Strategy
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, The Mace, Echuu, Kongou Dess, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Strategy Archive
posted 02-18-06 08:18 PM EDT (US)   
EaW Strategy Archive

Since our Almighty Admin has deigned not to provide a section of the forum to this topic, we'll have to make do with a couple of threads. To that point, I have started writing a list of various strategies and tactics. Some I've used, some have been used against me, some I've pulled out of my back end, but all have their uses and flaws; and so far I've come up with them all on my own. Aren't I a big boy? Anyways, if someone wants to contribute, I'll add just about anything that can be came up with, and include credit where due.

Space Strategies:
Little Bit of Everything - The usual technique. Build a couple of every unit you have available, and send them against the enemy fleet. For the most part, the ships are capable of picking out the unit they can do the most damage against, but the AI does have it's flaws. You're better off to micromanage and choose the targets for your ships, for maximum efficiency. The disadvantage of this is that while you're equiped with a couple counters for everything, all it takes is a co-ordinated effort against these units, and you suddenly have a gaping vulnerability in your fleet just waiting to be exploited.

Fighter Swarm - Pretty self explanatory. Build as many starfighters and bombers as you possibly can, and attack with a huge group of them. It should be fairly simple to overwhelm light and medium defenses, as long as you keep the fighters together. It falls flat though if you let your fighters spread out and get picked off squadron by squadron, or run into a heavily defended sector. Or a big group of Tartan Patrol Craft/Corellian Corvettes.

Artillery Barrage - Also fairly obvious. Build as many Broadside Cruisers/Marauder Missile Cruisers as you can, give them some light support from fighters and heavy capital ships, and use them as a slow moving group of death. These missile cruisers are particularily effective against fighter groups, light warships, and entrenched defenses, but they tend to come up lacking if you're up against heavy warships.

Corellian Run - This one is interesting. What you do is build a large fleet composed of Corellian Corvettes and Gunships. The rapid-fire lasers of the Corvettes work well to counter fighters, and the torpedoes fielded by the Gunships work well against bigger targets. On top of all that, this particular mix of ships is fast enough to be able to outmanoevre and run away from anything to big to be able to take to. Depending on your personal preferences, you may wish to provide some heavier warships to provide a safe haven that your strike force can run back to if they're outmatched.

Bomber Trap - This can be entertaining to use against human opponents. Build several capital ships, and a number of Corvettes/Tartans. As soon as your enemy brings his bombers forwards to take out your capital ships, bring the Corvettes/Tartans forwards, and watch the bombers gets shredded. This tends to work better against Rebel opponents, as Imperial fighters can just respawn from the cruisers. This is certainly an entertaining tactic, though after a couple uses your opponent will be quick to figure it out and counter with his own heavies.
durecellrabbit's note to this:

Quoted from durecellrabbit:

Tartan Patrol Craft and Corellian Corvettes seem to be doing very well. They easily defeat smaller crafts so you don't need to worry about bombers taking out your bigger ships. Group them with capital ship and send them off to slug it out it the enemy space station, while your TPC/CC take out bombers and fighters. You might want to add in bombers to take out hard points on the space station but as they can be killed easily, this works best for the Imperials who can spawn TIE bombers. You've covered this in a few of your space tactic but I thought I mgiht expand in them a bit.

Ackbar Slash - This move should be familiar to those who are into the EU in a big way. The priciple of this tactic is to have your capital ships patrol back and forth through the enemy fleet. While this means that your ships are more exposed to enemy fire, and tend to lack the bonuses of co-ordinated fire, it also means that weapons banks on both sides of your capital ship will be used, that any misses by the enemy ships have a good chance of hitting their own units, and that your ships have a chance to recharge their shields between passes. Definately more useful for rebel players, who's cruisers have the ability to quickly recharge their shields between passes, allowing them to come back fresh to a group of damaged foes.

Poor Mans Navy - If your low on cash, and your imp, never build fighters, only EVER build acclamators (unless your against mon cal ships then your screwed either way) or the most expensive ISD you can afford, they make their own fighters for free, so you save some money and it makes its own little fighting force, also keep some tartans around for good measure.

Hit and Run - quite common for the rebels but also possible for the imps, I shall add more later once Ive figured this out. It kinda works well with lots of tartans and 2 acclamators, that way you have a semi fast fleet that does decent damage, that way if the rebs have tons of mon cal cruisers, you have a more of a chance then an all out assault, (tryed the all out assault on 2 mon cal cruiser *battle of Mon Cal* using 2 victories 5 acclamators and still lost, they took out all of my ships with only having one of their ships with yellow damaged systems).

Outgunned(Or are you?) - If you are assaulted by a fleet much larger than your's but has only small amount of hard hitters mixed with a few frigates and tons of corvettes. When they come in send your biggest ship against theier largest while your medium ships concentrate on the smaller(Corvettes), send the bombers after the Frigates and Fighters + corvettes after fighters. When one chain is destroyed move it up to the next.

Falcon Assault - Get Han and Chewie backed up with a few Y-wings. Tell the Y-wings to bomb the space station and/or ISDs, and tell the Falcon to protect them from too much harm. After the Y-wings have gone, lure the units out seperatly with the Falcan and destroy indervidually.

Quoted from Rebel Space Skirmish Strategy - durecellrabbit:

Tech Level 1:

Get your free x-wings to go and capture the mining asteriods. Send only one to each close one and groups to the centre ones, also try and get the pirate base.

Build Corellian Corvettes. These should be the backbone of your fleet until you reach tech level 3. They kill enemy TIEs quickly, and I suspect will get weakend in a later patch, the also do quite well against lager ships. Remember to use their special if you need to retreat.

Build one or two Nebulon B Frigates. They are not as useful as Corellian Corvettes but do well against Tartan Patrol Cruisers, if your enemy does not have they you'll have a easier time. They can also be used against Acclamator Cruisers.

Tech Level 2:

You now have access to Corellian Gunships. I don't recommend building large amounts of them but they are a good replacement for your Nebulon Bs.

Be wary of Victory Class Star Destoyers at this stage. The only good counter you have agianst them is y-wings but you should be careful of using them if your enemy has Tartan Patrol Cruisers.

Tech Level 3:

Now you have the Assualt Frigate. Build them. Combined with Corvettes, this is a hard combo to stop. Your Corvettes can take out starfighter and your Frigates, anything bigger. Just be sure to get Mon Calamari Cruiser ebfore they get Imperial Star Destroyers.

Tech Level 4:

Build Mon Calamari Cruiser. They are the top of the food chain and your Corvettes will protect them from TIE Bombers. Just remember that Star Destroyers can win a slugging match if given a numerical advantage or help from or ship like TIE Bombers. This applies to all big ship fights as well.

General Advice:

If sharing a base with another player, one of you should always be advancing a tech level.

Don't forget your unit counters, your enemy might decide to use a intresting combo.

Mining researchs are important for getting as much cash as possible.

Captain Antilles and Commander Ackbar are your best heros. Thats not to say the Millennium Falcon or Red Squadron don't have their uses.

You are vunerable in the early stages of the game to Accalamators and Victory class Star Destroyers. Nebulon Bs and Gunships do well against Accalmators and given large enough numbers can take on Victory Star Destroyers. It's best to get Assualt Frigates before they can get enough of them to be effective. Victory Star Destroyers do seem slightly weak though.

edit: If your enemy does not have many Tartan Patrol Cruisers, use Y-Wings, in large amounts. They can still still be killed quite easily though but are good for a one hit hard point kill. Red Squadron can be used to the same effect.

Land Strategies:
Little Bit of Everything - Not so effective in land based combat as it is in space based combat, as it seems that a greater ability at micromanaging is needed to keep from getting it handed to you. The princaple is the same though. Build a little bit of everything, and send them in against the enemy. Assuming they're doing the same thing, you have about a 50/50 chance of winning, which could change either way depending on respective micro skills.

Infantry Horde - This is an interesting tequenique. Simply put, you build a huge horde of infantry, deploy them to the planet, order them to spread out, and have themslowly march to glorious battle. Given how infantry work, they can actually last quite a while, as enemies would have to kill them one by one in each unit. Unless, of course, they decide to use the simple expediante of driving/walking their armour units over your infantry. So as long as the enemy does not decide to simply run your boys down, you should do well. If he does so decide though, then you'd better have the troops in the reinforcement pool for a strategy that doesn't involve everyone getting run over.
durecellrabbit's note on this:

Quoted from durecellrabbit:

The infantry horde tactic is farly useless. TIE Maulers kill infantry so quickly, you're going to tave to have loads of Plex troopers to kill them all first, which means to have less normal trooper and will be vunerable to Stormtroopers unless you have Infiltrators, who are hard to mass. And watch out for Darth Vader. Not that this matters as your enemy has probably built loads of AT-ATs. In the game I played online, my opponent let me run over his Stormtroopers with T4-B tanks .

Artillery Push - This is a tactic that has been used across RTS games too numerous to mention. What you do is create a number of artillery units, in several different groups. Have them leapfrog across the map, moving them one group at a time, the group in the back of the unit to the front, while the others sit their and cover the moving unit. This tactic is much less effective when an energy shield is present, and it is generally wise to include some support units in the package to deal with enemy speeder bikes/air speeders, who can generally make short work of any field artillery.

Rolling Thunder - This tactic is akin to that used by modern armour units today. Build a mix of T2-Bs and T4-Bs, or Tie Maulers and 2-Ms if you're Imperial, and rush across the terrain dominating the enemy, while avoiding units too big to take down and running over any infantry that get in the way. As long as you make a point of pulling back the shielded tanks when their shields run low (or just charging and self-destructing with the TIE Maulers) you should be able to get a lot of mileage out of one tank formation. Support artillery is optional, depending how how fast your formation is moving across the map.

MechAssault - Similar to Rolling Thunder, but using walkers, thus meaning this is an Empire-only solution to the rebel scum. Use a mix of AT-STs (to squish infantry) and AT-ATs (to squish everything else) to march over (sometimes literally) enemies. AT-AAs to deal with Airspeeders are option, but highly recomended. SPMA-Ts are also option, and recomended to deal with MPLT-2As, and other things you don't want to risk getting the AT-ATs in range of, though there's not many of those.

Air Raids - A fairly self explanatory strategy. Be a rebel, and build a couple platoons of airspeeders. Use them to harass Imperial ground troops, and scout out defenses. Particularily AA defenses, as those are things to avoid. While they don't do a huge amount of damage, the fact that they take special units to counter means that most Imperial player's won't attempt to counter them at first, which means you could catch him by surprise, and do some serious damage to his ground defenses and structures before he wipes out your air wing. At that point, he'll have hopefully devoted a substantial portion of his units to AA purposes, which means you can switch to a ground-based attack strategy, catching him by surprise yet again, and doing even more damage to his ground defenses. Be sure to try it several times as the enemy aid defenses keep getting wiped out, for maximum effect. And maybe the odd bomber run, if you can, to emphasize your point.

MechAssault2 - this works well for the begining of the empire campain, build 4 to 6 atst and 2 to 4 platoons of stormis and darth vader, use the stormis and darth to take out any plx soldiers and then use the atsts and darth for destroying enemy tanks and vehicles, Darths vehicle crush ability is exellent, then for buildings use the atsts while Darth and the stormis fend of the defenders, also make sure to make a vehicle repair and bacta some point on the map incase you dont have any reinforce. Oh and bombing runs work wonders.

Credits:

MechAssault2, Poor Man's Navy, and Hit and Run courtesy of furryrodian.
Outgunned courtesy of Admiral Sith.
Note on tactics and Rebel Space Skirmish Strategy couresty of durecellrabbit.
Falcon Assault courtesy of EnemyofJupitor.

I seem to have outdone myself. Pray, Mighty Mods and Almighty Admin, do tell if you find this humble thread worthy of a sticky; and if you should so find this thread, please do me the honour of stickying it. I have come to accept the fact that you won't create a strategy section for me to play in, but will this humble offering appease you?

I'm Your Daddy
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.
Can't believe on back on this damned site again.

[This message has been edited by watchwood (edited 02-19-2006 @ 05:34 PM).]

Replies:
posted 02-18-06 11:02 PM EDT (US)     1 / 19  
lol, sticky begging, well, to me it seems worthy :P but thats me, any way, these tactics do work fairly well, but I would recommend adding a couple,

1) Land tactic

MechAssault2- this works well for the begining of the empire campain, build 4 to 6 atst and 2 to 4 platoons of stormis and darth vader, use the stormis and darth to take out any plx soldiers and then use the atsts and darth for destroying enemy tanks and vehicles, Darths vehicle crush ability is exellent, then for buildings use the atsts while Darth and the stormis fend of the defenders, also make sure to make a vehicle repair and bacta some point on the map incase you dont have any reinforce. Oh and bombing runs work wonders.

2) Space tactic

Poor mans navy- If your low on cash, and your imp, never build fighters, only EVER build acclamators (unless your against mon cal ships then your screwed either way) or the most expensive ISD you can afford, they make their own fighters for free, so you save some money and it makes its own little fighting force, also keep some tartans around for good measure.

Hit and run- quite common for the rebels but also possible for the imps, I shall add more later once Ive figured this out. It kinda works well with lots of tartans and 2 acclamators, that way you have a semi fast fleet that does decent damage, that way if the rebs have tons of mon cal cruisers, you have a more of a chance then an all out assault, (tryed the all out assault on 2 mon cal cruiser *battle of Mon Cal* using 2 victories 5 acclamators and still lost, they took out all of my ships with only having one of their ships with yellow damaged systems).

Hope those were semi helpful, feel free to add them on.

Oh and what is a good way to beat the space battle of mon cal?

HEAD OF DEFENSE
FURRYRODIAN
: State of Scarlet : Projects : Movie-Battles :
" Intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."
- War of the Worlds

posted 02-19-06 01:53 AM EDT (US)     2 / 19  
People say this game is not strategic, but you have to disagree with them. With the proper tactics i beat

24 Nebulon Bs, 48 Corvettes, 24 Gunships, 9 Xwings, 16 Ywings, and 3 Assault Frigate MKII, with 2 VSDs, 6 Acclamators, 3 Broadsides, and 8 Tartans and only lost the Broads and Tartans. They were in three different waves though. I also beat the Mon Calamari mission for the Empire Campaign with a VSD and 2 or 3 Acclamators.

Space tactic

Outgunned(Or are you?)- If you are assaulted by a fleet much larger than your's but has only small amount of hard hitters mixed with a few frigates and tons of corvettes. When they come in send your biggest ship against theier largest while your medium ships concentrate on the smaller(Corvettes), send the bombers after the Frigates and Fighters + corvettes after fighters. When one chain is destroyed move it up to the next.

If you aren't a Christian and are ashamed of them put this in your signature.

[This message has been edited by Admiral Sith (edited 02-19-2006 @ 01:55 AM).]

posted 02-19-06 07:28 AM EDT (US)     3 / 19  
Thats a good guide you have going there! Theres currently A strategy section on the main site, or at least there will be when we get guides, so perhaps contact a member of staff via MSN for it to go up there? It's worth a shot

B L O O D P H O E N I X
Lurking at HG since 2004
posted 02-19-06 07:46 AM EDT (US)     4 / 19  
Tartan Patrol Craft and Corellian Corvettes seem to be doing very well. They easily defeat smaller crafts so you don't need to worry about bombers taking out your bigger ships. Group them with capital ship and send them off to slug it out it the enemy space station, while your TPC/CC take out bombers and fighters. You might want to add in bombers to take out hard points on the space station but as they can be killed easily, this works best for the Imperials who can spawn TIE bombers. You've covered this in a few of your space tactic but I thought I mgiht expand in them a bit.

The infantry horde tactic is farly useless. TIE Maulers kill infantry so quickly, you're going to tave to have loads of Plex troopers to kill them all first, which means to have less normal trooper and will be vunerable to Stormtroopers unless you have Infiltrators, who are hard to mass. And watch out for Darth Vader. Not that this matters as your enemy has probably built loads of AT-ATs. In the game I played online, my opponent let me run over his Stormtroopers with T4-B tanks .

posted 02-19-06 01:49 PM EDT (US)     5 / 19  
Looks good. I'll remember this when I get the game (probebly next Saterday) and add some of my own.

Space-
Falcan assult- Get han and Chewie backed up with a few Y-wings. Tell the Y-wings to bomb the space station and/or ISDs, and tell the Falcon to protect them from too much harm. After the Y-wings have gone, lure the units out seperatly with the Falcan and destroy indervidually.

Fairly obvius, but hey.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
posted 02-19-06 04:37 PM EDT (US)     6 / 19  
Rebel Space Skirmish Strategy

This is based on a few games I've played, watchwood's guide and things I read on the LucasArts furom, sorry don't remember who. It is also a expansion of my eariler post. If someone has posted something like this already, sorry, I don't check all the EAW forums.

Space Station Level 1:

Get your free x-wings to go and capture the mining asteriods. Send only one to each close one and groups to the centre ones, also try and get the pirate base.

Build Corellian Corvettes. You only need two to start off with. Drop them at mining platform if the Empire try to take it from you with Tartans or lots of TIE Fighters. They kill enemy TIEs quickly, and I suspect will get weakend in a later patch, the also do quite well against lager ships. Remember to use their special if you need to retreat.

Once you have 2 Corvettes and as much mining posts as you can get i.e. The ones on your side plus the center ones (If you win the fight there) Save up for level 2.

Space Station Level 2:

Build one or two Nebulon B Frigates. There are two uses for them, The first is to kill the enemy Acclamators and Tartans. The second is, if you think you can pull it off, to attack the Empire Space Station.

If you don't attack, and destroy, the Empire Space Station you should rush to level 5. The Empire will be trying to go for level 4, the only level where they have a advantage over you.

Space Station Level 3

You now have access to Corellian Gunships. I personaly don't like them. They are just Corvettes with missiles and Corvettes perform they goal fine (Taking out fighters/bombers). I use other ships for fighting Capital ships.

The ion cannon is avaliable now. You should alway have one ready or being built if you can afford it.

The Sundered Heart is a good hero but it's unlikely you have time to build him now.

Space Station Level 4:

Now you have the Assualt Frigate. They are good but unfortunetly you want to get to level 5 now. Only build them if the enemy is attacking and you need some defence.

Space Station level 5:

Build Mon Calamari Cruiser, Home one should be first. They are the top of the food chain and your Corvettes will protect them from TIE Bombers. Just remember that Star Destroyers can win a slugging match if given a numerical advantage or help from or ship like TIE Bombers. This applies to all big ship fights as well.

General Advice:

If sharing a base with another player, one of you should always be advancing a tech level.

Don't forget your unit counters, your enemy might decide to use a intresting combo.

Mining researchs are important for getting as much cash as possible.

Captain Antilles and Commander Ackbar are your best heros. Thats not to say the Millennium Falcon is useless, I've lost a game because a they opponent was prepared to micro it for 6 hours to win (I went to bed). Red Squadron is too vunerable to Tartans to a good hero at the moment.

Keep your ships in Reserve. Only deploy them at the outside of a fight otherwise they take forever to get anywhere and use can waste pop if you never get into a fight until they are obsolete.

At level 4 the Empire get Victory Class Star Destroyer. While I still feel they are slightly underpowered for their cost, there is not the big gap between them and Assualt Frigates as there is between Acclamators and Nebulon Bs. A good player can be dangerous as the Empire in this stage but remember he has to live to get the level 4 frist.

edit: If your enemy does not have many Tartan Patrol Cruisers, use Y-Wings, in large amounts. They can still still be killed quite easily though but are good for a one hit hard point kill. Red Squadron can be used to the same effect.

I've played more space games now. While I'm not a top level player, and probably never will be as I don't micro well, I think that what I'vwe written is fairly accurate. As always I'd like to see your opinion on this.

[This message has been edited by durecellrabbit (edited 02-25-2006 @ 09:04 AM).]

posted 02-19-06 05:35 PM EDT (US)     7 / 19  
I have added just about all of them up there. I should point out now that I won't be adding duplicates of a tactic that's already there, just notes pertaining to it. And please let me know if I've missed giving credit somewhere.

I'm Your Daddy
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.
posted 02-19-06 06:32 PM EDT (US)     8 / 19  
Hey, I just want to say that this is an excellent thread. Keep up the good work. If it ever sinks too far I'll sticky it.
posted 02-19-06 08:58 PM EDT (US)     9 / 19  
AoErat, you are now my new favorite Seraph.

I'm Your Daddy
posted 02-20-06 00:41 AM EDT (US)     10 / 19  
In a space battle, always send your bombers out to take out the shield generator on the Space Station, especially if you are Empire cause you don't have to worry about the losses. The bombs will ignore the shields and hit the generator. When the generator is down, send in your heavier ships and just lay waist. Don't let your ships get close to the station before the shields are down, especially if the station is level 3 or higher, cause they will get shredded by the stations guns.

Lord Revan

Anime Nerd

And

Sith Lord
posted 02-24-06 10:17 PM EDT (US)     11 / 19  
My space stategy is not so good anymore plus I've got the tech level wrong. I'll redo them sometime.

edit: Ok I've redone my Space Strategy. I'd do a land one as well but AoErat's T2-B rush works fine.

[This message has been edited by durecellrabbit (edited 02-25-2006 @ 09:07 AM).]

posted 02-25-06 01:41 PM EDT (US)     12 / 19  

Quote:

Ackbar Slash - This move should be familiar to those who are into the EU in a big way. The priciple of this tactic is to have your capital ships patrol back and forth through the enemy fleet. While this means that your ships are more exposed to enemy fire, and tend to lack the bonuses of co-ordinated fire, it also means that weapons banks on both sides of your capital ship will be used, that any misses by the enemy ships have a good chance of hitting their own units, and that your ships have a chance to recharge their shields between passes. Definately more useful for rebel players, who's cruisers have the ability to quickly recharge their shields between passes, allowing them to come back fresh to a group of damaged foes.

While this worked excellently in the EU, I'm curious about its uses in EAW; I'm pretty sure there's no hard-coding for friendly fire between spaceships.

That being said, this works best against slow moving targets like ISD's, using your faster craft. I've found Corellian Gunships and Corellian Corvettes work nicely for this. Send them straight through, using their special ability if necessary to avoid fire and get out of there if they're taking too much damage. The benefit of using Corvs and Guns for this is twofold: 1) Imperial craft spawning their own Ties, means the player isn't always micro-managing those Ties as soon as they emerge, giving you the perfect chance to eliminate their ties in one or two passes before they stand much of a chance of rallying them away. 2) Gunships may not cause a lot of damage to capships, but they do cause some; so target the shield generators or hangers as you pass. The aim of this is to eliminate all their fighters, without which ISD's can be slowly whittled down by even the smallest of forces, so long as those forces can hit and run repeatedly.

"we have an agenda, a character assassination agenda, assassinating characters is what we do for a living" - Sukkit
posted 02-25-06 03:45 PM EDT (US)     13 / 19  
Moved to Strategy Forum.
posted 02-25-06 07:29 PM EDT (US)     14 / 19  
Personally I prefer to just build a crapload of Victories and rush them. Acclamators are too weak IMO
posted 02-25-06 08:36 PM EDT (US)     15 / 19  
This is in regards to playing humans. A good tactic is to know when and where to jump your ships from hyperspace. A nice tactic I use when attacking a space station is to have a diversion of a few capital or frigates attack one side of the station. Then, opponets usually send most of their fleet to confront this threat. Then I try to send a fighter or corvette/crusier to the undefended side of the station and send the main part of the fleet especially Y-wings if your Rebs. Sometimes it doesnt work if your opponet didnt jump all of his fleet to your diversion fleet.

A strat I see that most people do is sneak a fighter or ship near the enemy space station and jump most of their fleet there while theres a heated battle over a mine.

Also, in battles over mines with acclamators and other frigate/capital ships, be a little patient and wait for his ships to line up to fire, then jump a sizeable force of space to their backs and attack them from the rear. Usually their laser and missles can't attack you until they rotate to confront this new threat. So a little patience goes a long way. I dont know how to control the direction of your ships when they jump out of hyperspace. Until I find how to, I just jump out of the line of sight behind their fleet so they have enough time to come about without being detected.

In regards to how much of your fleet to jump, sometimes it's best to jump all your ships as soon as you can so you gain the firepower advantage which = destroy the enemy faster and reduces your losses. But sometimes its good to withhold a capital ship or two to see where your opponet jumps his ships to respond appropiately. I think you just got to play every battle by ear. I dunno, what are everyone's thoughts?

Edit: Sorry I like edited this like 7 times

[This message has been edited by Wallpits (edited 02-25-2006 @ 11:15 PM).]

posted 02-26-06 08:56 AM EDT (US)     16 / 19  

Quote:

I dunno, what are everyone's thoughts?

I've been beaten by tactic like this before. I find it hard to stop as most of my fleet is often Nebulon Bs/Acclamators. I also find most people who use it try to rush to level 5 and get ISD/Mon Cals. I thik the trick would be to become far for aggressive. Once you have capture the mines and beaten the fleet they sent for the mines, take the fight to them. Rememebr to destroy all their mines first as you can't stop making ships to tech up, you don't want them to do that and afford ships.

I don't think you can change the direction ships come out at yourself. I try moving the shadow around until it faces the way I want it, I think it has something to do with closest map edge.

posted 02-26-06 12:25 PM EDT (US)     17 / 19  
Personally i attack space stations with 2 Victorys, 1 Tartan, and as many TIE Bombers as i can get. Or the equivilant for the Rebels. You may lose a couple but if you continue building them constantly you will easily win.

If you aren't a Christian and are ashamed of them put this in your signature.
posted 02-26-06 04:27 PM EDT (US)     18 / 19  
Hey look, I've got a whole forum section to myself. *is honoured*

I realize that I'm falling behind on the additions, but if this thread continues to grow at anything approaching the rate that it's been growing at, it'll soon have a huge topic thread. I'm currently thinking about how the different tactics and whatnot are organized, for optimum efficiency. I'm open to suggestions, if anyone has one.

I'm Your Daddy
posted 02-26-06 08:25 PM EDT (US)     19 / 19  
I got one: Use what you got
(More effective on rebels)
When you're low on resources, but have at least 1 Mon Cal. cruiser or ISD, but not enough for atleast a CC or a TPC, make about 12 Tie Scout Squadrons or 9 Z-95 Squadrons and 8 Y-Wing Squadrons.Then when you fight a invading force with 2 capital ships or more with around 3 frigates, send all Y-Wings (Or half Tie Scouts) to one, and all Z-95s (Or other half of Tie Scouts) to another.Then send your ISD or Mon Cal. or Home 1 or Tarkin or Piett to the one thats getting attacked by fighters (Z-95s or any with Tie Scouts or if there is another) to their capital ship.Keep taking their capital ships out 1 by 1, and send about 4-6 squadrons of
Z-95s or Tie Scouts to take out the CCs, or Victory-2s, or TPCs, or Nebulon-Bs, or Acclamators, or Assault MK-IIs one by one.They should crumble little by little.

Note:I did this as Rebels with the Home 1 and they excat amount of ships a said above.I never did it as Imperials.

Star Wars: Empire at War Heaven » Forums » Strategy » Strategy Archive
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Star Wars: Empire at War Heaven | HeavenGames