New Files

Miscellaneous Files » 2x2 merging locations

Download File Post Review Post Comment

2x2 merging locations

Author File Description
philon Hi,

This zip file includes the following files:

2x2 data CCK and non-CCK.pdf
2x2 data CCK and non-CCK.xlsx (excel 2007)
Blank non-CCK.map
CCK Lindum Blank.map
CCK Valentia Blank.map
Readme by Philon.txt

The excel file shows 2x2 locations for all enormous size CCK maps and one blank non-CCK map. Red tiles are unsuitable to become 2x2. Green tiles are suitable. Top left is north.

The northern tile determines 2x2's. This means if you build a single vacant lot on a green tile, wait for it to be occupied and then fill up bottom tiles with vacant lots, it will become a 2x2. If you start with a red tile, it won't. In other words any red tile can't be the northern tile of a 2x2 tent.

The moment a .map file is created a bunch of random numbers are generated that determine whether or not a tile will merge into a 2x2 house. Editing the map file, saving it under a new name or changing any settings does not change 2x2 locations. Creating new sav files from map files has no affect either.

The file "CCK Valentia Blank.map" was created using the map editor. There is nothing special about this file. If you open CCK Valentia in your map editor and remove all trees, elevated land, rocks etc. and then remove all the unnecessary settings you will have the same blank file. If you want you can do that and you can use your CCK Valentia map together with this excel file and the 2x2 locations will match.

The same goes for the "CCK Lindum Blank.map". Because you can change empire settings and every other setting in the map editor there was actually no reason to have more than one blank CCK. The reason I created "CCK Lindum Blank.map" as well is because I first cleaned out the CCK-Valentia map and then I found out that CCK-Lindum has slightly less red tiles. So I cleaned that too.

Custom maps created from CCK maps are useful if you want to create an eternal city and run it forever without needing to send gifts because favor doesn't drop in CCK maps. However CCK maps are unsuitable if you want winning criteria in your custom scenario because those are disabled.

Therefore I added the file "Blank non-CCK.map". Loading this blank into map editor is an alternative to selecting "File > New Map > Enormous Size" in the map editor. The difference is that if you select "File > New Map > Enormous Size", you won't have information on 2x2 locations. If you start with the "Blank non-CCK.map" file you will have the information. It is on the excel file as well as the PDF file. The PDF file is included for those who don't have excel.

For further discussion you can visit the forum thread "Merging 2x2's, terrain graphics (and random walkers)" on http://caesar3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/caeforumscgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=2,6771,,30

If you want 2x2 locations for career missions, download the file called "Maps: Spoilers Caesar 3" by Nero Would.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
No messages found

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:344
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:1.17 MB