The Horse's Head

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: CBH 7 Davy Jones' Locker
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 32  Next Page »
posted 03-18-04 09:47 ET (US)   
Welcome to CBH 7 Davy Jones' Locker

Current game update: It's over, SCUM WIN!!
ikshawaka
Reckless Rodent
Starkey

Welcome to the pacific paradise that is, French Polynesia.
The island of Fakarava is the most commercially important of the Tuamotu Archipelago.
You are all residents of a quaint little fishing villace cum sea resort which is straight out of a picture postcard but happenings around the area really belong in a thriller novel.
Who? What? Where? When? Why?
You’ll find out...somehow...soon enough.

Those still breathing the fresh bracing sea are on Fakarava: 1

Reckless Rodent

Those not:

WeaveCaesar - Cop - blown up - Night 1
TealWanderER - Member of Town Council - drowned - Night 1
johnleemk - Accountant - hanged and catapulted - Day 1
ConLao - Town Nag - blown up - Night 2
EmperorJay - Vegetarian Health Guru - Smothered by a salad - Night 2
bengel - Reef Fisherman - strangled? or drowned? both?? - Night 2
Debbie - Med student - strung up at the lynching palm - day 2
DarthBane - Councillor - knifed by Fate(?) Night 3
Jaguar - Insane Cop - disfigured - Night 3
sidious - Reef Fisherman - hung on the lynching palm - Day 3
StarKey - Pearl Farmer - decapitated and went up in smoke - night 4
Berend - Caterer - died of heart attack - night 4
shelper - Reef Bomber - disbelieved - day 4
GillB - Doc - strangled by a stethoscope - night 5
WeaveCaesar (replacing Gteat Cornholio) - med student - disbelieved and banished - day 5
PeterKane - Fisherman - bitten by a mutantly rabid dog - night 6
ikshawaka - Pearl Farmer - voted out of the game - day 6
Vectorgod - Councillor - shot - night 7
Rocky - Fisherman - Catapulted - day 7
David - Fisherman - endgame casualty flying into the sunset - day 7

Full Circle.

[This message has been edited by Peregrin (edited 04-29-2004 @ 06:47 PM).]

Replies:
posted 03-18-04 09:50 ET (US)     1 / 793  
The Commandments thou shalt follow

• Nights will last around 48 hours or so. If night choices come in earlier, it will dawn earlier.
  • Days will last as long as they need to. If discussion lags, I will impose a deadline. If discussion picks up, the deadline will be rescinded.
  • Votes must be in bold. If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted.
  • Please be attentive and unvote, before casting a new vote. I’d appreciate it.
  • Lynching will require a simple majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, his pleas are useless and any attempts to unvote will be unheeded.
  • You may vote: no lynch – majority votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a death.
  • The game is not to be discussed outside of the thread unless your role specifically states that you may do so.
  • Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead. Stop typing.
  • Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts
  • Don’t quote any messages from me. You are liable to get mod-killed if you do.
  • If you have a night choice to make, it is due by the posted deadline. I will not wait for you – if you do not submit a choice to me I will make a choice for you, which might result you being quite unhappy
  • If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
  • I should post a vote count, ever so often, maybe every page or every alternate one. Please feel free to request one should you deem it necessary.
  • If you have any questions, you can pm me or ask in the thread. I'll get back to you as soon as possible, and with the best explanation that I can. You can also pm me if you want to tell someone about your day, or you thought something another player wrote was funny, or just to say hi.
  • I am always right, but not always accurate. If I've made a mistake, please tell my by email as soon as possible. If you try to notify me in thread, I'll have to to edit your post and you will most likely be mod-killed.
  • If I'm going to be unavailable for more than a day, I'll post that information
  • Most importantly...this is a game and we're here to have fun. Do your part.

Full Circle.
  • posted 03-18-04 09:53 ET (US)     2 / 793  
    Roles out within the hour. Please confirm in signup thread and start sending in night choices.

Full Circle.
    posted 03-18-04 10:13 ET (US)     3 / 793  

Quoted from pip:

I am always right, but not always accurate. If I've made a mistake, please tell my by email as soon as possible. If you try to notify me in thread, I'll have to to edit your post and you will most likely be mod-killed.

Something tells me you copy pasted these rules.

posted 03-18-04 10:32 ET (US)     4 / 793  
    Avast! I be confirmed!
    posted 03-18-04 10:40 ET (US)     5 / 793  
    Yes, bengel, that's my standard set over on mafiascum. I can also lock threads there to stop people from confirming in game thread! I also usually get confirms by return PM but that'll have to wait till we get the new forums.

Confirm in the signup thread please. Don't clutter up the game thread or we waste the whole first page in nothing.

Full Circle.
    posted 03-20-04 03:09 ET (US)     6 / 793  
    Allright! All confirms are in.

Night one choice deadline 1200ET Sunday, the 21st.

Full Circle.
    posted 03-21-04 04:48 ET (US)     7 / 793  
    Tick tock!
    If you don't send in a choice. You make no choice. You know who you are.

Full Circle.
    posted 03-21-04 10:03 ET (US)     8 / 793  
    The Daily Doormat
    (If it's not on your doormat, tell us and we'll change the paper boy)

Reef bombing bombs tourist revenues
    With the deep sea fish stocks around Fakarava steadily declining, a group of local fishermen have taken to a new method of fishing called reef bombing. Though cheap, this method has far reaching consequences on the eco system around the region and marine biologists predict that, at the rate at which the bombing is occuring, the reef that forms the atoll and consequently the lagoon will be decimated within the decade. The consequences of this include loss of the lagoon, exposure to posible tidal waves and most importantly, the fall in tourist revenue as visitors steer clear of Fakarava as it no longer remains the quaint and picturesque town it once was.

Town Council derides reef fishermen
    In a strong statement issued today, the Lord Mayor confirmed that legislation had been put in motion to bring about a ban on reef bombing as a method of fishing. The Syndicate of Pearl Farmers, who have been adversely affected due to the bombing since their oyster beds depend on the reef's existence, hailed the decision as the right one. No one from the Union of Reef Fishermen was available immediately for comment.

Vegetariaism: The New Age Health Mantra
    With depleting fish stocks making the prices of staple cod and tuna rise astronomically and with the new realisation of the benefits of a vegetarian diet, a new fangled food fad is quickly spreading around the Tuamotu region as more and more people turn vegetarian in an effort to let the little animals live. "Turn veggie!" exhorts PETA activist Marjorie Goldsmith, "You won't lose a small fortune, you'll do Mother Nature a favour by balancing the food cycle and you'll live longer. Vegetarian is the way to go!"

TV listings: Page 2
    Other local news: Page 3
    Obituaries and personal announcements: Page 4
    International News: Page 5
    Sports: page 6

Full Circle.
    posted 03-21-04 10:03 ET (US)     9 / 793  
    Obituaries

WeaveCaesar
    An outstanding member of the local police force, WeaveCaesar was killed yesterday as an explosion rocked his house. Forensic investigators were not ready to comment on how the explosion was caused. There is conjecture as to whether it was a case of undetected gas leak and consequent blow up or a deliberate use of a small explosive device. Perhaps, it was a bit of both.

TealWanderER
    Councilman in the Fakarava Town Council, beloved husband, father and friend, was found dead yesterday by employees on the Pearl Farm in town. He was known to have a habit of taking midnight swims but Councilman WanderER was found by divers on routine oyster checkups with a stone tied around his neck. Investigations continue into the homicide.

Full Circle.
    posted 03-21-04 10:05 ET (US)     10 / 793  
    It is now day one. With 19 people still around, it'll take 10 votes to send someone on a one way trip to Davy Jones' Locker.

Full Circle.
    posted 03-21-04 10:14 ET (US)     11 / 793  
    Not wanting to rock any boats, because it doesn't affect me ... but isn't there still another 2 hours to go to your deadline?
    posted 03-21-04 10:16 ET (US)     12 / 793  
    Is it a bad thing that all work was completed before deadline?

I think it's pretty much a given that if all choices are in early, it'll dawn early. Anyway, now you know.

Full Circle.
    posted 03-21-04 10:40 ET (US)     13 / 793  
    care to share who was the lagger? hehe

Why do I always get blamed when Weave shows up dead?
    posted 03-21-04 10:40 ET (US)     14 / 793  
    *cries*
    We lost a/the cop and a not evil person (i'm guessing).
    posted 03-21-04 10:55 ET (US)     15 / 793  
    Damn, we lost a cop and a mason (i think? town council, has to be masons, right?).
    Random vote:Rocky
    posted 03-21-04 11:02 ET (US)     16 / 793  
    Not a good start for us by the look of it. How the hell did they know? Or was it just blind luck?
    Time to start anyway.....

Vote Berend

For no good reason.

Gwell Angau na Chywilydd
    Puveyor of industrial-strength corsetry and cheese
    Men only buy flowers for one of two reasons-guilt or gratitude
    posted 03-21-04 11:05 ET (US)     17 / 793  
    Wow, I made it through the first night. I'm in unfamiliar territory.

Tough way to start out a game, losing two good guys.

I found page4...where's page2, I need to find the travel channel listings to see where the h*ll Fakarava Island is?

I think the real danger here is PETA, so:

VOTE: Majorie Goldsmith J/K

StarKey

posted 03-21-04 11:20 ET (US)     18 / 793  
    Oh, no That really sucks. I'm hoping we have more than one cop, else we're off to a really bad start... and anyone know if the council are masons or not? If not, sounds like we have lots of different groups/roles here...
    posted 03-21-04 11:39 ET (US)     19 / 793  
    Oops ... please ignore my last post. What an idiot

I wonder if the The Syndicate of Pearl Farmers & Union of Reef Fishermen come into it as groups and, if so, good or bad. I would think the council would have to be the masons ... but I guess we'll have to wait to find out.

With this large number of players, there could be another cop but I wouldn't bank on it Not a good first night.

posted 03-21-04 11:43 ET (US)     20 / 793  
    vote : Debbie

Because she said, when she received her role, that she now had the entire day to think of the game. That means she had to plan what to do, which means she had to think what her night action would be.

It's not much more than a random vote.

posted 03-21-04 11:46 ET (US)     21 / 793  
    Vote: Berend

Purely for the fact that he assumes Debbie's off-handed comment is taken as evidence.

We are star stuff, we are the universe, made manifest, trying to figure itself out. As we have learned, sometimes the universe requires a change of perspective.

THIS LINE WAS LENT TO PETER KANE

posted 03-21-04 12:12 ET (US)     22 / 793  
    Vote: ConLao, because he thinks Berend was really serious while he said:

Quote:

It's not much more than a random vote.

But this really is a vote without any good reason.

I think we've lost a Mason with Teal, the Town Council is mention in the opening as well. It has to be more than just a townie role.

posted 03-21-04 12:15 ET (US)     23 / 793  
    Meh, not a good start at all. I'm keeping the vote inside my pocket for now.
    posted 03-21-04 12:23 ET (US)     24 / 793  
    Oh geez EJ, come on. You think my vote wasn't random? Or that I was serious. OK, I take it back.

Unvote: Berend

We are star stuff, we are the universe, made manifest, trying to figure itself out. As we have learned, sometimes the universe requires a change of perspective.

THIS LINE WAS LENT TO PETER KANE

posted 03-21-04 12:40 ET (US)     25 / 793  
    Brought some Kava, and anyone using explosives on the reef should be lynched. I despise the falseness of "random" votes.
    « Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 32  Next Page »
    Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » The Horse's Head » CBH 7 Davy Jones' Locker
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames