Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Mafia II Troubles in Rome: Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 31  Next Page »
posted 11-05-03 13:55 ET (US)   
It is over!

Rules:
- No posting of relevant info during nights, no posting by death people.

- No editing of posts

- Only votes and unvotes in bold are counted.

- No more unvoting once lynch limit is reached.

- Quoting anyone is allowed, but quoting the moderator directly will get you killed (in the game ).

End of rules.

It is not disallowed to lynch someone before he or she has been able to defend him/herself, but it is nice to wait.

Story:
It is 56 AD, a new, mysterious family has risen to power in Rome. Just a normal family, father, mother and son, but what are they up to? Will they guide Rome to more glorious victories? Will they lead Rome to an early decline? Is the family really united or are they filled with hatred against each other? The situation in Rome is worsening: food is beginning to get sparse, rumour has it that slaves are planning revolts, someone even claimed to have heard that the armies had abandoned their forts and barbarians started to enter Roman territory. Both the poor and the rich of Rome are getting tired of this situation and are demanding change, something has to be done… who knows how many innocent people may die in the fight against this undefined foe?

And so the mob of Rome decided to take justice into their own hands. After having gathered at the forum, discussions started. It took a while to convince the citizens of Rome but Peregrin led to mob to the home of Gteat Cornholio, whom he had accused of being one of the persons causing the bad situation. Screaming and yelling, the large group of citizens entered the Subura on their way to their first victim. Facing death, Gteat Cornholio begged for mercy and convinced the mob to not lynch him.
But something had to be done and discussions started again. Clifford had suspected Peregrin for a long time, now took the chance to voice his suspicions: “It was he who led us to lynch an innocent men, it was he who was willing to kill an innocent man to stay alive, he is the one to be lynched!”. Everyone nodded and looked for Peregrin, no-one saw him but then Rocky began to yell that Peregrin was running to the Capitoline hill.
Without any hesitation, the mob chased him and stabbed him to death before throwing him into the river Tiber. Unfortunately, the same Rocky who had led the angry mob to the fleeing Peregrin, had searched his house only to find out that… an innocent Plebian had just lost his life.

The first night after Peregrins death is over; people have waked up and are on their way to the forum. When it became busier, it appeared everyone was still around except for StarKey. Then someone came running from the Esquiline, it appeared to be StarKey. Everyone wondered why StarKey was so late, StarKey is known for being at the Forum early. When it appeared StarKey had been beated up during the night, StarKey told the following: “After walking home after Peregrins lynch, I saw a Denarii on the road, when I picked it up I heard an arrow fly just above my head, so I started running. When I was almost home, 2 people caught me and a third beat me up then a stranger came to help me and scared the 3 assaulters. I ran to home and closed the door… that was really a scary night!”

After having heard StarKey’s story, discussions started again. Some people pointed at the honourable Proconsul Creaticus Dania, they believed he was the one who had fired the arrow but missed his target. Was the fact that he was a Priest just a disguise? And so the mob started to walk to Proconsul Creaticus Dania’s house, but he wasn’t there. Some people saw that as a sign of guiltiness others assumed he would be at his olive trees. So the mob went to see the Priest at his olive yard, he turned out to be not there either. The only option left was the temple of Mars and so the mob, now slightly running excited by the foresight of another lynch, head to the temple. They didn’t seem to be hampered by the lynch of an innocent man yesterday! When they arrived at the temple, Proconsul Creaticus Dania turned around, away from the altar, amazed by the size of the gathered mob and he shouted: “What are you doing here!” Debbie answered: “We are going to kill you; you shouldn’t’ have tried to kill StarKey!” Proconsul Creaticus Dania started to yell that he was innocent, but no-one listened and took the plead for mercy as another proof of being guilty. Facing his own death, Proconsul Creaticus Dania proved to be a proud and wise man, he picked up his sacrificial knife and gave it to TealWanderER asking if he could stab him in the throat and make it a quick death. The mob decided to grant his last wish and it was Ovidius who did the job. When they searched his house for evidence, they found his diary:

I was asleep when I got a vision from the gods: I heard footsteps, I saw someone running, multiple people running and I saw a face, a scared face. The person was running away from a group of assaulters apparently, I took a closer look… it appeared to be StarKey! All I could do was wake up and try to save StarKey and so started my day, by saving StarKey….

And so the citizens of Rome went back to their homes, saddened by today’s events. Debbie was walking down the street when she passed an alley. She stopped, if she’d take the street she’d be safer but the alley was quicker, after some doubt she decided to walk through the alley. It turned out to be a fatal decision, when she nearly reached the end of the alley a sword swung out of the darkness, slashing Debbie’s throat and so, one of Rome’s senators has died.
At the same moment Johnleemk was walking to the Prefect’s Headquarters, when he reached the door, he noticed something strange, the door was open! He carefully opened the door, but saw nothing. He heard a noise behind him and turned around, just in time to see the arrow that would go through his right eyeball flying towards him. This night is turning out bloody, but it isn’t over yet.
Rocky, a slave of one of Rome’s more wealthy citizens was in the kitchen making a drink. When he thought no-one would be able to see him, he reached in his tunica to pick up a small bottle, filled with poison. He was about to mix it with the wine that his master would drink when he felt a sharp pain to the left of his stomach, then he heard someone running away, when he looked at his belly he saw a large pencil stick out of his body, it had probably hit the liver. He was already an old man, they end was near. Too weakened to yell for help, he slowly died a painful dead.

When the sun had risen above Rome, the people gathered on the forum as always. After this bloody night, two people seemed to be convinced to lynch someone particular. The first, Clifford pointed at Gteat Cornholio, the one who claimed himself bodyguard yet the mafia didn’t kill him. The other person, Gteat Cornholio, pointed at Clifford, the one who was a member of the mafia in an earlier life, according to Gteat Cornholio and so they spent the day discussing. Many people said Clifford was right, almost the same number of people chose the side of Gteat Cornholio. It turned out that Clifford was more convincing; Gteat Cornholio’s arguments were deemed poor and false. This rather peaceful day, with intelligent discussions instead of angry citizens running through the streets of Rome, was about to get a bloody end when more and more people were convinced that Gteat Cornholio was a member of the Mafia. They dragged him away from the forum and tied his arms at his back, gave a sword to HG David who, with a quick swing, separated the head from his body. Gteat Cornholio, the Freed Gladiator, who had been using his skills to protect the citizens of Rome, has died.

The sun had dawned and Rome began to prepare for the night. Suddenly, there was light to the north, coming from the Subura. A large fire had started and everyone screamed… “Fire, Fire!” The citizens of Rome rushed to the place where the fire had started and started to carry buckets with water. When the fire had been extinguished people slowly started to examine the housing block, the insula, they found many burned bodies, not one looking familiar. Untill they reached floor III, there was the body of a soldier, a former soldier battle hardened, but not quick enough to escape the fire. Octavius Maximus, the Army Veteran, had been killed. Strangely enough, close to his body, an arrow was found but it had apparently missed Octavius Maximus.

When the people had gathered at the forum they were all saddened by the death of Octavius Maximus. Their willingness to lynch yet again increased and someone shouted that bengel was acting strange and more and more arguments were found to vote against bengel. Then he showed up, sent by his master to get some food and a group of angry people soon closed in on him, he shouted that he was innocent and he gave arguments which were quickly proved to be false by HG David. Someone drew a sword, it was Ovidius and again he was the one to lynch the one voted for the citizens of Rome. Bengel died a quick and painless death when the sword pierced through is heart. Bengel, the slave, has died.

Everyone was happily walking home, knowing they killed someone guilty this time. TealWanderER took the first right after leaving the forum to visit the local bar, usually opened all night. So, when he reached the door, it was closed. There wasn’t a note on the door saying that the owner had left nothing. TealWanderER got a little scared; the bar had been open for years without closing once. What was going on? He soon found out when a fist hit his cheek, he fell to the ground and smacked his head at the stones of the road making him unconscious, the next he persons saw were happily drinking some wine in the Elysian Fields.
Some minutes later, Clifford was happily whistling, walking to his home near the Palatine. When he reached his door, he too found it open en got afraid after having heard how the Praefectus’ life had ended. He quickly went inside and closed the door. He saw a lot of blood, the whole atrium was filled with blood and in the corner was a pile of bodies, the bodies of what used to be his slaves. He figured running wouldn’t help and calmly said: “Whoever you are, wherever you are, come out and let me see your face before you kill me”. Someone came from the atrium with a bow in his hand. Clifford was amazed: “You… you…” Before he could say more an arrow had pierced his chest.
TealWanderER, the plebeian and Clifford the Senator have died.

When the people had gathered at the forum, there was a call for those loyal to Rome to come forward. Some answered it, some did not. Enano Rojo stood up and pointed at HG David and David who claimed all innocence retaliated in attack against Enano Rojo. With intuition as his guide David managed to sway the citizens and he must have had second sight for the people found another Senator. Shelper asked some people to help him and a fistful of people dragged Enano Rojo away... sliced his throat and threw him into the river Tiber.

Darkness arrived and with it so did fear. A lone archer was wandering the streets, seemingly on his way to do some hunting. It looked strange, someone on his way to hunt at night. People had died by arrows lately. Could this hunter be hunting something different than boar or deer? The people of Rome thought they’d never know but when the sun began to rise, people on the way to the forum found a body, hardly recognizable but the pile of arrows clearly made him an archer. They found out it was YouKnowWho, in his house was a list of townspersons; some names were still there others were scratched away but it didn’t matter anymore…
YouKnowWho the Emperors Mad Son (Serial Killer) has died!

As the new day had started it became obvious to the people that any more mistakes could mean their own death. People had to be careful and many started to examine what had happened the last few days. Some people had been very silent, but claimed to be busy. Others were behaving suspicious but had good arguments. Then, one man who seemed to be acting too strange to the town was really unlucky. The people of Rome had discussed and discussed who to lynch. But they had agreed. DarthBane had to die. Vectorgod let his dog go; DarthBane ran but fell to the ground when the dog bit in his leg. People closed in on him and he was kicked to death. DarthBane, a plebian, has died.

Morning brought forth a new corpse. The few people still alive found him, a well know patrician called HG David, near the Palatine. What seems to have become a bizarre but daily ritual in Rome was played again one more time. For the last time? No one knows. A new day will teach us what will happen next.. Few people are left now; many people have entered Elysium, people who will never return to the land of living. Fallen to save Rome, some fallen in their quest to free themselves or take over control of the City of Marble.

When those few people arrived at the forum, another ritual was played; 2 men accusing each other. WeaveCaesar said Vectorgod had to be mafia, yet Vectorgod said WeaveCaesar was bad. The discussions didn’t really went somewhere until WeaveCaesar told the mob of Rome that he had gathered information, that he had found out who was bad and who wasn’t. The people believed WeaveCaesar, he was so convincing, yet Vectorgod tried to save himself. Telling the people what he had done the last few days, didn’t he make sure mafia members were lynched? Wasn’t he the one who the people should believe? Apparantly the citizens of Rome didn’t think so, as they all followed WeaveCaesar. Vectorgod was doubting, run or stay? Stay or run? Before he could make a decision, he was killed and his body was thrown, you’ve guessed it, in the river Tiber. Vectorgod, a plebian, has died.

It was a balmy evening in Rome. shelper was slightly disturbed at having been responsible for the death of an innocent. JuliaSet, his old pal, had thrown a party to try and cheer him up. As the slaves milled about serving various kinds of food and drink, GillB, who had been working for JuliaSet ever since her former master HG David departed, came forward with two guests, an important looking man and one who seemed to be his bodyguard. Refilling shelper's glass as he reaced out for it, she introduced the new arrivals...it was the Emperor and his Praetorian Guard. Nervous with stress and trepidated at the new arrivals, shelper took a swig out of his glass. He hadn't noted GillB add white powder in it. Everyone knew the Emperor was a mad megalomaniac. What could he possibly want? All too soon...those tings ceased to matter as shelper fell to the ground choking and gasping for breath. The Emperor, making light conversation with JuliaSet as she tried to be a genial hostess, suddenly burst out laughing and as JuliaSet noticed shelper and went to attend to him, he quickly slit her throat. Then his eyes fell Civis Romanus, his wife. His own wife in the house of his worst enemies. “What are you doing here!” The Emperor shouted. “Why do you ask?” Said Civis Romanus calmly. “Because I want to know!” “No need to yell at me darling! I will tell you, you have risen to power, you have control over the Senate and people of Rome, yet you wanted more. More, more, always more. I was sick of it and those lying and deceiving Senators were just too much. I wanted the power for you alone darling! I wanted to take out the Senate so I joined the citizens of Rome in their quest to get rid of the evil!” The Emperor was stunned but could only ask: “So you were revolting against those who are in control!?” “Darling, I was doing it for you” But the Emperor knew better...the Senate was working for him. This trite of a wife hadn't a clue as to what was going on. "Take her away..." he said quietly. And the rest, as they say...is history (or should that be 'are'?!)

Alive (3):
WeaveCaesar
GillB
Ovidius

Graveyard (14):
Peregrin (Plebian, lynched during day 1)
Proconsul Creaticus Dania (Priest, lynched during day 2)
Debbie (Senator, had her throat sliced during night 2)
Rocky (Slave, killed with a pencil during night 2)
johnleemk (Praefectus, killed by an arrow during night 2)
Gteat Cornholio (Freed Gladiator, lynched during day 3)
Octavius Maximus (Army Veteran, burned during night 3)
bengel (Slave, lynched day 4)
TealWanderER (Plebian, beaten to death during night 4)
Clifford (Senator, killed by an arrow during night 4)
Enano Rojo (Senator, lynched during day 5)
YouKnowWho (Emperors Mad Son, killed during night 5)
DarthBane (Plebian, lynched during day 6)
HG David (Patrician, killed during night 6)
Vectorgod (Plebian, lynched during day 7)
shelper (Patrician, killed during night 7)
JuliaSet (Patrician, killed during night 7)
Civis Romansu (Emperors Wife, killed during night 7)

[This message has been edited by EmperorJay (edited 12-15-2003 @ 01:17 PM).]

Replies:
posted 11-05-03 14:01 ET (US)     1 / 775  
Woohoo!! And thus we begin.

I'm guessing that after the last game, not too many people might be vocal like Cliff was, lest they be taken for Mafia thanks to Cliff's magnificent theatrical skills. I may be wrong. (I hope I am)

But to start discussiion,
Who do we go after?

Well well well,
Let us see,
Who will it be?
The first to hang from the tree?

Will it be the orange guy
Or will it be GillB?
Nah. It's David's first game here and let him enjoy it.
And Gill's our darling tea lady. We'll let her be... for now.
Why for now? Gill keeps being townie...the odds of randomness and a Mafia role are pretty good this time.

How about our cherubic darlings?
PCD's first game...I'll be nice,
Rocky from past experience, I'd go after you in a trice.

But no no,
I won't go,..
That way
for I have a not so random
vote:Shelper
for hitting on me on MSN, yesterday!!

[/end weird rhymes]

-Pip

Full Circle.
posted 11-05-03 14:02 ET (US)     2 / 775  
Excellent, it has started

Random.org says:
Random vote: Gteat Cornholio

posted 11-05-03 14:15 ET (US)     3 / 775  
Hmmmm, lots of rumours about deserting armies, revolting slaves and now this but no facts so I really don't know what to say except I think I'll wait a bit and see how my fellow Romans behaves

Peregrin, no need to treat me different then any of the other fellowers, but thanks anyway

Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the body. Pr. 16:24
posted 11-05-03 14:29 ET (US)     4 / 775  
Wow, the votes have started already! What happened to the tip-toeing around the first vote in the last round? Nobody got voted for there until the 57th or 58th post! Oh well, I think I'll just sit back and watch a few more posts. Uh-oh, does this make me a target already? Disregard this post; no don't........

Just because I'm not paranoid doesn't mean nobody's out to get me!

Uh-oh, now I sound like a paranoid schizo who might be the serial killer. It's lies, I tell you, all lies!

Where was that reference again on how to NOT make yourself a target in this game? I think I could use it about now...

Good luck all!

Have a good day!

Vectorgod

posted 11-05-03 14:30 ET (US)     5 / 775  
Don't worry PCD,
We'll treat you as normal. It's just that new players should be encouraged by prolonging their longevity....slightly

Full Circle.
posted 11-05-03 14:40 ET (US)     6 / 775  
Sounds like either all the different rumours has affected Vectorgod or he really is a paranoid serial killer

Better be carefull Peregrin, you almost sounds like a mafioso asking for forgiveness before starting to ask me for protection money

Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the body. Pr. 16:24
posted 11-05-03 14:47 ET (US)     7 / 775  

Quoted from Vectorgod:

what happened to the tip-toeing around the first vote in the last round?

Well, I was God then wasn't I? No way for me to get down and dirty and start voting. I'll relieve Gill of the duty this time.

Quoted from PCD:

Sounds like either all the different rumours has affected Vectorgod

Rumours? I hope you're inferring this from th story. My role had nothing to do with rumours and if yours did, you're almost definitely someone "special".

Quoted from PCD:

you almost sounds like a mafioso asking for forgiveness

Forgiveness? me? nah! I don't have anything to take away from you to ask for forgiveness
I'd hardly think any Mafioso would be so garrulous after Cliff's antics last time. I'd be liable to suspect someone who talked too much.

I do the same you say? I'm just bloody excited that this has finally started.

Full Circle.
posted 11-05-03 15:17 ET (US)     8 / 775  

Quoted from Peregrin:

Rumours?

Yes, rumours about revolting slaves, deserting armies, barbarians on the way to Roma and now these people trying to take over power in our great city but noone knows for sure who they are, only that they should be prepared to use any means for taking over power.

What me goes, this is not a 'story' anymore, I'm part of this just like in the The Silk Road trilogy (The Silk Road - A Story Of Ancient Rome, "A Disturbing Peace -Story Thread" and "The Silk Road III: Forbidden City -A Story") you can read in the Story Archives.

posted 11-05-03 15:21 ET (US)     9 / 775  
*Steps out onto the balcony, looks down upon the city proper. Notices the usual urban activities involved in the everyday lives of our fair city. Cartpushers hauling food to the local granary...probably complaining about "not enough entertainment here",there's the engineer carrying his ladder, the prefect with his shiny gold helmut. Oh my! and there goes the marketlady turning up the same street she goes up everyday even though she knows nobody there needs her wares, just once you'd think she would go left and not right. Yes, it's a good city we have here, but beneath it all, in the back of everyones mind lies the fear.... yes, that fear!! The fear of darkness and what it shall bring come morning.* *shivers slightly*

*Steps quietly back into the bedchamber and closes the balcony door, hoping none of the rabble had noticed her there, her intuition telling her is wasn't so, there was
someone always looking up the hill towards the Villa. Was it a look of hope or of despair.*

posted 11-05-03 15:36 ET (US)     10 / 775  

Quoted from StarKey:

hoping none of the rabble had noticed her there, her intuition telling her is wasn't so.

Her?

Quoted from story:

a normal family, father, mother and son, but what are they up to?

As we are playing a Mafia game, I doubt any "family" would be up to any good. The mother? Godmother? I won't jump to conclusions but this makes me think. And a villa to boot...rich folk!
There could very possibly be more than one "female" role here but it is not precedent to have many (even one is rare actually )

Therefore I FoS:Starkey

Note: FoS = Finger of suspicion. It is not a vote and does not count towards a lynch. It's just a way to mark down someone as being or acting suspicious.

-Pip.

Full Circle.
posted 11-05-03 15:39 ET (US)     11 / 775  
Hmm... I don't know how these roles were drawn, so I am inclined to think that the old "bad" guys have new roles.

I want to read more before I have to decide. It's no fun deciding the first one, cause we have no idea who to pick, and its no fun to hunt down a noobie on the first round.
Julia

PS. feel free to ref anything from the page of images!

http://citybuildingcontests.net/js/adi/index.html

posted 11-05-03 15:52 ET (US)     12 / 775  
Well I turned up in time. What no votes for me yet. Where is Debbie?. I was sure she would be after me like a shot. Well somewhere in the world its still my birthday so I guess thats why people are being nice to me so far. But still I have hopefully a very busy day and may not be back for several hours so since a couple of people have voted already I should to. But for who?. That Pip sure jumped in fast. Not sure about him. I think that EJ may have given him a good job. After all who gave EJ this job. So a FOS to you too PIP.

So anyway I will staart the same as last time. Surprise , surprise, shelper.It really is nothing personal as I hardly know you but last time you were a serial killer who drew my name out of the hat and then didn't kill me. Trying to get into my good books but your tricks don't fool me. I can always change my vote later anyway.

Vote: shelper

EJ you haven't put up how many votes we need to lynch people. I guess it must be 12 today?

"I'd rather die with memories than dreams"
posted 11-05-03 16:09 ET (US)     13 / 775  
I vote No Lynch I think the chances of getting lucky and hitting a bad guy are remote thus we are likely to eliminate 3 good guys in the first day/night instead of 2.
The mafia won in the last game due to in large part the first day lynch.
posted 11-05-03 16:11 ET (US)     14 / 775  
Happy b-day Cliff!!

It's 11 to lynch and I'm aghast that you would suggest any roles have been engineered or "fixed".

I did not "give" EJ the job, I just got him hooked on to Mafia and being the bright young man he is, he thought up a really comprehensive theme.
I don't mind the FoS, but let's keep the mod out of this. A mod is supposed to be impartial and him "giving" me a good role is plain malarky!!

I may have asked for a role but the Fates have dealt my hand and rest assured, it's not a "special" one.

EJ is just too ethical for that. Bah!

Am off to bed, with so many people playing, even if votes against me turn up, I should be alive when I wake up.
Night all!

-Pip.

Full Circle.
posted 11-05-03 16:23 ET (US)     15 / 775  
I'll vote: Gteat Cornholio, because I'm one of the many who are not in favor of no-lynch votes.

Yep, that's my entire argument. But at least it's more to go on than for a random vote.

Better being a Real Player than a WiMP

(joke made up in Quick Time)

posted 11-05-03 16:33 ET (US)     16 / 775  
Aaaah, and away we go. The backstabbing and fingerpointing may now begin!!

~ The Flaming Heretic ~
"It isn't bad for you if you won't live long enough for it to have any effect." - Brad4321
"But it would be hell of a lot harder to do a drive by shooting with a steak knife, don't you think?" - Messiah
"I always shoot my sense of humor before coming here." - Von
"And what's wrong with sucking? At least someone gets pleasure from it!" - ArcticWind7
posted 11-05-03 17:13 ET (US)     17 / 775  
Vote: Enano Rojo

Just a nice, random vote... name picked out of the hat, that sort of thing. No offence Enano...

posted 11-05-03 17:16 ET (US)     18 / 775  
We all have been given roles, should we not post in character? Don't know? I think it would be fun.
posted 11-05-03 18:05 ET (US)     19 / 775  
On my first day in my first mafia game, I allready get a vote .
Is that the way to thank me for all that nice olive oil I send to your sick mother last winter????
posted 11-05-03 18:30 ET (US)     20 / 775  
Before I cast my vote, I'd like to know the disadvantages of a no-lynch day. Are there any real disadvantages besides the fact no one dies (if you can call that a disadvantage)?

Because if there aren't, wouldn't it be smart to vote for a no-lynch day the first day? We have absolutely no idea about how everyone acts and it's all just a shot in the dark...therefor, chances of us killing a "good guy" are much higher than us killing a bad guy the first day. (simply because there are more good-guys than bad-guys in the game).

posted 11-05-03 18:51 ET (US)     21 / 775  
Well, on a no-lynch day, nobody gets lynched, but at night the mafia will kill someone, and so will the serial killer *assumes there's an sk*. So if you lynch, you might get lucky.

And Enano, I just picked a random person who hadn't posted yet. The first random name I saw was my own, and clearly I can't vote for myself (and nor would I want to...).

posted 11-05-03 19:24 ET (US)     22 / 775  
Happy Birthday Cliff!

I vote for GreatCornholio. Seems someone knows something.
j

posted 11-05-03 19:57 ET (US)     23 / 775  
"To lynch or not to lynch, that is the question." It seems that a complete shot in the dark (no pun intended) does seem to favor the bad guys. The last game proved that. However, if someone slips and says something foolish on day 1, then a lynching seems to be entirely in order. With that said........

FoS: Great Cornholio

First blunder of the game? In the immortal words of Ricky Riccardo, "'Splain, Lucy!"

I will hold my vote for now.

Have a good day!

Vectorgod

posted 11-05-03 21:50 ET (US)     24 / 775  
/me has been at work all day and then got home to find my computer dead....I have been half expecting it because of the troubles I had before (see technical forum if you're really interested in my computer woes) but, to make a long story short....I went and bought a new tower and now I have to learn Windows XP and just now was able to get on...

So in this mafia game are there different characters? and I am assuming that there are three mafia

Quote:

Just a normal family, father, mother and son

is there another set of "roman rules of mafia" that someone (Emp Jay?) could point me to for different characters we might expect to find? if we have three mafia, that would lead me to think there is a bodyguard, a cop and a serial killer, which would leave 15? townies

Clifford I told you there were no hard feelings and I surely would not vote for you on your birthday but tomorrow will not be your birthday

posted 11-05-03 23:20 ET (US)     25 / 775  
It it appears that my call for caution has put me in the hot seat. On the first day only the mafia know each other as I believe the rules. So the mafia is the only voting block right now. It is totally in the mafia's best interest to eliminate a free good guy on the first day, thus 3 dead instead of 2. And it is real easy for the mafia to oust an innocent. In the last game it looked like the mafia held back on their votes until Jonlee got a few votes and then voted as a block to seal jonlee's unjust early demise. I will also note that the serial killer will go with the majority as well.

What began as an appeal for the common good in my opinion, is now an appeal for my life. Think of the stacked odds of voting to lynch on the first day, its a losing bet!

If we must satisfy our blood lust, lets go to the Flavian Amplitheater and watch this afternoons bout between 2 friends of mine. Both are game competitors and should be a spirited match.

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 31  Next Page »
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » The Horse's Head » Mafia II Troubles in Rome: Game Thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames