You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Website Comments
Moderated by Jayhawk

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Can I upload big files to the Download Section?
posted 09-15-09 20:18 ET (US)   
Hi, I have been going through the Caesar III career missions and posting about my progress here. The end games of the missions are "saved" as mutli-megabyte JPEG images that have been edited together from dozens of screenshots each. I am nearly, though not quite, done with the career and the images now total 129MB. I was thinking of making them into a single zip file and uploading that as something like "GovernorSimulus's Career Screenshots" and am wondering if the 129+MB size would be objectionable to the Angels or should I upload them singly (20 in total when the career is finished)? The largest single screenshots is still 15.3MB.
Replies:
posted 09-16-09 06:55 ET (US)     1 / 4  
Most of the CB heavens state that 8 MB is the max size of a submission for our downloads server. As far as I know, that is still the limit.

Expand your fun by downloading free custom campaigns for Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom.
Visit Zeus Heaven to expand your knowledge of Zeus and Poseidon.
posted 09-16-09 07:16 ET (US)     2 / 4  
GovernorSimulus; I'm not quite sure why you'd want to upload JPEG images anyway.

Generally (actually ... almost always) folks upload a (zipped) saved game just before completion of their city, this gives other players more insight into how your city works (they can view the advisors' screens for example).

Anyhoo, it's your choice; I think the accepted limit for a file is, as Gweilo says, 8 MB.

"Can I draw you a beer, Norm?"
"No, I know what they look like. Just pour me one."
Cheers !!
posted 09-16-09 13:59 ET (US)     3 / 4  
Granite Q: I can't make saved game files because my game always corrupts them. When I try to save any city (except when they're vary small, under about 2,000 citizens) and I open the saved game file I get a black map-screen (like you see beyond the edge of the province normally) with no map, 0 people and money, all gods "wrathful"/5 lightnight bolts and a video with Caesar throwing his cup at me saying "Enough!" and favor at 10 or something like that. So instead of .sav files I am trying this JPEG screen-shot thing.
posted 09-16-09 14:37 ET (US)     4 / 4  
Aaah, I see, I'm sorry I didn't realise you have a problem making .sav files with your mac version of C3

"Can I draw you a beer, Norm?"
"No, I know what they look like. Just pour me one."
Cheers !!
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Website Comments » Can I upload big files to the Download Section?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames