Difficulty: Very Hard
Population goal: None
Culture goal: None
Prosperity goal: None
Peace goal: None
Favor goal: None
Minimap:
Hail Risus Bibulus, Praetor,

A new commission has come through for you. Our explorers have discovered an abandoned harbour on the African coast.
There are rich fishingwaters over there and we, the Senate of Rome, order you to start a thriving colony there and bring Roman culture to the barbarians. The locals seem to have retreated from the coast and have mastered irrigation techniques you should try to put to our benefit(let's romanize them and appropriate their lands).
We will send you a handsome treasurechest to start of this new colony, but we explicitly forbid you to tax your new settlers to the full extent. You may build a senate to tax the patricians, but forums are out of the question. As you don't want to antagonize the locals too much we won't allow building any fortifications for now. You should build up a powerfull army instead. Don't tarry with that too long as we have word that the rascal prince Jugurtha from Numidia has started to rally the desert tribes to his aid and he threatens our African colonies. Guard yourself well against this alliance, those desert warriors attack with lightningspeed.
We will give you some time to get organized, but soon we will expect some profit from our investment, so get your economy up and running and meet our future requests in time. You have 25 years to get this job done.

Greetings from the Senate of Rome.

P.S. Try to find out why that harbour was abandoned, it's a bit suspicious.
Pages: « First « 1 [2]
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Antonius Hadrian Hmmm, a year has passed... grrr, I was that busy :) Anyway, on vacation and I thought I give it a try. All went well until... the earthquake! Now I have to start it over... I'll let you know if I will have the time to do it.
Pontius Pilatus
File Author
Mmmh, AH.

Didn't expect you to come again after so long. Yes, the EQ was in the competition and yes everybody at the first run was devastated. Now you know and prepare for a second run and avoid it.
Please report when you break the high score here mentioned from Naghite.
Hope the scoring rules are clear.

Cheers!
Antonius Hadrian
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 5
Is the scenario captivating and enjoyable? 100% yes. Took me a month of playing (in fact some 50+ play hours) to complete it, but I enjoyed every second of it. And I sure will play it again, this time to make a stable 25k city... Doable? I really don't know.

Balance: 5
Very well balanced. Can be played as military challenge, economical or both. Once again, I liked it.

Creativity: 5
Many unique challenges here, it took my skills to the limit. Lack of forums, divided map are a real test for any governor.

Map Design: 5
What is to be added? Nothing. Beautiful map, feels like desert, feels like North Africa.

Story/Instructions: 4
Instructions are more then OK, normally would've been a 5, but if I give a perfect score, there is no room for better :D

Additional Comments (possible spoilers):
Seven years gone by when I found, by chance, the CD with Caesar 3. It was my first game bought and installed on my first computer. I loved it then, and still love it now. After installing it and browsing the scenarios I saw this one. Wanted to try, but got too busy. And a year after I remembered that I have some unfinished business here. But what a challenge. It made me learn C3 over again. Walker control, trade control, logistics and distribution, income and so much more. The earthquake splitting the map in two, price raise EXACTLY in the moment I needed those goods the most, gladiator revolt at very very wrong moment (I consider deleting gladiator school at the right moment a cheat), very high requests at the end - all these stretched my limits and I still don't regret it. I can't add anything more that Naghite wouldn't mention.

Final ratings:
Population: 21400
Culture/Prosperity/Peace/Favor 100
All distant battle won
All request met
Pontius Pilatus
File Author
Cool. Received your files. I will investigate your claim to the title of contender.
Start thinking what prize you want for this accomplishment.
Pontius Pilatus
File Author
Good work Antonius Hadrian.

You beat Naghite.

Overall 100% score with population of:

Who will beat this?

[Edited on 03/14/10 @ 09:04 AM]

Pages: « First « 1 [2]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username: