Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Modifications » Map Grid

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Map Grid

Author File Description
Gladistir This modification adds grid to terrain for easy city planning.

1. Backup your "/CaesarIV/Data/Graphics/terraintextures" folder.

2. Unzip files to "/CaesarIV/Data/Graphics/terraintextures" folder. Choose "replace all" when asked.

--------------------------
List of modified files:
- C4_Detail_Asia_1.dds
- C4_Detail_Grass_1.dds
- C4_Detail_Mud_1.dds
- C4_Detail_Rock_1.dds
- C4_Detail_Sand_1.dds
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Shawnathon
Rating
Rating: 5
Awesome!

Additional Comments:
This is great - this is something they should have built-in and given the ability to toggle on/off. Thanks for the innovation!
Timelord
Rating
As Shawnathon said, this is a feature that should have shipped with the game (with a toggle switch in the settings). Thanks for taking the time and effort to modify these - will definitely help in planning!
arvalynne I definitely want to download this, but I'm not sure what you mean by (Backup your "/CaesarIV/Data/Graphics/terraintextures" folder). Do you just create a copy of that file?
marxeil "I definitely want to download this, but I'm not sure what you mean by (Backup your "/CaesarIV/Data/Graphics/terraintextures" folder). Do you just create a copy of that file?"

Just zip the 'terraintextures' folder. After that you can install the new textures. If you want to uninstall, delete the modified 'terraintextures' folder and unzip the old one.
selrahcIV help.. i can see data 1 and a data 2 file on the Disk but they are .rar files and it won't let me open them.
bugman1234 I too would like to install the grid mod. But I can not find the yerraintextures file. please help. thanks
Lucius_Superbus Very usefull! Thanks!
FeliciaLevitt I downloaded the file

I backed up my existing terraintextures folder (by copying the folder and renaming it with an "orig" tag so that now I had two identical folders... one named "terraintextures-orig" containing all the original files).

I unzipped the new grid files into the terraintextures folder and replaced the old files (five of them) with the new ones.

When I started up the game, the grid did not show up.

Obviously I did something wrong... but what?

Thanks.

Felicia
kach If your computer is running Vista or Windows 7, and the game is installed in the default folder, then you need administrator permission to replace the old terrain texture files with the new ones. Try opening the zip file and then copying the files to the terrain textures folder.
barry_hoffman
Rating
Same problem as Felicia.

Did exactly the same thing, got the same results. No Grid!

Running Windows 7 64
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:10,230