The Town Square
Moderated by Jayhawk

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The city builder game soundtracks and other music
posted 05-04-12 23:34 ET (US)   
Hello,

I searched for threads about the city builder game soundtracks and there are a few older ones here and here. I thought I'd put up some info and tracklistings for reference as these soundtracks are great, in particular the Pharaoh and Emperor ones are my favorites.

It seems there have been a few of the soundtracks released on cd and the most well known one was the Music to Build Pyramids By for Pharaoh. From what I have read is there was a limited quantity made back when the game was released and some were given free with pre-orders of the game. However the cd didn't have all the tracks as featured in the game folder.

Thankfully we can find all the soundtrack files in the game folders on the cdroms. Keith from the Heavengames and Tilted Mill forums has a website here which enables you to listen to the soundtrack if the game is installed on your computer. The Pharaoh "Lost Tracks" are also available for download here, thanks Keith.

I have also linked to official websites where the soundtracks can be downloaded or bought, and you can also listen to them on youtube if you search. There are also some extra tracks not included in the official game releases which I will include links to below.

Caesar 3 (1998)
1. Combat Long
2. Combat Short
3. Rome 1
4. Rome 2
5. Rome 3
6. Rome 4
7. Rome 5
8. Setup
9. Win Assignment

Pharaoh and Cleopatra (1999,2000)
1. Advent
2. Agbj
3. Amakh
4. Amber
5. Ankh
6. Anquet
7. Battle
8. Bennu
9. Daq
10. Dd-m-ann
11. Dust
12. Geb
13. Hapj-aA
14. Isis
15. Ja
16. Jakb
17. Jrj-hb-sd
18. Khepera
19. Khet
20. Khu
21. Longing
22. Maa-jb
23. M-srf
24. M-twr
25. Nefer
26. Offering
27. Ra
28. Rain
29. Rekhit
30. Rwd
31. Rwdt
32. Sekhmet
33. Setup
34. Smr
35. Sps
36. Sstj
37. Stha
38. Waj
39. Watj

Pharaoh "Lost Tracks" (1999,2000)
40. Egypt
41. Mission 1
42. Mission 2
43. Mission 3
Download here

Pharaoh "CD Only Bonus Tracks" (1999,2000)
44. Horus**
45. Tuning Up**

Zeus (2000)
1. Afigisi
2. Amolfi
3. Battle 1
4. Battle 2
5. Battle 3
6. Battle 4
7. Battle Long
8. Campaign Victory
9. Eilavia
10. Ekplixi
11. Eplitha
12. Fengari
13. Iremos
14. Mission Intro
15. Mission victory
16. Mnimio
17. Naoss
18. Oyonos
19. Perifanos
20. Proi
21. Sdis
22. Sgames
23. Smon1
24. Smon2
25. Setup
26. Zoi
27. Install**

Poseidon (2001)
28. Battle Long 2
29. Pnevma
30. Tamagia

Emperor (2002)
1. Menu 1 - San Xuan
2. Mission - The Rising Sun
3. Lonely Er Hu
4. Temple of Zhong
5. Happy Qu Di
6. Di Zi Feeling
7. Dance of the Great Wall
8. Bo Luo Vo La
9. Journey of the Gu Qin
10. Buddha's Dream
11. Guan Zi Festival
12. Pi Pa Village
13. Sunset Ceremony
14. Himalayan Echos
15. Battle 1 - Battle of the Tang Gu
16. Battle 2 - Xiao Luo Conflict
17. Battle 3 - War of the Elephants
18. Battle 4 - Attack of the Feng Luo
19. Lose - Go Go Gamelan**
20. Easter Eggroll**
21. Victory 1 - The Jolly Emperor
22. Victory 2 - Village of the Victors
Download here

Children of the Nile (2004)
1. Welcome
2. Craftsmens Song
3. Journey Down the Nile
4. Memories of Thebes
5. On the Falcons Wings
6. Karnak by Camel
7. The Valley of the Kings
8. Pharaoh's Dream
9. The Garden of Egypt Part 1
10. Many Roads Many Travels
11. The Garden of Egypt Part 2
12. Dissatisfaction
13. Beloved of Maat
14. In the Field of Reeds
15. Festival Dance
16. In the Service of Pharaoh
17. Jewel in the Desert
Download here

Caesar 4 (2006)

Disc 1
1. Excipio (Welcome)
2. Imperium et Libertas (Empire and Liberty)
3. Pari Passu (With Equal Step)
4. Urbem Conditam Roma, Unus (The Founding of Rome Part 1)
5. Carmen Legatus Legionus (Song of the Legion Commander)
6. Esto Perpetua (May You Last Forever)
7. Victoria In Acies (Victory on the Battlefield)
8. Desert One
9. Desert Two
10. Asia One
11. Asia Two

Disc 2
1. Northern Europe One
2. Northern Europe Two
3. Northern Africa One
4. Northern Africa Two
5. Vox Populi (The Voice of the People)
6. Urbem Conditam Roma, Duos (The Founding of Rome Part 2)
7. Dulcius ex Asperis (Through Difficulty, Sweetness)
8. Lux et Veritas (Light and Truth)
9. Displiceo (Dissatisfaction)
10. Senatus Populusque Romanus (The Senate and the People of Rome)
Buy here

Links
Robert L. Euvino - made the soundtrack for Caesar 3
Keith Zizza - made the soundtracks for Pharaoh and Cleopatra, Zeus and Poseidon, Children of the Nile and Caesar 4
Keith Zizza at the Videogame Soundtrack Database
Keith Zizza at Mobygames
Henry Beckett - made the soundtrack for Pharaoh, Zeus and Poseidon
Jeff Van Dyck - made the soundtrack for Emperor
Jeff Van Dyck at Videogame Soundtrack Database
Jeff Van Dyck at Mobygames
Pharaoh soundtrack cd at Videogame Soundtrack Database

Notes
**The Pharaoh "CD Only Bonus Tracks" seem to be the two tracks Horus and Tuning Up which appear on the Music To Build Pyramids By soundtrack cd only and not in the game. Difficult to find these, if anyone can share them that would be great.

**There was some confusion if there were extra hidden tracks for the installation music for each game, but the Pharaoh installation track is a looped segment of the Khepera song, the Emperor install screen track is the song Himalayan Echos, and I can't say for the others except Zeus which does seem to feature a non-game installation song which I named "Install" and will try to rip and upload as I can't find it on the cd.

**The Poseidon expansion added 3 new tracks to Zeus and on the Emperor soundtrack website there are 2 extra tracks which weren't included in the final game it seems.

Also if you listen to the samples from Keith Zizza's Memories of a Forgotten Age album, some of the songs sound very similar and feel like they could be in Pharaoh - maybe it's that special keyboard effect that gives me those Pharaoh vibes. In particular the songs Dunerunner, I Elemental, Spirits of the Desert Moon, Across the Rubicon, The Obsidian Coast and The Guardians Return sound most Pharaoh-like.

[This message has been edited by alincarpetman (edited 09-25-2013 @ 09:03 PM).]

Replies:
posted 05-23-12 18:36 ET (US)     1 / 5  
Thanks for the interesting post
I too have enjoyed the music in the CBGs, especially Caesar 3 and Pharaoh. It's been awhile since I played Zeus, but I seem to remember not liking that (music) very much.

And thanks for the link to Zizza's homepage, I ended up in ordering his cd, Memories of a Forgotten Age.

Also, do you remember there was some extra music to Pharaoh, downloadable from the official site www.pharaoh1.com: the 4 "lost tracks" Egypt, Mission 1, Mission 2 and Mission 3. Especially the Mission 3 was great.

My favourite from C3 tracks was "Dirt Road", but I can't remember which one of the "Rome #" tracks it was.
posted 05-30-12 09:28 ET (US)     2 / 5  
Hi Nefermenu, I wasn't aware of those 4 extra Pharaoh tracks as the original website changed. I found an archive of that page here, but I can't download the 4 mp3s as they aren't archived.

I also searched online for them but haven't found anything yet. Maybe someone reading this forum might have them and can share them with us?

[This message has been edited by alincarpetman (edited 05-30-2012 @ 09:31 AM).]

posted 11-06-12 16:09 ET (US)     3 / 5  
When I found out Sierra was closing down I downloaded most of the files related to the citybuilders from their FTP site. I have the "lost files" music for Pharaoh. You can get them from the Pharaoh Music Jukebox link on my citybuilder page:
http://kheitmann-1.tripod.com/.

I also have copies of the orginal official Pharaoh/Cleopatra and Zeus/Poseidon "walkthrough" and cheat code pages. You will find these also via the links on http://kheitmann-1.tripod.com/.

The music player pages will only work for you if you have your games in their original installation folders on one of the drive letters provided on the player page.

Sorry, they probably won't work for people using newer than Windows XP operating systems.

Community Moderator for the former Sierra for Caesar III, Pharaoh/Cleopatra, Zeus/Poseidon, Emperor, Lords of the Realm II/III, World in Conflict.
Core beta tester for Pharaoh, Cleopatra, Zeus, Poseidon, Emperor, Lords of the Realm III, and all their patches.
Core beta tester for Tilted Mill's Children of the Nile. Selected as a Tilted Mill "Luminary".
Beta tester for Civilization III: Conquerors by Sid Meiers, A Force More Powerful by BreakAway Games, and Arabian Lords for Breakaway Games.

[This message has been edited by Keith Heitmann (edited 11-07-2012 @ 01:00 PM).]

posted 11-08-12 15:54 ET (US)     4 / 5  
Thanks a lot Keith! This is great, now we have the complete Pharaoh soundtrack for all to hear. I downloaded the 4 Lost Tracks and have updated the list. Thanks again for posting.
posted 12-11-12 17:36 ET (US)     5 / 5  
Interesting thread alincarpetman.

And cool, thanks for the link Keith! Wow, I remember joining the Sierra forums when I was a kid and you were the moderator back then. How time flies. Glad to see another oldie still popping by once in a while!
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » The Town Square » The city builder game soundtracks and other music
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames