Region: Asia
Map size: 512x512
Population goal: 3000
Culture goal: 100
Security goal: 50
Prosperity goal: 100
Favor goal: 0
Minimap:
Can you complete three tasks set by Caesar, and achieve perfect prosperity and culture, before the volcano erupts?

Another timed mission, but one that gives you a second chance - the volcano is more forgiving than Caesar. It is (in theory at least) possible to win after the eruption, if you can bear to rebuild the city. Unfortunately there are no accurate forecasts of when the eruption will happen - only hints and warnings along the way.

The three tasks to complete (one of which is a military request) are intended to be challenging, but are not quite as difficult as they first seem.

The map is new, though in essence the same as for Mazaca.

BTW - if your PC can stand it, the eruption is best experienced with weather effects ON.

Enjoy!
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
ivrunafowl
Rating
Rating: 4
Mission played at hard.
This mission over all is not difficult to complete in time, and has the added element of being charred by the eruption of a volcano. Yikes!

Additional Comments:
Writing a detailed review is not an area that I’m comfortable with so please forgive me if they don’t do it justice either in either good or bad. I’m now starting to play other missions other then those with the game. My purpose of posting the review is two fold. Show others that are not experts at the game, (no slight to those who are because they sure have helped me expand my game play enjoyment) and come to the download page looking for a scenario, that missions I’ve played are doable. Secondly who of us don’t enjoy being patted on the back for are efforts!
I’m having this love/hate relationship with Angrod missions!

ivrunafowl
Camila Fox
Rating
Rating: 4.5
Very nice, moderately difficult game. I have played three times, and won each time after the eruption -- so it is definitely possible. I really liked the requests from Caesar, something quite different than what the original game offers.

Additional Comments:

Since the eruption happens at the exact same moment each time for me (I won't say when), I wish there were a little more mystery here for a higher difficulty level, and this is the only reason I don't award five stars. Excellent scenario, thank you Authors!
ChaCal
Rating
Rating: 5
Map very balanced , difficulty 8/10

Additional Comments:
very enjoyable map with a good portion to build in . The time limit makes it exciting and some kind hard , maybe a little random timing at the end would help on the difficulty but still very enjoyable , i loved it.
SailorMars
Rating
Rating: 5
(Insert Rating analysis here)

Additional Comments:
really enjoy it. map is difficult and provides fresh challenge to expert player such as myself. In order to beat the game by the time volcano erupted i really had to push myself outside of my comfort zone in playing this game. i.e. dug myself into debt to quickly expand city. I even replayed the game at hard level to re challenge myself. thanks :)

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:2,476
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:1.85 MB