Dungeon Siege II: Broken World
Moderated by David

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Stuck..
posted 08-07-06 05:47 AM EDT (US)   
I managed to solve all pri and sec quests, but this riddle keeps me busy:

Stuck in a dungeon (forest, act 2) where you have to (de)activate several stones to free the emprisoned person in the middle. Solved the first two ones, the third (16 stones) seems impossible. An help?

And anybody who got these crossover codes from Agony (psp)? Seems as we could unlock set items with these...

Thanks!

Replies:
posted 08-10-06 08:33 PM EDT (US)     1 / 9  
Looking at this diagram the reset switch is at the top left of your screen..

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/adehh/solution.jpg

Press each of the switches in the order down the right, took me ages to work this one out and the reward wasn't even that great!

posted 08-15-06 09:31 AM EDT (US)     2 / 9  
I'm a dolt when it comes to these things and can't get the second one...would someone be so kind as to help me with this one?

[This message has been edited by BigBoobies (edited 08-16-2006 @ 11:27 AM).]

posted 08-16-06 02:49 AM EDT (US)     3 / 9  
Thank you, adehh, for your solution to the 16-stone puzzle. Your hard work is much appreciated. But am I missing something? The first one had four stones, the second eight, the third twelve, and, presumably, the fourth sixteen. I was busy applying the solution to the third puzzle, when I ran out of stones, and it was only then (!) that I realized the solution isn't for the third puzzle, but the one that comes next. So after I got suitably frustrated, I decided to give the forum a try. Little help, with the twelve-stone puzzle? I sure would be grateful.

Thank you

posted 08-16-06 07:12 AM EDT (US)     4 / 9  
There is a third puzzle before the 16 stones room ???? I blocked to the second :-0

Is there any logical mecanism with these stones ?

posted 08-16-06 08:58 AM EDT (US)     5 / 9  
I finished the 1st and the 2nd puzzle.Compared with the the 3rd and the 4th puzzle, it's simple.

First time, when I saw the stones, the Lamp-stands, I found if I touch one, it will firmly extinguish several another Lamp-stands. So I have an idea, I must accuratly
know that each Lamp-stand could extinguish how many Lamp-stand, and their position. According to my thought, I draw a picture about the order Lamp-stands extinguished. Such as this:
X
¤ ○

means light, X means extinguishment, ¤ means the extinct one I touched. And before the next one, I used the Angel Statue to reset all the Lamp-stands.

But when I saw the 3rd puzzle, I can't believe what I see, there are too many Lamp-stands to analyse the order. Fortunately I found the answer on Chinese BBS. There's a player who master mathematics, he says he use some mathematical model to solve the problem. Following picture is his research result:

In this picture, you can touch the red ring randomly. All the Lamp-stands will extinct at last. The bottom line is the chamber entrance U step in.

[This message has been edited by Sanctifier (edited 08-16-2006 @ 09:02 AM).]

posted 08-17-06 01:20 AM EDT (US)     6 / 9  
Thank you so much, Sanctifier. And thank the player who worked it out, okay? I like to accomplish all things in these games on my own, if I can, but that puzzle was just too frustrating, and I am most assuredly NOT a master of mathematics

Now, back to DSIIBW...

posted 08-17-06 02:42 AM EDT (US)     7 / 9  
You are welcome, Centime. I like to share.
posted 08-18-06 02:42 AM EDT (US)     8 / 9  

Quote:

took me ages to work this one out and the reward wasn't even that great!

I recently finished this quest... and laughed my butt off when I saw the helm that was the reward. I'm afraid you've been victim to a cruel joke.

In the original DS, there was a place in the UP's Redwood Gap known as the Pit of Despair. It was an unending maze. The reward at the end was a weak Sightless Helm that looked something like a paper bag...

The Pit of Despair has apparently undergone a second iteration.

And yes, the Unknown Comic thing and all (maybe the Sightless Helm was actually the first reference). But the difficulty of this puzzle mixed with the nature of the reward also suggests the old Pit of Despair.

Cobra the Mediocre
SteadilY working up to Average
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.
(Age of Kings Heaven) (The Renegades)

[This message has been edited by Cobra the Mediocre (edited 08-19-2006 @ 04:32 AM).]

posted 08-19-06 00:10 AM EDT (US)     9 / 9  
Cobra, the helm at the end of the light-stone puzzle is a nod to the Unknown Comic. Am I showing my age, or does anyone else remember him? He was a comic from way back in the '70's that wore a paper bag with eye holes over his head...
Dungeon Siege Heaven » Forums » Dungeon Siege II: Broken World » Stuck..
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Dungeon Siege Heaven | HeavenGames