The Horse's Head

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Chicago Mafia 1928
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 12  Next Page »
posted 03-02-04 11:23 ET (US)   

Town Wins

The Roaring 20's! Bathtub gin, speakeasies, flappers and Jazz.
Prohabition has brought vast fortunes to those who would break the law and bring illegal booze to the masses. In Chicago 2 rival gangs; The North Side Gang led by George "Bugs" Moran and The South Side Gang led by Al "Scarface" Capone are locked in a bloody strugle to control the flow of illegal liquer. At night tommie guns rip through the streets, killing wiseguy and innocent alike. I know all 16 of you are knee deep in the sale of banned firewater. To make matters worse the meddeling Feds have sent in 3 undercover FBI agents to stop the spread of organized crime.

The long mid-western summer day, seemed to drag on and on, nobody seemed to take the up-comming gang war very seriously, some played on the beach along lake Michigan, some took in a Cubs game, but it was not until the shadows grew long that the residents of Chicago started to worry about it. One man stood out. The dashing WWI pilot with impecable manners, southern accent and no visable means of support for the high lifestyle he enjoyed, recieved a few votes, his sense of honor was outraged, he defied those accusing him to prove it. The Chicago Police were forced to act, they went to the airport and serched his Curtis Jenny, suprise, suprise they found several cases of very smooth bourbon. This was enough, Vectorgod has been found guilty of bootlegging and sentanced to 10 years of imprisonment at The Illinois State Prison in Joliet. Despite a massive follow up investigation, he had no mob ties whatsoever. Vectorgod = Townie

The Night started with Ted Newbury setting up a meeting in a charming Italian reastuant on the near North Side. He belived he was going to expand the North Side Gang's influence in the Chicago underworld. Instead he was shown an FBI badge, Shouting "You'll never Take me Alive" he dove out of a big picture window and into the street. He took off running but the intrepid untouchables chased him down Division Street to Michigan Avenue, Jumping fences and running down alleys he thought he might get away but just as he neared a bridge Ted Newbury was shot by an Untouchable and fell into the Chicago river. Ted Newbury aka Shelper of the North Side Gang is Dead!

Later at the Apex Club the most swingin Jazz club speakeasy in town, the owner DarthBane was tending bar, a good night , the crowd had packed in to see Velma Kelley sing "All that Jazz" . As she finished the doors burst open and three men with thompson machine guns walked it. The 3 opened fire on poor DarthBane and riddled him with bullets. "You should have paid Al Capone the protection money you owe him" one said. Darthbane, townie once again is dead.

Do you think the night is over, not a chance, This is Chicago! Blues singer Octavius "Muddy Waters" Maximus had just laid down a hell of a show in another speakeasy and was walking home guitar in hand. From out of an ally Willy Marks North Side Thug jumped out and garroted him. Why, I have no Idea. O.M., blues singer and townie is dead.

After the incredible amount of bloodshed last night, the residents of Chicago were in a lynching mood, led by Jaguar without much discussion at all the town marched right up to Johnlee's brownstone on North lake shore drive, and woke him up. He offered up an explanation that he was a cop and should be left alone. The town would have none of it and hauled him off to police headquarters. The upshot, Johnleemk is George "Bugs" Moran godfather of the North Side Gang. He is now serving a life sentence at the federal prison Alcatraz.

After a devestating day for the NSG Willie Marks decided to go for broke. He crossed the Chicago River and met up with a gentelman he thought would help return the NSG to the top of the food chain of the Chicago Underworld. Unfortunately the man he met was Jack "Machine Gun" McGurn of the SSG . The 2 exchanged pleasentries and talked for a while, but nothing good would come of this meeting. After refusing his offer Machine Gun McGurn grabed his trusty Tommie gun from its case under the table, but not before Willie Marks could unholster his concealed revolver.
The resturant they were in expolded into a hail of bullets. When the smoke cleared. Willie Marks aka H.G. David and Jack "Machine Gun" McGurn aka Berend lie dead on the floor.
The North Side Gang is Dead

Day 3 in Chicago began with another prosecution. This time debbie took the lead and marched up to Rocky's place. Rocky countered with a story that he was a simple bar man, who had some protective powers, the town wavered for about 5 minutes and then decided they needed to know. Rocky aka Al Scarface Capone leader of the natorius South Side Gang has been captured! He is now on his way to Alcatraz.

Agent Stone was feeling pretty good about herself, she knew she was destined for promotion, her work with Elliot Ness had helped bag 2 of the biggest mob bosses in the country. As she set off down Rush Street for tonight's assignment, a car window opened and a tommie gun fired. Agent Debbie Stone FBI Untouchable is Dead

The City of Chicago was boiling with anger after the brutal murder of Agent Debbie Stone, The town went after E-Jay for keeping a low profile, and very quickly turned him over to the authorities. E-Jay was running a speakeasy blues club and has been convicted. Now he is singing the blues with Vectorgod at the Illinois State Prison in Joliet. E-Jay was a townie.

Agent Wallace was worried about his boss, Elliot Ness. Special Agent In Charge Elliot Ness had led a briliant war against the Chicago Underworld, but had made powerful enemies who wanted SAIC Ness Dead. Agent Wallace wanted to protect Ness from any harm but was ordered to the stock yards to keep an eye on someone else. From out of the dark the all too familiar stacatto of the Thompson Sub Macine Gun rang out. Agent Wallace dove to the ground but did not get up. A bullet had found it's mark and killed Special Agent ikshawaka Wallace, FBI Bodyguard

GillB = Velma Kelley, Jazz singer, Townie
Jaguar = Elliot Ness, Cop FBI Untouchable
Teal Wanderer = Canadian bootlegger, Townie
Bengel = Brewmaster, Townie

As good as Dead or Dead

Vectorgod = Townie
Shelper = North Side Gang
Darthbane =Townie
O.M. = Townie
Johnleemk = North Side Gang
H.G. David = North Side Gang
Berend = South Side Gang
Rocky = South Side Gang
Debbie = FBI Untouchable bodyguard
Emperor Jay = Townie
ikshawaka = FBI Untouchable bodyguard
WeaveCaesar = South Side Gang

I need T.P.!!!

[This message has been edited by Gteat Cornholio (edited 03-18-2004 @ 04:03 PM).]

Replies:
posted 03-02-04 12:00 ET (US)     1 / 280  
I would first like to say Hi / Yo / Howdy to all my fellow Mafia'ites ... good luck ya'll ....

I have scattered the mafia room with assortments of confectionary and a few board games to ease the tension through the nights.... We have a few old favs such as Buckaroo, Kerplunk, Monopoly & Operation.... any board game arguments will be swiftly dealy with by the the moderator... 'All hail the Great Cornholio'..... and any physical violence used by means of a games board will mean a ban.

As a side note I suggest that all regulars who are non players...ie GQ, AJ, PK (on this occassion) are forced to become the Mafia-ettes...yes, the mafia's own cheerleader brigade... even more entertainment....go cheerleaders, do what you do best....

**Ducks spinning batton** Whooooosssshhhhhh ....

The master of making easy look hard ---- What's wrong with Scooby Doo boxers?
Cockfosters visitor via a stunt cannon ---- Fan of the Great Cornholio Tee shirt dance
Coyote ugly beauty, parrott mangler & all round good egg ---- Have leather pants will travel
posted 03-02-04 12:13 ET (US)     2 / 280  
Nice of you to bring some board games for the night, Rocky. I'll provide the drinks: beer, wine, sodas and mineral water for those who are on a diet.

Oh and, random vote: Jaguar.

posted 03-02-04 12:33 ET (US)     3 / 280  
random vote:berend

Kerplunk is a board game? There is a forumer on another board i visit with that name, never knew he was named after a board game.
*hogs all the potato chips*

posted 03-02-04 13:24 ET (US)     4 / 280  
I promise this will be my only interuption but....
My wife says I cannot be a Mafia-ette 'cos they don't make ra-ra skirts in my size!, and she's damned if she's gonna handmake me one either.

Gwell Angau na Chywilydd
Puveyor of industrial-strength corsetry and cheese
Men only buy flowers for one of two reasons-guilt or gratitude
posted 03-02-04 13:28 ET (US)     5 / 280  
Spoilsport !!

Ok, PK...you can stop shaking your pom poms now!!

Cockfosters visitor via a stunt cannon ---- Fan of the Great Cornholio Tee shirt dance
Coyote ugly beauty, parrott mangler & all round good egg ---- Have leather pants will travel
posted 03-02-04 13:30 ET (US)     6 / 280  
PK, you'd be amazed...

::Grabs the Risk Game:: Who's up for a game?

Random vote: Ikshawaka.

posted 03-02-04 13:56 ET (US)     7 / 280  
I'll bring some real coca-cola! Not that fake stuff.

My random vote : David

posted 03-02-04 14:13 ET (US)     8 / 280  
Vote EJ
and FOS Jaguar

Last game, EJ voted as one of the first on a fellow Mafia player to avoid getting linked to each other...he may try and do the same here. I remember him as a very cautious townie in previous games where he was among the "good".

posted 03-02-04 16:38 ET (US)     9 / 280  
I like a game of Risk....

posted 03-02-04 16:41 ET (US)     10 / 280  
Oh, and totally random vote...

Vote Bengel

posted 03-02-04 17:37 ET (US)     11 / 280  
A good game of Risk sounds like a fine idea

and Vote: EJ

and now, I owe, I owe so off to work I'm going
see you in the morning

Laterer

TealWanderER

Mat 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done unto me.
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference. -Robert Frost
posted 03-02-04 17:44 ET (US)     12 / 280  
What is a FOS ?
That's a new thing. Never had anything like it at OD.
posted 03-02-04 17:49 ET (US)     13 / 280  
Finger of Suspicion ... and I like Risk too
posted 03-02-04 19:43 ET (US)     14 / 280  
Votes thus far
1 Jaguar(EJ)
1 berend(shelper)
1 ikshawaka(Jaguar)
1 H.G. David(berend)
1 Bengel(Rocky)
1 E.J. (Teal)

I need T.P.!!!
posted 03-02-04 20:12 ET (US)     15 / 280  
Moderator off line until tomorrow noon EST.

I need T.P.!!!
posted 03-02-04 23:32 ET (US)     16 / 280  
I'd like a little clarification on the rules please Seems this game is stacked to come down to the two rival mafias to wack it out.

quoted from the rules on the sign up thread: At night the mafias may recruit one townie to join them and of course wack someone they do not have to do this at the same time. If a maifia tries to recruit a player, they must reveal a member, the recruiter to the player they want to recruit.

If they recruit a townie, does that townie HAVE to accept the recruitment? What if they are protected by a bodyguard, would they still be recruited or not?

If by chance an Untouchable is recruited the recruiter is killed.

is there anything to stop the rest of the mafia team from wacking the recruitment target who turned out to be an untouchable?

If the recruited target is a rival mafia player it will come back as a polite refusal

so then, the mafia would have a known target of the other mafia team....and can wack them that night

oh, random vote: Shelper for hogging all the potato chips

lol I like that word "wack"

posted 03-02-04 23:51 ET (US)     17 / 280  
Well, here we go again.

random vote: Debbie

For confusing me more than I already was with all those questions!

~ The Flaming Heretic ~
"It isn't bad for you if you won't live long enough for it to have any effect." - Brad4321
"But it would be hell of a lot harder to do a drive by shooting with a steak knife, don't you think?" - Messiah
"I always shoot my sense of humor before coming here." - Von
"And what's wrong with sucking? At least someone gets pleasure from it!" - ArcticWind7
posted 03-03-04 00:01 ET (US)     18 / 280  
lol OM I can always count on you and Vector to be here with me in the middle of the night. I'm about tired of all the rain we've had...at least my flowers are almost blooming
posted 03-03-04 04:25 ET (US)     19 / 280  
Small remark GC:

EJ actually has 2 votes...I already voted for him in my post #8.

posted 03-03-04 11:07 ET (US)     20 / 280  
The reason bengel gave for his vote is, of course, absolute nonsense. First of all, we decided together last game that we would do it, it wasn't solely my idea and it would be waaaay to obvious to do it again (bengel thought about it immediatly!). Having said that, might bengel be trying to get me lynched quickly? That's the best way for the mafia to get innocents lynched, by convincing people with nonsense arguments...
posted 03-03-04 11:22 ET (US)     21 / 280  
Woohoo! 4 for Risk so far. Who else is in?

Quoted from Emperor Jay:

The reason bengel gave for his vote is, of course, absolute nonsense. First of all, we decided together last game that we would do it, it wasn't solely my idea and it would be waaaay to obvious to do it again (bengel thought about it immediatly!). Having said that, might bengel be trying to get me lynched quickly? That's the best way for the mafia to get innocents lynched, by convincing people with nonsense arguments...

Shows you how much I was paying attention, because I never even noticed that in the last game. Maybe you two are trying not to get associated with eachother in this game by bringing this up... Maybe you are associated after all (What coincidence would that be).

Hhm. Didn't OM vote for Debbie on day 1 of the last game too? Maybe he's guilty of something

posted 03-03-04 12:57 ET (US)     22 / 280  
Votes thus far
1 Jaguar(EJ)
1 berend(shelper)
1 ikshawaka(Jaguar)
1 H.G. David(berend)
1 Bengel(Rocky)
2 E.J. (Teal, bengel)
1 Shelper (Debbie)
1 Debbie (O.M.)

Sorry I missed you vote last night Bengel. The first day always takes forever so no deadline yet. In a general response to Debbie's questions, I think that all 3 groups are very strong and I hope have an equal chance winning. If recruited a townie may refuse to join the mafia and stay loyal to the town. There is a lot of risk vs. reward in this game. It is up to the player to measure both.

I need T.P.!!!
posted 03-03-04 13:01 ET (US)     23 / 280  
Also a protection will not block a recruitment.

I need T.P.!!!
posted 03-03-04 15:52 ET (US)     24 / 280  
Hi everybody!

Sorry I am so slow entering the discussion; things have just been a little hectic over the past couple of days.

I'm still trying to figure out the impact of the setup and the rules. Also wondering what sort of surprises GC has in store for us........Weave and Pip will be tough acts to follow for hidden surprises!

Sorta humorous seeing Bengel and EJ pointing fingers at each other already in this game. Especially after they did such a good job covering each other's backs in the last game!

Have a good day!

Vectorgod

posted 03-03-04 16:49 ET (US)     25 / 280  
*steals crisps from shelper*

Random Vote: GillB

This feels like an interesting game. With some luck, the mafia will take out eachother, but I doubt we'll be that lucky.

*eats crisps, then throws some at Berend*

Better being a Real Player than a WiMP

(joke made up in Quick Time)

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 12  Next Page »
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » The Horse's Head » Chicago Mafia 1928
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames