EE Community Forum
Moderated by GoSailing, Philla007

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Alias Mafia
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10  Next Page »
posted 12-07-07 07:58 PM EDT (US)   
This is the game thread for Alias mafia. All game related posts go in here and make sure you obey the rules.

Rules:
  • Do not edit your posts - double post if necessary. Once is fine, but if it happens multiple times, you may be mod-killed.
  • Do not reveal any information after your character has died.
  • This game is closed communication - talk within this thread only, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • No talking/strategizing during the night, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • Follow HG's CoC
  • During the day, players can vote to lynch. To cast your vote type Vote: Name. Be sure to bold it!
  • If you change your vote, type Unvote: Name before your new vote.

Players:

Alive
    Sargon II: nicholas.meredith@gmail.com
    DunC: greenday44221@hotmail.co.uk
    A Banned User: A_Banned_User@hotmail.co.uk
    Normandy: ashgerms@yahoo.com
    Maegereg: maegereg@gmail.com
    Grizzly137: grizzly137@yahoo.com
    EPIc Commander: SCN_Trident@Hotmail.co.uk
    The Wanderer: theexeter@gmail.com

Dead
    Tokien: ash.win.13@hotmail.com
    Catabre: catabre.ubersoldner@gmail.com
    Mixz: patchstanley@gmail.com
    Rotaretilbo: brebuga4@gmail.com
    Dr. Grip: kwcheung999@hotmail.com

Gamelog

Night 0: Tolkien, Lauren reed a mafia investigator, bullet between the eyes
    Night 0: Catabre, Director Kendall a noble, riddled with bullets
    Day 1: Mixz, Arvin Sloane the mafia leader, strapped to an electric chair
    Night 1: A banned user saved from death at Irina's hands.
    Night 1: Rotaretilbo, Irina Derevko the serial killer, killed by vigilante and inventor's item
    Night 1: Dr. Grip, Sydney Bristow the town doctor, Riddled with bullets.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old

[This message has been edited by GoSailing (edited 12-19-2007 @ 07:47 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 12-07-07 07:59 PM EDT (US)     1 / 290  
    It is is now night. Send in your night actions, 48 hour deadline.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
    posted 12-07-07 10:45 PM EDT (US)     2 / 290  
    Omg what do I do?

EE forever
    posted 12-07-07 11:06 PM EDT (US)     3 / 290  
    If your Mafia, email your choices for the night kill to GS, or if you're not, just wait until day.

Proud Bearer of the Imperial Legion of SWU's Distinguished Newbie Award
    < o >
    Someone needs to get a hold of Ocelot and put the NJO Mod Project back on the road.
    "Your right, we should just unban everyone and let them go crazy. Who needs a orderly and friendly forum society when you can have total anarchy, eh?"-Blackmoon
    FREE TIBET!
    posted 12-07-07 11:07 PM EDT (US)     4 / 290  
    If I said in your role email that you had a night action "email me every night session..." then you email me with what you want to do. Do not post night actions in the thread.

posted 12-08-07 06:14 AM EDT (US)     5 / 290  
    Sorry one small thing, I need to be put in the alive players section .

Use the power of your mind to achieve anything you desire.

"I can imagine a world without hate or war. And I can imagine us attacking it because they would never expect it." - GoSailing
    posted 12-08-07 06:15 AM EDT (US)     6 / 290  
    *sleeps*
    like the rest of you should!

"It is my Duty. My Duty, as a complete, and utter bastard."~Arnold Judas Rimmer
    "The real revolution starts with learning. If you're not angry, then you're not paying attention" - Tim McIlath
    "We're All The PirateBay"
    ~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

posted 12-08-07 09:15 AM EDT (US)     7 / 290  
    *Snores*.

The soul now burns, these thoughts I churn.
    To never have a brief sojourn.
    Oh maiden Death! Please hear my plea!
    Allieviate, my malady.
    Engulf me now, to you I bow.
    Embrace me now, your tears, my vow.
    posted 12-08-07 11:37 AM EDT (US)     8 / 290  
    Yea, Mixz, I copied from the signup thread and didn't replace you with pope. The rest of you shouldn't really be posting in the night session, though... *hint hint*

posted 12-08-07 12:15 PM EDT (US)     9 / 290  
    It's day isn't it? So how do we get the ball rolling?

EE forever
    posted 12-08-07 12:36 PM EDT (US)     10 / 290  
    No, it's only day in the game when GS says it is, when either all the votes for the nightkill are in or the 48 hour deadline is over.

< o >
    Someone needs to get a hold of Ocelot and put the NJO Mod Project back on the road.
    "Your right, we should just unban everyone and let them go crazy. Who needs a orderly and friendly forum society when you can have total anarchy, eh?"-Blackmoon
    FREE TIBET!
    posted 12-08-07 01:04 PM EDT (US)     11 / 290  
    ...*Snore*.

Use the power of your mind to achieve anything you desire.

"I can imagine a world without hate or war. And I can imagine us attacking it because they would never expect it." - GoSailing
    posted 12-08-07 01:32 PM EDT (US)     12 / 290  
    It's day isn't it? So how do we get the ball rolling?
    Everybody who has a night action sends them in and then I can post the opening day scene. During the day you guys get to vote to lynch somebody and during the night, basically, everybody stops posting. The questions are OK, but posting *snore* over and over really doesn't belong.

posted 12-08-07 01:34 PM EDT (US)     13 / 290  
    Maybe I should answer questions as well, it's better than sleeping

Just threaten a Mod Kill, that'll shut 'em up.

