Moderated by Crazed Ewok, The Mace, Echuu, Kongou Dess, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: EaWH Forum Party - Feb 24th, 2006
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 02-21-06 00:32 AM EDT (US)   

EAWH Forum Party - Feb 24th, 2006

Hello all! We, the staff of Empire at War Heaven, are happy to announce that our first Forum Party will be hosted Friday night, February 24th!

The time it will be hosted is:
6 PM to 11 PM EST
5 PM to 10 PM CST
4 PM to 9 PM MST
3 PM to 8 PM PST
11 PM to 4 AM GMT
Other timezones

Games that participate in the Forum Party should be prefixed with [EAWH] and should have the password of "discodarth" without the quotation marks. All games should be hosted in the General channel of the "Internet" option from EAW's multiplayer menu.

For those of you that have never participated in a Forum Party, I'll give a little information. It is a specific time and place that members of a forum decide to all play a game together. They're very fun and it's a good way to get to know people. Anyone that wants to join and is from EAWH is welcome to. All games that are involved in the forum party will have the prefix and password I listed above.

I hope all of you will attend this very important milestone!

C hairman of the FMT, Mectator, and Seraph
r esident of Unity RPG, Anti-Heroes, and Indolents
a seraph at SWGBH and EAWH
z apping spammers and stealing their shoes
e w o k "Don't waste your breath trying to figure out my logic" - Seacker
d ependent on daily tea infusions
Replies:
posted 02-21-06 01:47 AM EDT (US)     1 / 72  
I'll be there. Show up and you get to destroy me in EAW.
posted 02-21-06 01:58 AM EDT (US)     2 / 72  
praise you crazed ewok! thank you for making it on a friday! yeah, Ill do my best to be there

oh and happy jangop day.

HEAD OF DEFENSE
FURRYRODIAN
: State of Scarlet : Projects : Movie-Battles :
" Intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."
- War of the Worlds

[This message has been edited by furryrodian (edited 02-21-2006 @ 01:58 AM).]

posted 02-21-06 02:08 AM EDT (US)     3 / 72  
Sound fun, if we don't take the whole 5 hours to get a game working. Is it possible to create a EAWH chat room, like in aoe3?
posted 02-21-06 02:09 AM EDT (US)     4 / 72  
If they had a section named EAWH maybe, ill be there if i can.

If you aren't a Christian and are ashamed of them put this in your signature.
posted 02-21-06 05:21 AM EDT (US)     5 / 72  
Pretty crap for us EU people thou
posted 02-21-06 10:11 AM EDT (US)     6 / 72  
Uhh...you guys know the password on the main site is different from the one in the main post?

I will open one of my six mouths, and I will sing the song that ends the Earth.
I love you in a totally platonic way Xaph - Jon Rolos | Xaph does mutha****in' win the thread. - Anakin
Xaph, I wish you were my friend IRL - Boba Fettucini
Well I think it's obvious why Peter Noone would care about Xaph - Newt_Gunray
Xaph is suddenly full of win! - Zaarin | Xaph, how often do you win threads? Because you just won this one - Catabre
posted 02-21-06 10:37 AM EDT (US)     7 / 72  
I tried to join a few multiplayer games last night . . . to no avail. When it tries to connect, nothing ever happens, and eventually the host leaves. Does this mean that somebody has a firewall? (One game had six people - it said that I had connected to two of them, and then nothing.) My firewall is disabled, as far as I can tell.

The multiplayer option seems to need some work, in general. :/

posted 02-21-06 11:06 AM EDT (US)     8 / 72  
Awesome!

If my game gets here by then I'm SO game for this.

Zerok Lau
posted 02-21-06 11:57 AM EDT (US)     9 / 72  
I'll try to be there if possible! I love gaming with other HGers, its so much more refined

B L O O D P H O E N I X
Lurking at HG since 2004
posted 02-21-06 12:25 PM EDT (US)     10 / 72  
Oh man! Sorry about that, Xaph, I didn't catch it. I'll fix the news;

the password will be the one listed in the topic post.

Also, I realize it's pretty bad for European guys, but hopefully next week we'll be able to have it at two different times.

posted 02-21-06 12:28 PM EDT (US)     11 / 72  
I knew it! It's an american uprising! Well I'm Canadian... Honest.

🚂🚂🚂
posted 02-21-06 01:19 PM EDT (US)     12 / 72  
Hello all,

To answer Vuredel's question, I find that if there is more than 2 human players in one game (only tried space skirmish games online so far) then it does exactly what you said. With just 2 people, whether it's 1v1 or 2vAI then it should be fine, maybe people can post there outcomes with this?

While I'm here, sorry if this is the wrong topic to post it in, but I have a problem that maybe you could help me with. On multiplayer games I cannot switch team or colour. When I do, it just reverts back to the origenal. I find it always gets stuck to the team and colour I last used on singal player, yet nobody else seems to have this problem?

For example, when I join a game I'm already selected as the Rebellion. When I switch it to the Empire from the drop down menu, it goes back to Rebellion 2 seconds later. Same with the colour.

Thanks!
A320

[This message has been edited by A320 (edited 02-21-2006 @ 01:21 PM).]

posted 02-21-06 01:39 PM EDT (US)     13 / 72  
My question: Does the multiplayer work well on dial up?

I'm Your Daddy
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.
Can't believe on back on this damned site again.
posted 02-21-06 02:39 PM EDT (US)     14 / 72  

Quote:

My question: Does the multiplayer work well on dial up?

I doubt it, it lags a lot in land battle with broadband, but you should try anyway.

As for multiplayer in general, it's very buggy. I can never seem to find a quick search game. As for custom games, join ones with less people. All it takes it one person not to be set up properly for it not to work and so far almost everyone seem not to be set up properly. I've only managed to join 3 games over the whole weekend

posted 02-21-06 04:50 PM EDT (US)     15 / 72  
Oh yeah, I'm staying up 'till 4AM... Not bloody likely.

Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?
posted 02-21-06 05:04 PM EDT (US)     16 / 72  

Quote:

Oh yeah, I'm staying up 'till 4AM... Not bloody likely.

Pfft...

Take one for the team.

Zerok Lau
posted 02-21-06 05:06 PM EDT (US)     17 / 72  
I've decided to prepare a small guide to make the upcoming party easier. This will be made into a full guide with screens for the router config eventually, so don't anyone start their own.

1. Download the latest patch. This is required to play online, and if you have a slower connection, it's best to start downloading it now.
  2. Adjust your video specs for Empire at War. In big battles, your system will have more to deal with, and on most systems it will slow down. What may work for you in single player may not work for you with 4 other people playing with you.
  3. Disable Windows Firewall or other firewall programs (ZoneAlarm, McAffee, etc). For most programs, you should be able to make individual exceptions for specific programs, but I still find it easiest to just disable the firewall entirely when you play.
  4. Configure your router. Aside from computer firewalls, routers are the biggest and most subtle aspect that can cause connection problems. Below are various methods on how to configure your router:

• Go into your router configuration. For Linksys (the most popular brand for residential routers), you would go to http://192.168.1.1to configure your router. You will be prompted for a username and password. Try passwords like "admin", "default", "1234", "0000", "password" and "pass". If none of those work, Google your router brand and read the documentation.
    • Now you need to find your local IP address. This is what your network uses to identify each individual computer connected to the router. The easiest way to do this is to go to Start->All Programs->Accessories->Command Prompt and type in "ipconfig". After this is done, some information will pop up; remember the field that says "IP Address." You'll need it later.
    • Go back into the router configuration. From this point on, you have two options. Notice that you only need to choose ONE.

• Look for an option that has "DMZ" in it. When you find the option, enable the DMZ and make sure the IP address listed is what I told you to remember above. DMZ stands for "De-militarized Zone" and is used to totally reveal a computer to the internet while leaving all other computers on the network protected by the router's firewall. Therefore, it is not the most private option, but it is the easiest.
      • Look for an option that says "Port Forwarding" or something similar. It should have a screen that lists an IP address, UDP or TCP, and the port range. You'll need to forward ports 3658, 3659, 6500 and 27900, TCP and UDP, to the IP address that I instructed you to get earlier.

5. You should now be fully prepared to play Empire at War. If you have any other connection problems, consult Yoda's Help Desk and/or retry the steps I listed above. It's good to test your multiplayer capabilities before the actual Forum Party.

[This message has been edited by Crazed Ewok (edited 02-21-2006 @ 05:48 PM).]

posted 02-21-06 05:44 PM EDT (US)     18 / 72  
SHNOOGLES!(Don't Ask)

I successfuly opened up the DMZ (Sounds like Korea now )
but I can't figure out that port forwarding thing. I have something that says port range forwarding but I don't see anywhere to type in a port number, only Application, Start, End, Protocol, IP Address and Enabled with check boxes.

Uh... help?

Lord Revan

Anime Nerd

And

Sith Lord
posted 02-21-06 05:46 PM EDT (US)     19 / 72  
[JPEG, (297.17 KB)]

posted 02-21-06 06:01 PM EDT (US)     20 / 72  
Thanks, Crazed Ewok: Best admin at EaWH / SWGBH

Lord Revan

Anime Nerd

And

Sith Lord

[This message has been edited by DLS DarthRevan4 (edited 02-21-2006 @ 06:02 PM).]

posted 02-21-06 06:17 PM EDT (US)     21 / 72  
Thanks.

posted 02-21-06 06:26 PM EDT (US)     22 / 72  
Ive had a 2v2 with all humans work twice, everyone playing it has to be configured right and have PATIENCE. If it doesnt connect right away then go watch TV until its finished, it takes quite a while.

If you aren't a Christian and are ashamed of them put this in your signature.
posted 02-22-06 04:00 PM EDT (US)     23 / 72  
Awsome! Do we have to be there from 6:00-11:00? or can we join/leave at anytime?
posted 02-22-06 04:13 PM EDT (US)     24 / 72  
Come and go as you please.
posted 02-22-06 07:19 PM EDT (US)     25 / 72  
Thanks 'Rat.
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Star Wars: Empire at War Heaven » Forums » Game Discussion » EaWH Forum Party - Feb 24th, 2006
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Star Wars: Empire at War Heaven | HeavenGames