Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Miscellaneous Files » CityPlanner2008 AutoScenario V2.0

Download File Post Review Post Comment

CityPlanner2008 AutoScenario V2.0

Author File Description
NorWiking This planner was made with Excel2003, and is not tested in other versions of Excel, or other (free) spreadsheet-programs.
Contains macros, so be sure to read the "Readme first" file in the zip-file first!
All original scenarios have been added with all available data for easy start. e.g. All traderoutes with export- / import-amounts, all available resources and all information on requirements to achieve victory.
I hope you will find it useful!

Fixed some major and minor errors.
Read "Readme first" for version history.

V1.2 includes a "How to" sheet on request...

V2.0 (Feb. 01, 2008)
Please see "Readme first" for full version-info.
Many major fixes due to inaccurate original data.
New sheet "At a glance" helps you find discrepancies fast.

NorWiking
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
ivrunafowl Hi NorWiking,

It's appearent that you put alot of time into it.Great work!

Is it possiple to get somesort of tuturial(sp) of how it is used?

Thanks,ivrunafowl.

NorWiking
File Author
By (sp) you don't mean Spanish, I hope? I suppose I could make one in English...
Would that be of any help at all?
The sheet "Help" gives some introduction on how to use the different sheets, and you may always type into any gray cells, and if something is not right, the assorted warnings will show up in red-colored cells.
Let me just say that I normally start by either choosing a scenario, or typing in the export / import figures manually, then I go to the population-sheet and fill in the appropriate amount of houses according to specs. Then I go to the production-sheet and enable / limit the import / export I want, and fill in which raw materials and factories are available. If you then look at the suggestions for import, they should indicate how much of each good you import is needed. REMEMBER: When the import / export limitation is set to "0" on an active trade route (marked by "1"), it means you import / export the full amount. Anyway...this is but indications on how to plan, and will surely not have influence on how the game is played! It might give you some clues, though...on how much you'll have to build, grow, fabricate, import and export. Don't forget the Gods!! Mercury effectively doubles the production of every raw material except timber...and that means a lot of plebs saved!
Use kach's incorporated cityplans to full advantage, just choose one that is closest to your requirements. You will also see that they are very adaptable, and may be built as singles, doubles and also quadruples! All with perfect service-coverage!

NW

[Edited on 01/22/08 @ 11:26 AM]

lstewart4 ON the city plan screen, it will not let me scroll down to see everything on the sheet. how can i see everything?
NorWiking
File Author
This may be caused by the fact that the sheet (and a few of the other sheets as well) is 'frozen' to prevent scrolling, and can be undone by clicking "Window" > "Unfreeze".(Uncertain of the wording in this menu, as my Excel is in Norwegian!)
You can also possibly view all by changing to a larger resolution on your monitor.
Hope this helped!
NorWiking
lstewart4 Thanks, i was able to see it all by zooming out as well.
Respiky i just downloaded excel 2003 and because i am noob,i can see only the introduction of the planner,i gave unfreeze,but when i scroll down i see nothing other

edit:just found the buttons down

[Edited on 12/17/08 @ 11:25 AM]

NorWiking
File Author
So, did you solve the problem? If not, post again, and I'll try to help! And Happy New Year to ye all!!
kaedesilver The buttons on the CityPlan Auto and Double sheets to change the layout are not working for me. I've tried in both openoffice calc and with the excel viewer. Unfroze the windows, even tried setting macro security to low in OO (set back up now). The buttons just aren't doing anything. Any help would be appreciated.
NorWiking
File Author
I am sorry, but I haven't tried either programme for the planner. I have only tested it in Office 2003 where it worked fine! Excelviewer is a very small program, which probably doesn't have support for macro. OpenOffice Calc may work fine, should have the support, but there are obviously issues...anyone else tried?
Sorry I can't be of more help, mate!

NorWiking

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:3,844
Favorites: [Who?]0