Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: CBH Mini 1 - The Princess Bride Mafia
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 12  Next Page »
posted 07-27-04 10:10 ET (US)   
GAME OVER - Congrats Mafia

MOTHER: Your grandfather's here.
THE KID: Mom, can't you tell him that I'm sick?
MOTHER: You are sick, that's why he's here.
THE KID: He'll pinch my cheek. I hate that.
MOTHER: Maybe he won't.

THE KID'S GRANDFATHER bursting into the room. Kind of rumpled. But the eyes are bright. He has a wrapped package tucked under one arm as be immediately goes to The Kid, pinches his cheek.

GRANDFATHER: Hey! How's the sickie? Heh?
MOTHER: I think I'll leave you two pals.
GRANDFATHER: I brought you a special present.
THE KID: What is it?
GRANDFATHER: Open it up.
THE KID: A book?
GRANDFATHER: That's right. When I was your age, television was called books. And this is a special book. It was the book my father used to read to me when I was sick, and I used to read it to your father. And today, I'm gonna read it to you.
THE KID: Has it got any sports in it?
GRANDFATHER: Are you kidding? Fencing. Fighting. Torture. Revenge. Giants. Monsters. Chases. Escapes. True love. Miracles.
THE KID: It doesn't sound too bad. I'll try and stay awake.
GRANDFATHER: Oh. Well, thank you very much. It's very nice of you. Your vote of confidence is overwhelming. All right.

(Book open now, be begins to read.)

The Princess Bride, by S. Morgenstern. Chapter One. Buttercup was raised on a small farm in the country of Florin.

Alive: (3/12)
Bengel
Merepatra
Ovidius

6 Feet Under: (9/12)
DarthBane - Dread Pirate Ryan - Murdered night 1 and Guilder has been framed
Caesar K - R.O.U.S. - lynched by the town Day 1
Angel Reckless Rodent - Princess Buttercup - succumbed to a badly infected leg wound at the end of Day 1.
GillB - Fezzik - Murdered night 2 and Guilder has been framed
GillB II (replaces Caesar Alan) - Westley - Lynched day 2.
ConLao - Count Rugen - Killed by Inigo Montoya as revenge
Adder - Inigo Montoya - Murdered by Humperdinck and his cronies (endgame)
Debbie - Mad Max - Put in the dungeons (endgame)
Gteat COrnholio - Valerie - Put in the dungeons (endgame)

Links:
The Movie Script

Jaguar

[This message has been edited by Jaguar (edited 08-17-2004 @ 01:20 PM).]

Replies:
posted 07-27-04 10:11 ET (US)     1 / 290  
The Rules (stolen from somewhere):

• Votes must be in bold. If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted.
• Please be attentive and unvote, if necessary, before casting a new vote. Your vote will not be changed unless you unvote first.
• Executions will require a simple majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, his pleas are useless and any attempts to unvote will be unheeded. You may vote: no lynch – majority votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a death.
• The game is not to be discussed outside of the thread unless your role specifically states that you may do so.
• Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead. Stop typing.
• Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts
• Don’t quote any private correspondence, including emails, from me.
• If you have a night choice to make, it is due by the posted deadline. I will not wait for you – if you do not submit a choice to me, tough! No choice will be made.
If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
• Remember, it’s a game. It’s supposed to played. It’s supposed to be fun. Do your part.

ADDITION OF NEW RULE:
• Don't pester the mod into revealing information that may or may not be general knowledge. Any emails that ask for game mechanics information will be ignored.

Use common sense and all will be revealed once the game is over.

Since we can’t lock threads in heaven, please refrain from posting during game nights. I know it can be done as I followed ConLao’s game where everyone obeyed the rules

Jaguar

[This message has been edited by Jaguar (edited 08-10-2004 @ 06:04 PM).]

posted 07-27-04 10:30 ET (US)     2 / 290  
Reck & I can lock threads if you think it's necessary (this doesn't count as talking at night - it's answering a point in the header post )
posted 07-27-04 10:51 ET (US)     3 / 290  
We'll see how it goes without locking threads, Gill, but I may take you up on the offer later

Jaguar
posted 07-28-04 11:14 ET (US)     4 / 290  
Apologies to everyone for posting during Night, but this is mildly important

I will be away (and almost certainly without internet access) for the whole of Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and also for part of Monday. Assuming I'm still alive, I'll do my best catch up when I get back.

Sorry 'bout that

Alan

posted 07-29-04 12:28 ET (US)     5 / 290  
WESTLEY: This will all soon be but a happy memory because Roberts' ship "Revenge" is anchored at the far end. And I, as you know, am Roberts.
BUTTERCUP: But how is that possible, since he's been marauding twenty years and you only left me five years ago?
WESTLEY: I myself am often surprised at life's little quirks. You see, what I told you before about saying "please" was true. It intrigued Roberts, as did my descriptions of your beauty. Finally, Roberts decided something. He said, "All right, Westley, I've never had a valet. You can try it for tonight. I'll most likely kill you in the morning." Three years he said that. "Good night, Westley. Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning." It was a fine time for me. I was learning to fence, to fight, anything anyone would teach me. And Roberts and I eventually became friends. And then it happened.

WESTLEY: Well, Roberts had grown so rich, he wanted to retire. So he took me to his cabin and told me his secret. "I am not the Dread Pirate Roberts," he said. "My name is Ryan. I inherited this ship from the previous Dread Pirate Roberts, just as you will inherit it from me. The man I inherited it from was not the real Dread Pirate Roberts, either. His name was Cummerbund. The real Roberts has been retired fifteen years and living like a king in Patagonia." Then he explained the name was the important thing for inspiring the necessary fear. You see, no one would surrender to the Dread Pirate Westley.

-----

Well, the Dread Pirate Ryan, also known as the Dread Pirate DarthBane, decided that the good life was too good for him and came out of retirement. He wanted to scare people into revealing some secrets and perhaps find out whose interest they had in mind. Since Westley had left the Revenge anchored, Ryan had a place to go. Sadly, the Dread Pirate Ryan did not get far as he was cornered by some folk who would rather see war with Guilder than a happy Florin.

DarthBane – Dread Pirate Ryan (No not Westley) has been killed and Guilder has been framed for the murder.

In other news, it looks like Angel Reckless Rodent has a nasty bite on his leg. He can walk, but it does hurt.

With 11 people alive, it will take 6 votes to lynch.

Jaguar
posted 07-29-04 18:50 ET (US)     6 / 290  
Away: Caesar Alan until Monday

I'll have irregular access until Tuesday morning, but I'll try to stop in at least a couple of times between now and then.

Now start playing.

Jaguar
posted 07-29-04 19:05 ET (US)     7 / 290  
OK - I'm seeing that the Dread Pirate is gone At least it wasn't Westley.

What confuses me is the 'framing' of Guilder... That sounds like something Prince Humperdinck would do. In which case that is our 'scum-kill' for the night. Assuming the scum group is a set of three (standard), with no other kill last night, I'm thinking we got lucky with a protection last night and a possible SK (or 2nd scum group) was stopped.

Definately OK, Considering all the facts.

Random Vote: GillB

We are star stuff, we are the universe, made manifest, trying to figure itself out. As we have learned, sometimes the universe requires a change of perspective.

THIS LINE WAS LENT TO PETER KANE

posted 07-29-04 20:09 ET (US)     8 / 290  
vote conlao who will always and ever be my first day vote

Why do I always get blamed when Weave shows up dead?
posted 07-29-04 20:29 ET (US)     9 / 290  
*Jumps on bandwagon*

Not So Random Vote: ConLao

]Adder
They lie!
posted 07-29-04 21:50 ET (US)     10 / 290  
Just finished reading the entire script. Wow, that was not what I expected it to be like

Framing Guilder definately sounds Humperdinckish, considering how that was the whole point of plotting to kill Buttercup. So if he's "mafia", maybe it's with Yellin and Rugen ?

It sounds to me like Darth was a cop, since he was trying to find out which side people were on.

And what in the world bites ? The shrieking eels?

Random VOTE: Ovidius. Speaking of which, Adder, why is voting for CL not random ?

CK

posted 07-29-04 21:59 ET (US)     11 / 290  
Well it's the first day. We ought to rid ourselves of someone and unless someone has something really important to say I figure I might as well jump on a bandwagon and vote for someone who's already been voted for.

]Adder
They lie!
posted 07-30-04 02:37 ET (US)     12 / 290  

Quoted from ConLao:

Random Vote: GillB

Perhaps you can explain to me?
posted 07-30-04 03:54 ET (US)     13 / 290  
Vote Adder the Second

Care to explain why your vote was not random???

Angel Reckless Rodent
HeavenGames
posted 07-30-04 03:55 ET (US)     14 / 290  
Poor Darth, he didn't even get to post! And from what people have said and Jag's story, it seems we may already be on the back foot having lost him.

[displays ignorance of the story]
CK, would the "shrieking eels" be candidates for SK or something?
[/displays ignorance of the story]

Anyway, random VOTE: GC.

I must confess I know nothing about the story... but we will be taking the DVD out this weekend, hopefully. So please bear with my present cluelessness.

posted 07-30-04 04:01 ET (US)     15 / 290  
Sorry for the double post.

ARR, Adder did explain his 'non-random' vote in post #11:

Quoted from Adder:

Well it's the first day. We ought to rid ourselves of someone and unless someone has something really important to say I figure I might as well jump on a bandwagon and vote for someone who's already been voted for.

posted 07-30-04 04:07 ET (US)     16 / 290  

Quote:

vote conlao who will always and ever be my first day vote

Stuck in a rut already, I note
posted 07-30-04 05:16 ET (US)     17 / 290  

Quoted from Ovidius:

ARR, Adder did explain his 'non-random' vote in post #11

Oops...so he did. Colour me stupid.

Oh well, I'm leaving it there for the moment.

Angel Reckless Rodent
HeavenGames
posted 07-30-04 06:27 ET (US)     18 / 290  
I'll read that movie script this weekend, then I'll be able to follow this a bit better.

For now: Vote Merepatra

Just my way of saying: welcome!

posted 07-30-04 06:37 ET (US)     19 / 290  

Quote:

Stuck in a rut already, I note

like I said, always and ever

I too am going to rent the DVD/VHS and watch the movie this weekend. CK you read the whole script?

posted 07-30-04 07:06 ET (US)     20 / 290  

Quoted from Debbie:

CK you read the whole script?

It seems I am not the only one who has decided that reading an entire movie script is just too much work!

posted 07-30-04 07:26 ET (US)     21 / 290  
Reading the script sounds like too much work for me too, I might try and rent the video.

For now: Vote bengel
Just my way of saying: thanks!

posted 07-30-04 07:49 ET (US)     22 / 290  
Hmm...re-reading what's happened so far I'm very happy with my vote on Adder, but I'll supplement it with a FOS Debbie.

Quoted from ConLao:

OK - I'm seeing that the Dread Pirate is gone...

As you've seen this a few times and I've only read the script once, where in the mafia pantheon would you put the Dread Pirate? SK? Scum? Townie?

Quoted from ConLao:

What confuses me is the 'framing' of Guilder

That's got me a little puzzled too. Do we have someone here who is from Guilder, or has Jag just put this in as a storytelling device?

Quoted from ConLao:

That sounds like something Prince Humperdinck would do.

I read the script this morning, and I would tend to agree with you. PH would appear to be a prime suspect for this (unless of course Jag is having a bit of fun with us here).

Quoted from ConLao:

Assuming the scum group is a set of three (standard), with no other kill last night, I'm thinking we got lucky with a protection last night and a possible SK (or 2nd scum group) was stopped.

The other option is that, if we have more than 1 killing group, they failed to get their choice in on time.

Quoted from ConLao:

Ok, considering all the facts.

What facts do you have at your disposal which we have been denied???

Angel Reckless Rodent
HeavenGames
posted 07-30-04 08:07 ET (US)     23 / 290  

Quoted from Reck:

The other option is they failed to get their choice in on time.

Or were deflected somehow - hence your bitten leg. Nasty crime
posted 07-30-04 08:18 ET (US)     24 / 290  
looking at the first page of the movie script, it seems there are 13 characters in the movie but only 12 players. I suppose I could figure out who is the most least likely character to leave out after I watch the movie but I see no mention of any dread pirates in the movie cast list *have to rent the movie* so I'm kinda in the dark.

posted 07-30-04 11:22 ET (US)     25 / 290  

Quote:

Reading the script sounds like too much work for me too, I might try and rent the video.

It's a good movie. I'd recommend it. It's been awhile since I've seen it though, might not hurt to skim through the script.

]Adder
They lie!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 12  Next Page »
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » The Horse's Head » CBH Mini 1 - The Princess Bride Mafia
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: