Moderated by Crazed Ewok, The Mace, Echuu, Kongou Dess, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Matrix Mafia Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 ··· 10  Next Page »
posted 10-17-09 02:23 PM EDT (US)   
The Matrix Mafia

Morpheus - "Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?"

Things to note:

• Scum have been given Safe Claims.
  • This Mafia will feature characters from both the first and second movie of The Matrix trilogy.
    Alive

1. Noodle
    2. Heir of Elessar
    3. Roteratilbo
    4. Henrz
    5. Maeg
    6. Hook
    7. Veridian Cleric
    8. ABU

Dead

1. Briguy - Commander Jason Lock - Cop - Town - Night 0
    2. Ninjapenguin - Neo - Vigilante - Town - Day 1
    3. Xzyiothe - Tank - Doctor - Town - Night 1
    4. Xzyiothe V2 - The Oracle - Watcher - Town - Day 2
    5. Blatant - Councillor Hamann - Noble - Town - Night 3
    Rules

• Do not edit your posts, double post if necessary.
  • No quoting the mod. Doing so will result in modkill.
  • Do not reveal any information relevant to the Mafia after your character has died.
  • This game is closed communication, talk within this thread only, unless your role states otherwise.
  • No strategizing during the night.
  • During the day, players can vote to lynch. To cast your vote type Vote: Name.
  • If you change your vote, type Unvote: Name before your new vote.

"Rot's given a free pass simply because he's Rot." - theferret

[This message has been edited by Droideka_11 (edited 02-28-2010 @ 06:20 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 10-29-09 03:48 PM EDT (US)     51 / 251  
    Depends on how you define traitor.

There is a role called traitor that aligns the player with the mafia, but doesn't tell him who the mafia is and doesn't tell the mafia who he is. He then shows up town to cop investigations until the mafia recruits him.

There is another role called teamchanger which can align themselves with another faction in the game, including becoming a serial killer.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
    "I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
    "OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
    posted 10-29-09 07:53 PM EDT (US)     52 / 251  
    in that case i think the teamchanger role for Cypher makes the most amount of sense, since the town thought he was on their side until he started killing them off in favour of re-joinning the matrix.

I guess will find out later if the kill count ever suddenly changes then it is likely Cypher has switched sides, based on the movie this makes the most amount of sense to me.

And no, i'm not disqualifiying the posibility of a pro-town vig, i just don't see it likely. And if there is a pro-town vig then my guess is that it's likely going to be Neo, since he was the only one that was capable of killing one of the agents.

Life is simple
    Eat, Sleep, Play Games
    -------------------------------------------
    Want to make arcade games for XBOX 360, send me an email programmingdafoe@hotmail.com
    posted 10-30-09 08:49 PM EDT (US)     53 / 251  
    Just like to point out that I'm following and there's nothing really to contribute atm...

4:45 PM - Papaya: can I say that I want to put a ****ing knife in his throat and then take it back

If you don't like it here, we're not making you stay, so please, feel free to leave so Hook and I can make love to each other in peace.~ Shanks
    posted 10-31-09 11:46 AM EDT (US)     54 / 251  
    Well I'm not going to let this day without getting some more information at least.

So far we have had Henrz, Ninja and I_Jedi only post once each and think we should be pressuring one of them for some more information, it could be that they are lurking and as a whole trying not to bring attention to themselves.

The other option is to pressure players like Blatant or Heir (i think) who have said they haven't seen the movies, therefore they're chances of claimming a role already in use is higher, but i don't like pressuring because they are likely to make a mistake, especially since in the end they could still be a valuable town player and comming forward could hurt rather then help us.

Therefore one of the first three practically inactives should be our target for now.

Life is simple
    Eat, Sleep, Play Games
    Want to make arcade games for XBOX 360, send me an email programmingdafoe@hotmail.com
    posted 10-31-09 12:15 PM EDT (US)     55 / 251  
    Fine by me.

Unvote

Vote: Ninjapenguin
    posted 10-31-09 09:03 PM EDT (US)     56 / 251  
    Sorry, I was busy.

What information do you want?

I have made several mods, cheated in games, and am having a meal, sir.
    posted 10-31-09 10:39 PM EDT (US)     57 / 251  
    I would be happy with your character name myself, do not need to know your ability (if any) at this point, unless you think it benefits the town knowing what you can do.

The fact that you are posting though in reponse shows that at least your paying attention, so don't feel compelled at this point as i think that ninja is the general consesus on the player that should provide the full RC
    therefore.

Vote: Ninja

Life is simple
    Eat, Sleep, Play Games
    posted 11-01-09 00:02 AM EDT (US)     58 / 251  
    One person voting for him is hardly a consensus..

Hi nice to see you drop by I_Jedi, what made you decide to bless us with your presence?

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    "Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
    "Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
    posted 11-01-09 06:18 PM EDT (US)     59 / 251  
    Hi nice to see you drop by I_Jedi, what made you decide to bless us with your presence?
    I felt an urge to return.

posted 11-01-09 07:32 PM EDT (US)     60 / 251  
    Well, considering I_Jedi is more likely to be about than Ninja, let's have him claim.

Unvote

Vote: I_Jedi
    posted 11-01-09 08:09 PM EDT (US)     61 / 251  
    I am The Oracle

I am a watcher.

I have not been using my role effectively due to work.

posted 11-02-09 07:32 AM EDT (US)     62 / 251  
    Seems to make a good deal of sense.

Maegereg
    ,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
    "404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
    Free Kenan
    posted 11-03-09 07:20 PM EDT (US)     63 / 251  
    I have not been using my role effectively due to work.
    Huhn? What's that supposed to be?

So far, that seems pretty plausible.

4:45 PM - Papaya: can I say that I want to put a ****ing knife in his throat and then take it back

If you don't like it here, we're not making you stay, so please, feel free to leave so Hook and I can make love to each other in peace.~ Shanks
    posted 11-03-09 07:24 PM EDT (US)     64 / 251  
    Huhn? What's that supposed to be?
    I assume it means he forgot to send in his night action?
    posted 11-03-09 09:13 PM EDT (US)     65 / 251  
    I assume it means he forgot to send in his night action?
    You are correct. I was not fully aware about what my role does. Now I know.

posted 11-04-09 06:13 PM EDT (US)     66 / 251  
    Put me up for a replacement.

EE forever
    posted 11-04-09 07:07 PM EDT (US)     67 / 251  
    Did you mean you didn't send it in because you didn't know it was informative?

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    "Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
    "Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
    posted 11-05-09 01:32 AM EDT (US)     68 / 251  
    Well, there hasn't been a counter claim yet, and it's a touch early to be fishing for important roles (though I wouldn't put it past our friend I_Jedi)...so I guess we should move on?

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
    posted 11-05-09 05:35 AM EDT (US)     69 / 251  
    Watchers aren't exactly all that common.. It's more that it's harder to prove as it's a weak tracker.

Who'd trade themselves' off for something like a tracker anyway. If you're going to shoot, shoot big.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    posted 11-05-09 05:35 AM EDT (US)     70 / 251  
    like a watcher*

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    posted 11-05-09 02:56 PM EDT (US)     71 / 251  
    Put me up for a replacement.
    Will start prodding people who haven't posted. If they don't respond then you can replace in.

"Rot's given a free pass simply because he's Rot." - theferret
    posted 11-05-09 04:32 PM EDT (US)     72 / 251  
    I actually encountered watchers before I encountered trackers, and the tracker is hardly superior.

The tracker has a low chance of following a player to a kill, and also has a low chance of following a benign player to a kill and getting him lynched.

A watcher has a low chance of watching the player killed, and learning all of the players that are potentially his killer.

Both have equal potential to catch a player in a lie about their previous actions.

posted 11-05-09 04:59 PM EDT (US)     73 / 251  
    I suppose, but I'm inclined to believe I_Jedi for now all the same.
    posted 11-05-09 09:54 PM EDT (US)     74 / 251  
    I have to agree, a tracker or a watcher seem about equal odds of finding a player in a lie. I have to agree that I_Jedi's RC makes sense at this point.

Life is simple
    Eat, Sleep, Play Games
    posted 11-06-09 10:39 AM EDT (US)     75 / 251  
    Guess we should move onto someone else then, looking back at Veridian's list of inactives, Henrz seems like a good choice.

Unvote

Vote: Henrz
    « Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 ··· 10  Next Page »
    Star Wars: Empire at War Heaven » Forums » Jabba's Palace » The Matrix Mafia Game Thread
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Star Wars: Empire at War Heaven | HeavenGames