Dungeon Siege: General Discussions
Moderated by David

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: New Site! .... Siegezone.com
posted 04-17-05 09:30 PM EDT (US)   
Hey all,

I made a DS site that I am looking for some people to help me give it a trial run. It is designed around Calendar Events for Online Games and Clan Hosting.

It is designed to be a place to post to a calendar when you will be playing a game so others can join. It will allow you to say what kind of game and set rules for it like, Mod Free or Mod Game! You can also post info about the game like DS, DSLOA or skill lvl restrictions, map and things of that nature.

The hope is it will give people a chance to find games of the type, style and lvl of play they are looking for and know in advance when the game will be played.

You can also host your own "Private Clan" there. You can setup a private area where only members of your clan can view and make posts.

So heres the deal.

The first say 20 members that join will get a Charter Member Rank!
Admission to the charter members only area!
Members who join via this link will be given an extra 1000 Gold Mana and Health. To get that on your account you must register with this link.
Register at SiegeZone to get charter member rank

You will see how the gold, health and mana work once you get there.
So I am asking for HELP! Help me hunt any bugs before the site goes live! Probably this week sometime, unless you find a lot of bugs.

So if you are up for it, give it a try. I think it could offer a good solution to finding the type of online game you are looking for if it catches on. And a private area if you like to chat with your favorite online players or Clan!

So here it is in a nutshell:

• Register Here!
  • Get Charter Member Rank.

• Get Access to the Charter Member Area!
  • Get 1000 Bonus Gold, Mana & Health
  • Last, but not least! My appreciation for helping test the site.

• Thanks,
    Mental

When I whisper of deep dark space
    Or ponder upon that of the rhyme of time
    I find there is no change in the words of rhyme
    Whereas there is in both space and time
    Replies:
    posted 05-07-05 01:55 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3  
    It took a bit longer then I thought to get this ready, but it is about there.

I only got 2 people to check it out through this post.

Come on over and take a look.

Let me know what you think at any rate. Is it a good idea, does it suck?

I think it really could be a cool thing if people use it.

Game announcements:
    Private Clan Hosting:

Help me make sure it is ready to go.
    This is the only place you can find a link to it at this point.

posted 05-07-05 03:27 PM EDT (US)     2 / 3  
    I tried to send you a personal message at your site but my internet explorer crashed when I hit the "submit"
    button.

I like the clan idea. When do you think I can join a clan and will it be a succes??

posted 05-07-05 06:16 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3  
    I got your message!

I set you up. Pop in and check your message and let me know what you would like to do.

As far as it being a success I guess it all depends on people using it.

The whole concept is pretty unique. The game calendar could be great for meeting up with the people you like to play with. It will be as good as people use it. I am guessing if people like the idea it will pick up alot after DSII is released.

Also a place to host a private clan with very little work could be a nice thing for many people who want a place for their clan to meet and be able to contact each other, leave posts etc...

Browse around, make a post, then if you like it, after one post you can invite friends with the email invite. The more people that use it the better the whole thing will be.

My thinking is between here, ds.heavengames.com and http://www.siegezone.com people will have a pretty well rounded DS experience. David does an excellant job of getting information on the game and getting it to us and if all goes well I can hopefully help people connect for Game Play and Clan Hosting.

Dungeon Siege Heaven » Forums » Dungeon Siege: General Discussions » New Site! .... Siegezone.com
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Dungeon Siege Heaven | HeavenGames