"The real revolution starts with learning. If you're not angry, then you're not paying attention" - Tim McIlath
    ~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

posted 12-08-07 04:39 PM EDT (US)     14 / 290  
    *sleepwalks*

Veni, Vidi, Castratavi Illegitimos.
    posted 12-09-07 12:01 PM EDT (US)     15 / 290  
    The town wakes up on a warm sunny day to go to work. All seems well, actually, untill they get their briefing
    in the CIA office. Two of their own had been murdered and they sat horrified as Arven Sloane told them the news and handed out pictures. Every townie could see for their own eyes that Director Kendall (Catabre) was riddled with bullets all over his body. However, the discovery of an enemy death slightly dampened the effects as they found out that Lauren Reed (Tokien) had a bullet between the eyes.

It is now day. 6 votes to lynch.

posted 12-09-07 12:06 PM EDT (US)     16 / 290  
    Oooh...intriguing. I would say more, but I don't want to spoil the game. The only other thing I will say is it looks like you have put in a lot of twists already, GS. Good job.

< o >
    FREE TIBET!
    posted 12-09-07 12:16 PM EDT (US)     17 / 290  
    Thank you.

posted 12-09-07 12:23 PM EDT (US)     18 / 290  
    Cooool. You'd better update the "Dead" category.

posted 12-09-07 01:22 PM EDT (US)     19 / 290  
    Thought I did. I suppose I hit "back" instead of edit post...

posted 12-09-07 01:45 PM EDT (US)     20 / 290  
    Judging by GS's post, I'm guessing that Catabre was killed by this game's version of the mafia (I'm not familiar with the premise behind Alias so I don't know what the group might actually be called).

Also according to the night post, Tolkien was an "enemy" so I'm thinking this early in the game, he wouldn't be taken out by his own people. There is either a second night kill group (I personally discount this, at the moment, because of the size of the game. It is possible though.) or we have a serial killer in the game.
    Oooh...intriguing. I would say more, but I don't want to spoil the game. The only other thing I will say is it looks like you have put in a lot of twists already, GS. Good job.
    Speaking as a person who is not really familiar with the series, I'd certainly welcome any thoughts you might have.

"What are we going to do tomorrow Barak?"
    "The same thing we do every day Joe....TRY AND TAKE OVER THE WORLD."
    posted 12-09-07 01:45 PM EDT (US)     21 / 290  
    Shouldn't you put their roles and affiliations up there too now that they're dead?

< o >
    FREE TIBET!
    posted 12-09-07 01:53 PM EDT (US)     22 / 290  
    Yea, I should and did now. I'm still figuring out what I'm doing as we are going (not changing roles or game mechanics from what I first decided though, I'm not that new)

posted 12-09-07 03:39 PM EDT (US)     23 / 290  
    Grizzly said it all. Maybe there is a vigilante somewhere, but a serial killer seems the most likely.

posted 12-09-07 04:34 PM EDT (US)     24 / 290  
    @Grizzly: I don't think I'm allowed to help since I'm not part of the game. But if GS says I can, I might be able to help...

< o >
    FREE TIBET!
    posted 12-09-07 04:43 PM EDT (US)     25 / 290  
    Im sitting in the background for today. Day 1 is always hard for me.

~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

posted 12-09-07 05:27 PM EDT (US)     26 / 290  
    @Bando. I didn't realize, I thought you were part of the game (mistook you for A Banned User). I already had reasons made up why we should lynch you if you didn't speak up.

Oh well.

posted 12-09-07 06:18 PM EDT (US)     27 / 290  
    Dam, forgot to come here yesterday...did I miss anything?

This is the best signature ever!
    posted 12-09-07 06:23 PM EDT (US)     28 / 290  
    Actually I seemed to have missed 2 days...sorry guys. Anyway it's always hard to think of anything to do on day one so let's day dream.

This is the best signature ever!
    posted 12-09-07 10:49 PM EDT (US)     29 / 290  
    You only missed a night, actually. Or...did I miss something?

Anyway, this looks like a cookie cutter Mafia-SK night, the kind you see when the doctor and/or roleblocker doesn't beat the odds and the vig isn't confident enough to blindly shoot into the list. I won't roll out two mafias (I personally just finished hosting a 13 man game with two mafias and an SK, and somehow, against all odds, the town won with only a single loss ).

However, regardless of whether there are two mafia groups or a mafia and an SK, we can still confidently say we have two sets of scum killers.

Now, to analyze the overview for the day.

We lost a Noble Towny (for those of you not familiar with this role, its a towny whose vote counts twice). However, the mafia lost a Mafia Cop, which is definately good for us. Mafia cops tend to have the ability to discover roles, which means that the mafia will have a less likely chance of stumbling across our power roles.

In a game of 13, I'm going to estimate (based on the premise of Mafia-SK) that we have a three-man mafia and one SK, putting us at four scum. One's down, putting us at three.

Catabre was riddled with bullets.

Minor FoS: Normandy

The beach is rather famous for Operation Overlord, one of the bloodier battles of World War II. German's poured fire from machine guns and artillery into the beaches as the Americans, Brits, Aussies, and Canadians stormed upwards.

However, Tolkien was shot between the "eyes".

Major FoS: Sargon II

Not only is he the only person signed up with two letter I's in his name, but they are also right next to each other and apart from the rest of his name.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
    "I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
    "OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
    posted 12-10-07 00:43 AM EDT (US)     30 / 290  
    Well, I haven't played enough Mafia here at HG to know if GMs in general give hints in their night/day posts. However, unless someone makes a major slip, Day 1 is pretty much a crap shoot with thin or no evidence. So I won't FoS (something about that game mechanic has always bugged me, don't know why) or vote yet. Mostly because we haven't had many of the players post yet, but I am curious as to what Sargon and Normandy (or anyone else actually) have to say about Rot's reasoning.

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10  Next Page »
    Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » EE Community Forum » Alias Mafia
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames