You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, The Mace, Echuu, Kongou Dess, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Recommended Construction?
posted 03-10-06 12:28 PM EDT (US)   
Hey,

I was just wondering where is the best place to build your basses while using the Imperials.

I know they have shipyards in Kuat and Fondor, however I'm not sure where their land basses and such go.

Thanks in advance.

Replies:
posted 03-10-06 01:34 PM EDT (US)     1 / 10  
Planets with lots of building slots are always good choices, as you can put more on them (either factories, defenses, or both). Also, it's generally a good idea to try to take planets that provide bonuses to units that you often use. Personally, I tend to use Corascant as my primary location for troop production, and R&D. Really though, it's all up to personal preference.

I'm Your Daddy
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.
Can't believe on back on this damned site again.
posted 03-10-06 01:39 PM EDT (US)     2 / 10  
Doesn't Alderann have about 7 build slots, too?

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
posted 03-10-06 02:01 PM EDT (US)     3 / 10  
Something like that. It's another planet I make heavy use of, depending on the map and if it's on a hyperspace route.

That's my other consideration. I like to use planets that are on large hyperspace routes, so I can move troops around faster after building them.

I'm Your Daddy
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.
Can't believe on back on this damned site again.
posted 03-11-06 04:00 AM EDT (US)     4 / 10  
I prefer to use one planet for troops, one for each factory kind, and one for officers. The rest I mostly build mines, and sometimes Ion Cannons or hypervelocity guns on Kuat, Fondor etc. on Coruscant I prefer to build mines for the high credit value.

"One day, my quotes will stand in signatures"
Sjonnie

Quod licet Iovi non licet bovi

posted 03-13-06 09:14 AM EDT (US)     5 / 10  
build space bases everywhere. you need the extra help in space battles and you get more population when you build space bases.
posted 05-09-06 08:58 PM EDT (US)     6 / 10  
Geonosis:
Has something around eight build slots. Should be one of your primary factory and mining bases.

Thyferra:
Has a very high credit income and is very remote. Build nothing but Mining Facilities there.

Coruscant:
Has a very high credit income. However, do not fill all of the build slots with Mining Facilities, because it is easliy accesible by the Rebels (believe me, I've had it stolen right out from under me). Build Troop centers and Heavy Factories there, as well as a Hypervelocity Gun and a Space Station.

Bespin:
Has a high credit income but no land map, so building Mining Facilities is out of the question. You'll just have to make do with it's normal income.

Nal Hutta:
Credit income fluctuates because of black market influences. Build Troop Centers and Mining Facilities there.

Polus:
Like Thyferra, it has a high credit income and is almost as remote. Build one Troop Center and fill the rest of the build slots with Mining Facilities.

Kessel:
Has a high credit income, but is in the eastern side of the galaxy. Build a Mining Facility, a Troop Center, and a Light Factory. Also, it only has three build slots, so you'll have to manage it wisely.

Kuat:
Cuts Imperial Star Destroyer costs by 20%. Also makes capital ship production time a bit shorter.

Bondan:
High credit value, but is usually in the Rebel's territory.

Anaxes:
Cuts Victory Star Destroyer costs by 20%.

Azterri:
Credit income fluctuates because of black market influences. Build Mining Facilities and Troop Centers there.

Aeten II:
High credit value.

posted 05-10-06 01:08 PM EDT (US)     7 / 10  
Vargesso Asteroids: More powerful fighters for the Rebellion is a boon.

Kessel: Large credit income, makes a good outpost to snag while heading for bigger targets.

posted 05-15-06 07:11 PM EDT (US)     8 / 10  
Cheapy, Kessel has 2 lan build spots, and can get upto a level 3 space station.

Normality is a myth, made up by people who are afraid of who they really are.~~~kypjargon
Winner of the Moff Award for Insight That Will Likely Get the Wearer Shot One Day
Dedicated RPer
posted 05-15-06 11:57 PM EDT (US)     9 / 10  
Really? When I played campaign as the Rebels it had three build slots for land...

[This message has been edited by Cheapy the Hutt (edited 05-15-2006 @ 11:58 PM).]

posted 05-16-06 09:38 PM EDT (US)     10 / 10  
No its two, always.

Normality is a myth, made up by people who are afraid of who they really are.~~~kypjargon
Winner of the Moff Award for Insight That Will Likely Get the Wearer Shot One Day
Dedicated RPer
Star Wars: Empire at War Heaven » Forums » Strategy » Recommended Construction?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Star Wars: Empire at War Heaven | HeavenGames