EE Community Forum
Moderated by GoSailing, Philla007

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Firefly Mafia: Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20  Next Page »
posted 02-29-08 04:58 PM EDT (US)   
The crew of the Firefly class transport Serenity have been rather unfortunately grounded after a major breakdown. Now they are stranded on Persephone, with no hope of repairing the Serenity any time in the near future. Grounded and unable to run, they can only hope to remain inconspicuous, lest they be caught by their myriad enemies

The Crime Lords (mafia) have won! Congratulations to Friend of Old and Rotaretilbo

Day 10

Alive (2/15):
Rotaretilbo (Adelai Niska, Mafia Leader)
Friend of Old (Yolanda, Mafia Roleblocker)

Dead (13/15):
The Wanderer (Shepherd Book, Roleblocker) Hacked apart night 0
DunC (Malcolm Reynolds, Cop) Shot through the chest day 1
Mixz (Kaylee, Townie) Neck severed night 1
Normandy887 (Hands of Blue, Mafia leader) shot day 2
A Banned User (Crow, Mafia Hitman) run through with a sword night 2
The Grey Fox (The Agent, Mafia Assassin) sucked into an engine day 3
Arvedui (Jubal Early, Goon) Caught and executed day 4
AvidWriter (Jayne, Vigilante) Tranquilized and shot day 5
Dr. Grip (Inara Serra, Priest) Fell and broke her neck day 6
Sargon II (River Tam, Recurring Vigilante) Shot day 7
Shanks13 (Zoe, Mason) Shot day 8
Wonder Bread (Simon Tam, Doctor) Killed in his sleep day 9
GoSailing (Wash, Mason) Shot day 10

Rules:
> Do not edit your posts - double post if necessary. Once is fine, but if it happens multiple times, you may be mod-killed.
> Do not reveal any information after your character has died.
> This game is closed communication - talk within this thread only, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
> No talking/strategizing during the night, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
> Follow HG's CoC
> During the day, players can vote to lynch. To cast your vote type Vote: Name. Be sure to bold it!
> If you change your vote, type Unvote: Name before your new vote.
> Quoting role emails is strictly prohibited. Paraphrase.

Maegereg
,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
"404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
Free Kenan

[This message has been edited by Maegereg (edited 04-20-2008 @ 10:16 PM).]

Replies:
posted 02-29-08 04:59 PM EDT (US)     1 / 600  
It is now night 0. 36 hour deadline for night actions.

Maegereg
"404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
Free Kenan
posted 03-02-08 09:50 AM EDT (US)     2 / 600  
Morning dawns on the Srenity, but not everyone has lived to see it. The crew gathers around the body of The Wanderer (Shepherd Book). He appeared to have been attacked with some sort of crude bladed weapon as his body bore many long slashing wounds. A few hours later Friend of Old was dragged into sickbay, shot through the knee. Fortunately the wounds are not fatal.

It is now Day 1. 8 Votes to lynch.

Maegereg
Free Kenan
posted 03-02-08 12:04 PM EDT (US)     3 / 600  
I think before we start going for people (though we will need to start with a random vote on somebody) we should wait for somebody who knows the series to start speculating on characters and roles if anybody knows. So, I ask, does anybody other than Maeg watch Firefly?

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
posted 03-02-08 12:48 PM EDT (US)     4 / 600  
Not me.

Rick Goodman Enthusiast
Empire Earth
Empire Earth: Art of Conquest
Empires: Dawn of the Modern World
Empire Creations Design Team
posted 03-02-08 01:40 PM EDT (US)     5 / 600  
Not me, either.

Veni, Vidi, Castratavi Illegitimos.
posted 03-02-08 03:22 PM EDT (US)     6 / 600  
As a note, if you haven't seen any Firefly I highly recommend it. It's quite an awesome series.

Maegereg
Free Kenan
posted 03-02-08 04:56 PM EDT (US)     7 / 600  
Well, I've seen Serenity which was an epic movie, but I've only seen a few odd episodes of Firefly.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
"I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
"OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
posted 03-02-08 05:14 PM EDT (US)     8 / 600  
Bah, I don't care about the series, someone just shot me!
Random Vote: DunC we got history.

Doctor FoO
posted 03-02-08 07:32 PM EDT (US)     9 / 600  
I actually don't watch TV a lot. I probably should watch more, but I can't be bothered. Hmmm...It seems most mafia games are base of TV series.

This is the best signature ever!
posted 03-03-08 03:48 AM EDT (US)     10 / 600  
Dead already?

Oh well, so long o fair and merry world!

The soul now burns, these thoughts I churn.
To never have a brief sojourn.
Oh maiden Death! Please hear my plea!
Allieviate, my malady.
Engulf me now, to you I bow.
Embrace me now, your tears, my vow.
posted 03-03-08 04:04 AM EDT (US)     11 / 600  
Ouch, roleblocker dead.

Also, I don't watch Firefly, either.

I won't put another vote for DunC right now, I'll see what he says first.

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
|
"I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
"Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
posted 03-03-08 10:09 AM EDT (US)     12 / 600  
I won't put another vote for DunC right now, I'll see what he says first.
Why would he say anything with only one vote on him?

Vote: Dunc

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
posted 03-03-08 10:27 AM EDT (US)     13 / 600  
Random vote seems justified.

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
"I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)
posted 03-03-08 11:08 AM EDT (US)     14 / 600  
Meh, I'm out of ideas.

Veni, Vidi, Castratavi Illegitimos.
posted 03-03-08 11:57 AM EDT (US)     15 / 600  
we got history
Heh. Good times

Well, all I can say is I'm a no role-class with town affiliation.
As to my name, I'm a little stuck as I think I deleted my email (girl I like kinda has the password to my email, so any geeky stuff... )

"It is my Duty. My Duty, as a complete, and utter bastard."~Arnold Judas Rimmer
"The real revolution starts with learning. If you're not angry, then you're not paying attention" - Tim McIlath
"We're All The PirateBay"
~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

posted 03-03-08 12:24 PM EDT (US)     16 / 600  
What a pick up line! 'Hey, babe, do'ya fancy my e-mail password?' What's wrong with socks DunC, or a scarf?

So you say you're a townie, with no extra info. Maybe M would be gracious enough to re-send you the e-mail, you print it out, hide it, delete it and tell us your name. In the meantime:
Unvote
Vote: Arvy for refusing to bandwagon

Doctor FoO
posted 03-03-08 01:56 PM EDT (US)     17 / 600  
As Sails said, with Arvy he wont say anything unless he's pressurised .

Vote: Arvy

As for watching Firefly, nope me neither. Not sure if they even show it here in England.

Use the power of your mind to achieve anything you desire.

"I can imagine a world without hate or war. And I can imagine us attacking it because they would never expect it." - GoSailing
posted 03-03-08 02:54 PM EDT (US)     18 / 600  
Dunc, your email is re-sent.

Maegereg
Free Kenan
posted 03-03-08 03:22 PM EDT (US)     19 / 600  
What a pick up line! 'Hey, babe, do'ya fancy my e-mail password?' What's wrong with socks DunC, or a scarf?
Haha, it's 'cause she's in another school, so she can talk to some of my friends.
That and it's a sign of trust

Anyhoo, I'm Malcolm Reynolds

"The real revolution starts with learning. If you're not angry, then you're not paying attention" - Tim McIlath
~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

posted 03-03-08 05:08 PM EDT (US)     20 / 600  
OK, your player Malcolm definately seems like a townie. Unless anybody else says they are him, we should move on.

Unvote: Dunc

posted 03-03-08 05:10 PM EDT (US)     21 / 600  
Wait...you're Mal and you're just a towny? Mal is the captain of the Firefly and one of the main characters. I have a hard time believing that you have no power role whatsoever.

Vote: DunC

There are 14 of us, which means it should take 8 to lynch. My vote will make 3.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
posted 03-03-08 05:15 PM EDT (US)     22 / 600  
Argh Rot, was hoping you'd come to same conclusion as me. I saw that too, and hoped you'd play it differently. Oh well, too late now anyways.

PS: No, none of you will likely follow that and I think it may even take Rot some time (maybe) to figure out what I meant.

posted 03-03-08 05:20 PM EDT (US)     23 / 600  
Hm... Well if he's the captain that's not necessarily a bad thing is it? It looks to me like Rot is taking advantage of Dunc lying about being townie, though it still isn't a mafia role.

EE forever
posted 03-03-08 05:24 PM EDT (US)     24 / 600  
Woah, sorry for not posting. I forgot about this.

I have no idea what Firefly is, so i really can't deduce powers from roles and whatnot.
I think ill just chill until someone acts...suspicious, or we get clues.

And if someone say "Hey, he's just gonna chill. Let's vote for him!", they're retarded

Make us whole again.

~Winner of the Splatter Award at HWH '07~
posted 03-03-08 05:51 PM EDT (US)     25 / 600  
Ok,so you wanna not believe me?
I had plenty of time to create myself a fictiocious role, what with my deleting the email and naturally would've come up with something better by then but I haven't.
Why?
Because that's my role!
I am Malcolm Reynolds, member of the crew for Firefly and Affiliated to Town.
Lynch me if you must, but it's the wrong move.

~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

posted 03-03-08 06:11 PM EDT (US)     26 / 600  
My point is more that someone as major as Mal wouldn't be some vanilla towny. If DunC is lying about that, he may well be lying about the whole thing. However, the real Mal might not want to come forward to counter claim simply because the real Mal has an important RC.

You counterclaim only when it's beneficial (in this case, if the scum would choose such a main character, they may be trying to draw out the real Mal in a counterclaim since he is likely to have a powerful role), but you never lie on a roleclaim.

posted 03-03-08 06:17 PM EDT (US)     27 / 600  
Might as well come out about it. I was assuming from what I've read on Firefly that Mal would be something powerful, most likely a doctor. I, being a bit more forgiving than Rot was going to assume that the real Mal would come forward since nobody knows the series and would know how important their role was. So I was going to hope Dunc was the doc and didn't want to say it, but its too late for that now. Either Dunc needs to tell the truth or... something...

posted 03-03-08 06:31 PM EDT (US)     28 / 600  
Hmm I smell scum...

Vote: Rotaretilbo

Rick Goodman Enthusiast
Empire Earth
Empire Earth: Art of Conquest
Empires: Dawn of the Modern World
Empire Creations Design Team

[This message has been edited by Wonder Bread (edited 03-03-2008 @ 06:31 PM).]

posted 03-03-08 06:45 PM EDT (US)     29 / 600  
Meh, I'm out of ideas.
You didn't give any ideas.

Also, Vote: Wonder Bread for simply voting Rot without explaining. Care to tell us why you think he's scum? Even with what Sails said, Rot could have made a mistake.

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
|
"I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
"Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
posted 03-03-08 06:50 PM EDT (US)     30 / 600  
Dunc needs to tell the truth or... something...
Would you like me to lie about my role?
I see that working better than the truth right now.

~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20  Next Page »
Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » EE Community Forum » Firefly Mafia: Game Thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames