Miscellaneous Downloads section.

posted 04-10-07 02:27 ET (US)     14 / 17  
hi all
Hey Andy Blast u r right. i m from India.
u wrote there r some sites offering mods. canu u give me the link for those sites.
can anybody tell me what other mods regarding the graphic of the game are available.

[This message has been edited by Buddhoo (edited 04-13-2007 @ 09:01 AM).]

posted 05-10-07 06:44 ET (US)     15 / 17  
Hi Buddhoo,

Sorry for delay. Anyhow, the site I was referring to was "www.ron.heavengames.com" but that is for Rise of Nations which is an altogether different genre, RTS to be precise.

There is however, a download on Zeus (which was the sierra/Imp offering before RotMK) downloads section. Its named: "Bigger_Sanctuary". I don't know whether linking to that is allowed or not.

The thing is, most of these games, starting with pharaoh, if not Zeus, had a similar coding structure. The mod in question is for sanctuary model data textfiles which i'm sure exists for RotMK as well (at least the housing one does IIRC).

The end product was real eyecandy for that game & I'm looking forward to seeing your work in resp. download section too.

Anything that hurts gameplay will be blindfolded and shot.
posted 05-10-07 15:54 ET (US)     16 / 17  
I think you can post the link Andyblast, it doesn't sound like offending material.

The games up to Zeus have been based upon the same game engine, for Emperor they wrote a complete new one, mainly to be able to include multiplayer functionality. The coding structure will undoubtedly be similar, but it is likely there are differences.
posted 05-10-07 18:32 ET (US)     17 / 17  
I think that the "Bigger Sancuary" was for CoTN (available from Tilled Mills) which used 3D graphics system completely alien to Emperor.
Probably confused it with '"Red" Temple' CoTN download.
http://zeus.heavengames.com/downloads/lister.php?category=misc is our download link of "Bigger Sanctuary" files listing. There was no graphic editing done only altered txt files. The txt files call/order predefined graphic blocks.
Total file size of download 10KB
1 readme file and 3 'txt' files
Someone could try to use the same idea to alter Emperor 'component' buildings/monuments in a simular manner.

[This message has been edited by shaun1 (edited 05-10-2007 @ 07:05 PM).]

Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Emperor: Game Help » Alternate Graphics
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames