You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Horse's Head

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: CBH Mafia 10 - Amnesia (Game over - stalemate)
« Previous Page  1 ··· 13 14 15 16  Next Page »
posted 06-16-04 15:58 ET (US)   
WELCOME TO LETHE

POPULATION: 13 12 11 10 9

PLEASE REMEMBER TO DRIVE SLOWLY

It is said that when the body dies, the soul passes to the underworld. Through the gates of oblivion to the endless, grey fields of doom. Souls of the dead must wait here until they are ready to be judged.
In the centre of these fields, an eternal river flows. It sparkles in the most unnatural way. Urging the lost souls to drink. And forget... everything.

The river is named The Lethe, after it's beautiful guardian.

Several years ago, when my grand-father’s grand-father was younger than I am now, stories were told of a man that had tricked the god of the Underworld – and had been reborn to live his life once again. Charming the god with a talisman given to him by a beautiful nymph, this wandering soul did not forget his previous life when he drank from the river, and so was able to bargain and trick his way to freedom.

The man had made an agreement with the nymph, he would take her as his wife; rescuing her from the darkness, and she would at last feel the warmth of the sun on her skin. But she was betrayed, and she soon found him in the arms of another. In a fit of jealous rage, she plunged a dagger into his back killing him forever.
Five drops of blood were spilled when she pulled the knife from her betrayer’s back, and they fell to the ground.

Since his blood was tainted with the water he had consumed in the Underworld, the water of Lethe, it corrupted the very earth as if scorched by an unseen fire.

From each drop of blood, a bush grew, and the people of the nearby town called this Lethe’s Bramble – in honour of the Nymph that was betrayed. The bramble and its berries are a powerful charm, now used by witches and warlocks to aid spells of forgetfulness and mind alteration.

Many years have passed and the town has grown in size, even taking it’s name from the Nymph that was betrayed. But something nasty and evil lurks in the moonlit streets of Lethe. The citizens have become scared by gruesome magical deaths occuring at night; but determined to destroy the evil that has been slowly killing them off the town rallies the last thirteen survivors, but it is then that the unthinkable happens.

Just last night, it was discovered that three berries - potent enough to make everyone forget, had poisoned the town’s only water supply…. The town has forgotten everything.

But like all occurrences of magic – there is an unpredictable side effect to the forgetfulness the town is experiencing. Should a member of the town be killed by non-magical means then they will not die straight away, but instead, their soul will pass to the Underworld and they will sit and judge the town in ways yet unknown.

GAME OVER

Please feel free to post questions or other game-related information (such as absences) in the sign-up thread – although discussions of the game’s specific dynamics are not permitted until after the game is over.

Brave Souls (7/13):
Angel Reckless Rodent
Caesar K
EmperorJay
Niempie
Peregrin
Berend
Bengel

Magically Protected (1/1)
HarryPotter

Lost Souls (5/13):
Darth Bane
WeaveCaesar
Caesar Alan
Rocky
GillB
Debbie

We are star stuff, we are the universe, made manifest, trying to figure itself out. As we have learned, sometimes the universe requires a change of perspective.

THIS LINE WAS LENT TO PETER KANE

[This message has been edited by ConLao (edited 07-10-2004 @ 01:36 PM).]

Replies:
posted 07-09-04 06:37 ET (US)     351 / 383  
Now Billy rapped all night 'bout his suicide
Lucy's stealing clothes from unlocked cars
Freddy's got zits from picking off the stars from his face
Now Jimmy looks sweet 'cause he dresses like a queen

We are star stuff, we are the universe, made manifest, trying to figure itself out. As we have learned, sometimes the universe requires a change of perspective.

posted 07-09-04 07:53 ET (US)     352 / 383  
OK, so now we're on All the Young Dudes ... Bowie again. 'Changes' and that verse of Dudes imply change - everything changing 180 degrees ... so is bad now good & good now bad?
posted 07-09-04 11:46 ET (US)     353 / 383  
Night one: Debbie
Night two: GillB
Night three: ARR
Night four: Pip
posted 07-09-04 14:27 ET (US)     354 / 383  

Quoted from ARR 350:

Or is it all complete nonsense designed to confuse us horribly?

I'm leaning towards this. In any case, it doesn't seem like we'll figure it out until we have some information, e.g. bengel's results tomorrow.

So, Vote: GillB. The reversal messages are doing nothing but confusing us right now, so I'll pick up where I left off.

CK

posted 07-09-04 14:31 ET (US)     355 / 383  
I agree. I'm just getting confused by all these "hints"...so I'm gonna ignore them and return to my - "shall I let Gill defend herself a last time or finish the day now" - statement.

This however does not apply right now, as Gill is only at 3 votes so I can without a problem Unvote EJ and Vote Gill

posted 07-09-04 14:52 ET (US)     356 / 383  
What's the point of defending myself? I've explained the emails I've had and that I've been told I'm on the town's side.

I'm still searching for my soul-mate who evidently doesn't know I'm searching for him/her. I don't know what I am and I seem to be singularly unlucky at picking people's names.

Is that enough to lynch me? You all seem to think so, but I just get the feeling that if you do so, you may well regret it later.

posted 07-09-04 16:41 ET (US)     357 / 383  

Quoted from GillB:

Is that enough to lynch me? You all seem to think so, but I just get the feeling that if you do so, you may well regret it later.

You only fear the lynch if you are scum. Otherwise, you just get to wander the grey fields. Time to bring the curtain down, methinks.

Vote GillB

Angel Reckless Rodent
HeavenGames
posted 07-09-04 16:41 ET (US)     358 / 383  
"Would anyone like some headache pills," Marjory asks, "I have some aspirin here. Oh, we still need 5 to lynch."

Lynch candidates:
GillB = 5 (EmperorJay, Pip, Caesar K, Berend, Angel Reckless Rodent)
Pip = 2 (Niempie, GillB)
EJ = 1 (Bengel)

Still to vote:
None...

EDIT: Pesky Rodents... hehehe updating votecount..

LYNCH SCENE ON WAY

[This message has been edited by ConLao (edited 07-09-2004 @ 04:43 PM).]

posted 07-09-04 17:00 ET (US)     359 / 383  
*cries*
posted 07-09-04 18:25 ET (US)     360 / 383  
I give up waiting for my moment of fame in the promised lynch scene ... it's long gone bed-time.
posted 07-10-04 04:09 ET (US)     361 / 383  
The town turns on GillB. Her protesting and crying isn't enough to convince them that they should spare her life.

The town, led by CaesarK, takes GillB to the stone table and holds her down whilst her hands and feet are bound. Marjory brings forth the knife and GillB continues to struggle but Niempie tightens the ropes.
"Any last words?" CK asks, laughing as GillB struggles to talk.

"I would have got away with it if it weren't for you pesky kids! You know who you are - Kill them all!" She screams.
Marjory steps forward and passes a knife to CK, who raises it above his head. The last thing GillB will see is the glint of the knife in the sunlight. Or maybe not.

He brings the knife down into GillB and it stops cold in the air! With his other hand he struggles to push it through the air, as if the air itself was getting thicker. Seeing this, Marjory jumps on top and helps to push. But it is not enough.

The crowd looks on and sees Gill is chanting in some strange language, probably Welsh. She is focused on the knife just centimetres from her chest. The two struggle to keep it in place, but her will is strong.
Seeing this, ARR helps too, and finally the knife pierces GillB's body. There is an explosion and the entire town are thrown to the floor!

GillB, the magician of knives, is DEAD.

YAY Town!

Current Status: NIGHT FIVE: Deadline = 23:59 GMT Tuesday.

All players must submit one name (unless previously instructed). Use this Email Address.

[This message has been edited by ConLao (edited 07-10-2004 @ 04:12 AM).]

posted 07-10-04 13:30 ET (US)     362 / 383  
CURRENT STATUS: Game Over

Through a bizarre set of circumstances it became apparent that the remaining scum member was being cured of his wicked ways - Reckless Rodent is now a fully contributing and nice member of soceity.
This could not be attributed to anything in particular but all is good now in the town of Lethe. The remaining citizens rejoice the peace that has come to the town.

As Mod - I officially declare a stalemate.

[This message has been edited by ConLao (edited 07-10-2004 @ 01:31 PM).]

posted 07-10-04 13:55 ET (US)     363 / 383  
Please find a brief explanation of the setup. Any questions can be directed to me personally by email or in thread.

SCUM
Team 1 - Can write the Green messages
Angel Reckless Rodent - SoulSucker
GillB - MagicianOfKnives

Team 2
Darth Bane - SK (Poisoner)

COPS
Bengel (Sane - the bumbling bit was just the addition of the word 'probably' with every result)

DOCS
Niempie

MASONS - Can write the Yellow messages
Caesar Alan
Caesar K

OTHER ROLES
Pip (Alternate between INSANE COP & DOC)
Berend (Message Reader)
Debbie (LoneRanger76)
EmperorJay (Mayor - Reverse Roleblock)
Rocky (Message Writer - Blue)
WeaveCaeser (Pollster - Choose 3 names and get told how many are scum)

Special thanks to PeterKane (HarryPotter).

In the grey fields, people had a choice of 3 from 30 random game altering effects, from being ressurected to ending the day early, adding votes to people and preventing others from being lynched.

Thanks all - was a fun game to mod.

I think overall I gave the grey fields players too much ability and that's what let things down.

[This message has been edited by ConLao (edited 07-10-2004 @ 06:04 PM).]

posted 07-10-04 14:40 ET (US)     364 / 383  
Ummm ... I'm not sure I understand. Does that mean that Reck wasn't scum any more, yet knew that I was? If so, when did that happen?
posted 07-10-04 14:45 ET (US)     365 / 383  
Reck was still scum.

posted 07-10-04 14:58 ET (US)     366 / 383  
Pretty... unexpected end! Well, it was a nice game, altough some things did annoy me (a certain Harry Potter) it was a pleasure playing this game overall, I really enjoyed it.
posted 07-10-04 15:01 ET (US)     367 / 383  

Quoted from Darth:

*breaks down and cries*

How I wanted to answer that!!!!!!
So funny.

Gwell Angau na Chywilydd
Puveyor of industrial-strength corsetry and cheese
Men only buy flowers for one of two reasons-guilt or gratitude
posted 07-10-04 15:23 ET (US)     368 / 383  
why did the game end?

Why does everyone think I killed Debbie?
posted 07-10-04 15:24 ET (US)     369 / 383  
Suffice to say that I discovered that two rules had been broken which basically messed everything up. It was my only option to end the game.

[This message has been edited by ConLao (edited 07-10-2004 @ 03:29 PM).]

posted 07-10-04 18:11 ET (US)     370 / 383  
This is rather unexpected...

ARR, you continue to amaze me...! What if you had been wrong about Darth?

In any case, you certainly had me

Pip, sorry to be so rough on you...but it was for your own protection You said yourself your defense was that you would be lynched, so I thought I'd help you with that. We wanted you to survive your night, especially since if you lasted just one more night you'd be there to protect us.

And Niempie...bengal, I'm glad the winds of the Grey Fields let you say what you did :

Quoted from me 341:

Quoted from bengel, 344:

I wouldn't worry too much.

Are you 100% sure of this?
(I think I can guess at what you're getting at - don't make the winds angry)

I was hoping for a yes/no here, but I realize I was being unreasonably obscure.

My 100% was an impossibly subtle reference to

Quoted from bengel 314:

Niempie: pro town, clear 100%

'Yes' would have verified my "suspicions" that bengel's was due to Niempie, i.e. Niempie was our doc.

With Niempie cleared, I was having one of my "aaiee the theory of the game is blowing up!" moments. Plus I was feeling a little suspicious of EJ...though I tried to tell myself that was nuts .

I couldn't have a breakdown in the thread though, or I would be "exposed" of not really believing Pip was scum, and if there wasn't enough pressure on him I was worried he'd end up dead.

Thanks for an awesome game ConLao
CK

editted because I forgot a very important thing

[This message has been edited by Caesar K (edited 07-10-2004 @ 06:15 PM).]

posted 07-10-04 18:15 ET (US)     371 / 383  
Reck's a very astute player... he pegged me as scum, the same way I'd pegged him AND gill as scum... I regret not taking him out the night before I got lynched and Gill was my target that night...
posted 07-10-04 18:21 ET (US)     372 / 383  
So why did everyone think I was scum? I'm so rarely anything bad that it can't have been past experience ...
posted 07-10-04 18:34 ET (US)     373 / 383  
Gill, with you for once I was being completely honest with the town . My reasons were exactly as I stated - no more, no less. You were "squeezed" (I'm using the term very very freely).

I didn't think you were scum until that Night, when I did some real thinking about what roles had to go where.

I thought both you and Niempie were scummy the Night I wrote the message, but it was slightly easier to point to you than to Niempie . Plus, I had really vague gut feelings that Niempie might be innocent, so I went after you.

CK

posted 07-10-04 18:43 ET (US)     374 / 383  
Gill, let's call it a hunch For once, I was going with my gut.
posted 07-11-04 03:26 ET (US)     375 / 383  

Quoted from Caesar K:

ARR, you continue to amaze me...! What if you had been wrong about Darth?

If I'd been wrong, then it would have removed a townie and given Gill some more time. Besides, by then, most people had roleclaimed, so I had to do something.

This was a very hard game for scum to win once all the roles became clear. With only 2 of us and several investigation/blocking roles, it was always going to be something of an uphill struggle. That's why I felt the need to try something rather different. The Putney Poisoner thing was the clincher for me, though Darth's eagerness to see when the poison kicked in was also a push in the right direction. That said, it was still quite a risk to take.

There was a rather nasty moment after Darth had highlighted the fact that I'd written the green message, since someone in the grey fields had blocked me from posting for 24 hours. I was just relieved that nobody picked up on Darth's post though, and it gave me some time to think up a way to dig myself out of the hole.

In fact, getting rid of Darth was the killer for the scum. Once that had happened, there was almost certainly no chance of us winning the game. In normal games, you can get rid of 2 people in the day/night circle with a lynch and a kill, but here it was only 1. Then again, Darth has already said that he had both Gill and I down as scum, and he would have tried to take us out, so I guess we were in a no-win situation.

Even with my roleclaim, there was no way that I would have won this game. Bengel's "probably dishonest" on me was a real bummer (I gather that 5 people chose me on the first night!!!), and would have been a hard one to explain away. All I could have said would have been "look at my track record", but the town would have nothing to lose by lynching me. With that hanging over me, I'm actually amazed that I lasted as long as I did.

By the way, EJay was my pick to be killed on the final night .

Angel Reckless Rodent
HeavenGames
« Previous Page  1 ··· 13 14 15 16  Next Page »
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » The Horse's Head » CBH Mafia 10 - Amnesia (Game over - stalemate)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames