Please login or register

Caesar III: Game Help
Moderated by Granite Q, Gweilo

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Immigrants
posted 10-19-00 06:19 ET (US)   
Is there a way of finding out how many people come on each immigrant cart, and what proportion of them are children, and what their approx age is?
Replies:
posted 10-19-00 11:47 ET (US)     1 / 10  
No. But you can find out by remembering what it is that is making them come and using the fact that each cart services one house. If you just evolved a bunch of small insulae to medium, most of those immigrants are probably one-person carts, because each 1-tile insula increased its capacity by one person. If you placed a lot of new housing, or made a higher-level evolution, the capacity of each tile increased by a greater amount, so each cart holds more people.
posted 10-19-00 15:02 ET (US)     2 / 10  
from all ive seen the maxmum is 4 persons per cart, and only 1 cart per house (or so ive been told).

It is better to be feared than to be loved, but it is worst of all to be hated.
posted 10-19-00 15:36 ET (US)     3 / 10  
I think Theo covered that topic in a fairly recent thread concerning births...
posted 10-19-00 20:05 ET (US)     4 / 10  
Hi Rod,
An immigrant cart can hold 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 people. I don't know the age distribution, but on average just over 40% of them work. (As the population ages, eventually less of them work, but that effect is minor for perhaps 15 years.)
posted 10-19-00 22:43 ET (US)     5 / 10  
can you substanciate that 5-person cart brugle? just asking becuase ive done much indirect testing on this and a house never seems to get more than 4 new inhabitants for every cart.

posted 10-20-00 14:04 ET (US)     6 / 10  
My original; data was the average of 8 cities at the end of the first year.
Average age 26.8 years
Minimum age 0 years
Maximum age 50 years
Schoolkids 14.3%
Academy youths 11.7%
Workforce 44.4%
Since then my observations show that immigrants come in two types. Those going to vacant lots are mainly 5 or 2 to a cart. If a house forms a 2by2 the immigrants on the map disappear and the 2by2 only contains those already in residence.
Immigrants going to fill evolving housing are 4 to a cart if the house has room for 7 or more and enough to fill the house if there are 6 vacancies or less.
At any time there is only one immigrant cart on the map for an evolving house and there is a short delay before the next cart appears. I think that homeless are chosen first but I have no data.
posted 10-20-00 15:35 ET (US)     7 / 10  
the largest segment of my population is always 28-32 .

posted 10-20-00 23:36 ET (US)     8 / 10  
Homeless are NOT chosen first. I have built new housing after mass exoduses (exodi?), and only a few of the homeless turned around.
And I can swear that in Mediolanum (I helped my cousin with it recently) I saw something that looked very amusingly like one immigrant riding on another.
posted 10-21-00 02:31 ET (US)     9 / 10  
Sorry, I was wrong, on my first check the new immigrants were mostly 5 to a cart or 2 to a cart with a few 1's. On a second check they were mostly 1's and 5's with a few 2's.

Smack, I think that homeless are mianly chosen for evolving housing, not new housing. Very few homeless leave the map when you have evolving housing.

[This message has been edited by Theo (edited 10-21-2000).]

posted 10-24-00 16:25 ET (US)     10 / 10  
GovernorSimulus,
In a bunch of new 1x1 houses that have received one immigrant cart each, I've seen 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 residents. 5 residents was the most common, and I think that 4 residents was the least common.

Theo,
I may be mistaken, but I think I once saw a vacant lot need 3 immigrant carts to fill a small tent (5 residents).

Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Caesar III: Game Help » Immigrants
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames