Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Maxi-Forum Mini-Mafia Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 18  Next Page »
posted 05-16-08 12:12 PM EDT (US)   
Welcome to the

Mini-Mafia

The day was fine and the sun shone brightly, dancing down upon the green.
FoO, along with his fellows, DunC, Sargon, Scud and ABU idled away the good weather.
"How about we share some titilating tales of the week old bean?" Sargon asked,
merry from the Pimm's in his hand.
"Indeed" declared FoO, sipping from his own,
"Allow me to tell you of the Maxi-Forum
"It is a small project I have set up, to amuse me during the April Showers,
"And it's all about to go to pot. Spiffing!"
The others murmerd their agreement, as FoO produced a laptop and opened it up,
showing them the delights of someone else having a very hard time...

CoC of the Maxi-Forum
  • *insert HG CoC*
  • 50% of the votes needed for a lynch are needed to RC
  • On your 5th recored night post you will be banned
  • You may not communicate outside the thread unless specified otherwise
  • Quoting your role e-mail is prohibited, you shouldn't need to be told this again and again and again...
  • The Administrator (FoO) and Monty Python are your only gods

Those who have logged in: (3/12)

• Rotaretilbo the Hacker (Cult), an Unstable Serial Killing Iron Ghost Cult Recriuter, Survived the Froum - Endgame
  • Arvedui the Corrupted Moderator (Cult), a Restricted Roleblocking Doctor Cop, Survived the Forum - Endgame
  • Maegereg the Corrupted Level-Headed Member (Cult), a First Aid Private Investigator, Survived the Forum - Endgame

Those who have logged out: (9/12)

• Normandy887 (Ashrzr) the Psycho (Town), an Explosive Restrictor, Banned on Request - Night 0
  • TBK145 the Scapegoat (Town), a Miller Bodyguard, Banned by Admin for breach of the CoC - Day 1
  • Sargon II the Smurf, a Charismatic Godfather (Mafia), Discovered and banned - Day 2
  • GoldenEye923 the Wise Guy (Town), a Mentally Unstable Doctor Vigilante, Banned for fun - Day 3
  • GoSailing the Reformed N00b (Town), a n00b, Abandoned the forums due to hate messages - Day 4
  • Dr. Grip the Corrupted Subtle Debater (Cult), an Intimidating Persuasive Politician, Confessed his sins - Day 5
  • A Banned User the Power Debater (Town), a Variable Noble Governor Politician, Banned for baiting - Day 6
  • RCM7525 (Nacht Jager) the Seasoned Member (Town), a Stone Noble Psychiatrist, Deleted from the forum by Hacker - Endgame
  • Catabre the Reformed N00b (Town), a n00b, Sent a virus by the Hacker - Endgame

• FoO the Adminisrator (Town), Game Moderator, Killed when the Hacker's virus blew up his computer - Endgame

The game is over
    FoO is dead
    The CULT has WON

Doctor FoO

[This message has been edited by Friend of Old (edited 07-02-2008 @ 05:21 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 05-16-08 12:15 PM EDT (US)     1 / 526  
    FoO powered down the primary sever for some essential mantainance,
    However not all the denizens quite logged off.
    In the darkness of chatrooms and the vastness of the interwebs,
    Flamers, Spammers and the like came to ply their wicked trade,
    Bullying maturity out of everyone and everything,
    l33t speak rules the night.

FoO laughed.

It is Night 0
    Send Actions to friend_of_old@hotmail.co.uk
    You have 48 hours

Doctor FoO
    posted 05-18-08 12:44 PM EDT (US)     2 / 526  
    FoO yawned and glanced over at his alarm clock.
    The time was one o'clock,
    In the afternoon.
    Excellent, time for breakfast.
    After eating a full English FoO adjourned to his computer,
    Then waited the customary ten minutes for it to warm up,
    Then the customary thirty minutes for it to boot up.
    Finally the old girl whirred into life and FoO opened up the internet,
    Immediately browsing to the Maxi-Forum.
    He purused its pages, then opened an MSN conversation with Rot,
    Who was oddly on at what FoO suspected was the early hours for him.

"Hey Rot, you seen what's happened yet?" FoO asked, impatient for an answer,
    Lucky for him it was an
    instant messaging service.
    "No, what?" Rot replied with a yawn smiley attached.
    "Normandy's put up one of his threads again, about how some girl dumped him!"
    "No surprises there" came the dry reply.
    Sometimes Rot could be almost British in his humour.
    "Well guess what, some n00b's posted a picture of a giant can of spam,
    "Normandy exploded, says he's leaving forever."
    "I doubt that somehow, he always crawls back" Rot grumbled.
    "I'm afraid not, the mod's put on a user-requested.
    "Permantly..."

Normandy887 the Psycho (Town), an Explosive Restrictor has been banned on request due to spam.

It is now DAY 1
    11 alive, 6 to lynch

Doctor FoO

[This message has been edited by Friend of Old (edited 05-18-2008 @ 02:15 PM).]

posted 05-18-08 01:03 PM EDT (US)     3 / 526  
    First thing I have to say is AWESOME write up. Its absolutely brilliant.

Second, it seems apparent that mafia are spammers and things like that. Maybe flamers too.

Third is that there seems to be no SK, with just a mafia. That means we can likely count on four or five members of the mafia.

And fourth is Vote: Maegereg to start things going.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
    posted 05-18-08 01:42 PM EDT (US)     4 / 526  
    Indeed, great story.

Now, it's not very smart to immidiatly outrule a SK, as he just might have chosen to not send in a night action, to stay quiet.
    I think we could expect some post restrictions to as the mafia are probably noobs.

Random vote:
    Vote: RCM

TBK_-_iDrug
    "Because sometimes your posts seem to imply that you're a little high?" - RCM
    "And sometimes "a little" is an understatement ;p ..." - Kyr
    "I think TBK's subtly trying to tell us he does, but 'legally.' " - Norm
    "Or maybe "slightly" illegal" - RCM
    "Are you on drugs?" - Gamerrici
    posted 05-18-08 01:45 PM EDT (US)     5 / 526  
    Why would a SK not send in a night kill... especially on the first night?

I see no other way forward than a random vote
    Vote: Maegeregeregreg.

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
    "I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
    1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
    President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)
    posted 05-18-08 01:57 PM EDT (US)     6 / 526  
    It could also be that the mafia didn't send in a night action...

TBK_-_iDrug
    posted 05-18-08 02:05 PM EDT (US)     7 / 526  
    I just realized something. In the road mafia when FOO was pressured for a roleclaim at the start of the game (Both FOO and TBK were mafia... along with me!), TBK immeidantly jumped in and tried to get everyone to vote RCM instead. And here he's done the exact same here. Sails starts pressuring Maegereg and TBK immediatly tries to start a different random vote against RCM, again... Plus he seems to know that the noobs are the mafia and most likely have post restrictions, which I don't recall being told this anywhere else. So he seems to know a lot about this game mafia as well.

Just a theory.
    As games may change but behavour doesn't.

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant

1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
    posted 05-18-08 02:14 PM EDT (US)     8 / 526  
    What's wrong with voting different than Sails?
    I just don't want to bandwagon.
    Plus he seems to know that the noobs are the mafia and most likely have post restrictions
    Sails said they were spammers/flamers, and I wanted to support my theory about post restrictions, but I confused noobs with spammers.
    So he seems to know a lot about this game mafia as well.
    Lol... Ever heard of thinking or theories?
    It's common that people start speculating about that kind of things at the begin of a game...

TBK_-_iDrug
    posted 05-18-08 02:18 PM EDT (US)     9 / 526  
    [q=Me!]Just a theory.Nope never heard of theories. Never ever.

posted 05-18-08 02:18 PM EDT (US)     10 / 526  
    Oh, er, hi guys. Thanks for the compliaments and all, much appreiciated. Just popped in to say I've updated the main post, couple of details I forgot (just confirming Normandy was town is all)...

Doctor FoO
    posted 05-18-08 02:19 PM EDT (US)     11 / 526  
    Ahh failure of the bb code! Doh!

posted 05-18-08 02:45 PM EDT (US)     12 / 526  
    At least I went down with possibly the funniest write-up ever. Good game guys.

EE forever
    posted 05-18-08 02:46 PM EDT (US)     13 / 526  
    Possibly the funniest write-up ever so far...

Doctor FoO
    posted 05-18-08 02:49 PM EDT (US)     14 / 526  
    Me eating myself to death in The Road mafia is a strong contender FOO !

posted 05-18-08 03:55 PM EDT (US)     15 / 526  
    That was pretty good. Though I'm having a little trouble figuring out what an Explosive Restrictor is. It sounds like some sort of reactor failsafe...

Maegereg
    ,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
    "404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
    Free Kenan
    posted 05-18-08 04:07 PM EDT (US)     16 / 526  
    I don't know what that is either, hoping Rot will come in on that one.

TBK, I believe I said that mafia could have failed to send in their nightkill. SK's, however, have to send in night kills. They aren't allowed to just not.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
    posted 05-18-08 05:16 PM EDT (US)     17 / 526  
    lol, amazing write up, FoO. Looking forward to see even more of them.

I just realized something. In the road mafia when FOO was pressured for a roleclaim at the start of the game (Both FOO and TBK were mafia... along with me!), TBK immeidantly jumped in and tried to get everyone to vote RCM instead. And here he's done the exact same here. Sails starts pressuring Maegereg and TBK immediatly tries to start a different random vote against RCM, again... Plus he seems to know that the noobs are the mafia and most likely have post restrictions, which I don't recall being told this anywhere else. So he seems to know a lot about this game mafia as well.
    Or maybe he just hates RCM. But I have another theory as well. Don't know if it's a good idea to say it but maybe TBK is a cop and he investigated RCM last night and got a scumy result. Then again it's just another theory.

vote: Maeg because there are more people on him.

This is the best signature ever!
    posted 05-18-08 05:34 PM EDT (US)     18 / 526  
    If my role is any evidence, we aren't dealing with traditional roles. So, as far as Explosive Restrictor goes, I have no idea. Perhaps he is a type of roleblocker that explodes if lynched? Maybe each of us has a prescribed set amount of how much spam we can take before we leave for ever, and Normandy, as explosive, would leave upon one attack, whereas someone else might be able to withstand two or even three attacks by spammers, and some even indefinately. I haven't the slightest idea.

Now, onto other things. We have 11 alive, meaning it is 6 to lynch. That means Maeg will need 3 to RC. There are currently already three on Maeg, so I'm going to refrain from voting for now.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
    "I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
    "OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
    posted 05-18-08 07:46 PM EDT (US)     19 / 526  
    FoO always has been extremely inventive with the roles. I'd say it's one of the better parts of playing his games.

I'm rather reluctant to claim, but as there seems to be a push for me to do so I'll go ahead. I'm a junior moderator. I'm iron, but I can't ban people. In addition, because of my position of responsibility, I can only vote for someone if it would cause them to be lynched.

Maegereg
    "404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
    Free Kenan
    posted 05-18-08 09:01 PM EDT (US)     20 / 526  
    So an iron restricted townie. I think it's believable enough.

The roles seem very odd, and I'm scared that it might be hard to tell a real rc from a fake one. However, we work with what we got.

Now that Maeg's rced, I want a rc from TBK. Vote: TBK

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
    |
    "I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
    "Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
    And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
    posted 05-19-08 03:15 AM EDT (US)     21 / 526  
    That's fair enough.

Vote: TBK

Good write-up, FoO.

Veni, Vidi, Castratavi Illegitimos.
    posted 05-19-08 10:51 AM EDT (US)     22 / 526  
    Yes, as Rot said, we're not dealing with traditional roles here. But right now I'd like an RC from TBK.

Vote: TBK

But nobody else vote please, we're halfway to a lynch.

Nacht Jaeger - Ex AoEH Angel
    posted 05-19-08 11:06 AM EDT (US)     23 / 526  
    Or maybe he just hates RCM.:P
    True :P.

Now... I will RC:
    I am the Scapegoat, a bodyguard.
    I'm basicly a doctor who dies instead of the person he targetted (when attacked).

TBK_-_iDrug
    posted 05-19-08 11:15 AM EDT (US)     24 / 526  
    That sounds believable, I don't think you would make something like that up. And a bodyguard being a scapegoat makes sense too.

posted 05-19-08 03:11 PM EDT (US)     25 / 526  
    A bodyguard...it's the first time I come across this role. Wouldn't that mean the bodyguard would be rather reluctant to target anyone because he would die in the place of the protected person?

This is the best signature ever!
    posted 05-19-08 05:07 PM EDT (US)     26 / 526  
    I've run across it before. Bodyguard is best played by an experienced player, newbs(like myself)tend to protect random people and often get themselves killed instead of waiting until there's somebody who needs saving.

posted 05-19-08 05:09 PM EDT (US)     27 / 526  
    Body guards normally have one shot protection, though, and don't die from it. I guess thats similar to what you claimed, but I'm not terribly convinced.

posted 05-19-08 06:03 PM EDT (US)     28 / 526  
    No, a bodyguard is exactly what he described. But given that there are as many definitions of mafia roles as could possibly be imagined, I think we need to stop with this whole "He claimed *insert role name* but then contradicted himself by saying that he has *insert power*. He must be scum!"

Maegereg
    Free Kenan
    posted 05-19-08 06:13 PM EDT (US)     29 / 526  
    I think I believe TBK, but I think we should keep an eye on him. Unvote, but I still have my FoS on him.

posted 05-19-08 07:07 PM EDT (US)     30 / 526  
    I'm not so certain. We are playing a forum-based mafia, correct? When did Scapegoat become a term commonly used on the interwebz to describe someone at a forum? Then again, I don't know if Psycho would be something I'd immediately pick up on as a forum-based role anyway...

Now here's the interesting bit. Maegereg described the attributes in his role, likely because his role email didn't come out and say exactly what he was, whereas TBK first stated what he was, then describing the attributes of his role.

Now, in a game where the roles are a bit more obscure than others, I would not expect a role name to come before a role description. Furthermore, assuming that you guys don't have simple role names in your emails, I find it strange that TBK immediately recognized what his role was (evidenced by the order in which he roleclaimed), although bodyguard does tend to be a less common role. Conversely, Maegereg described a role that matches decently well with one of the variants of priest. Another interesting anecdote is that it is my belief that FoO made many of these roles with the idea of giving the player a hard time in mind. This is evidenced in Maeg's vote restriction, can probably be found in Normandy's role, and is supported by my role as well. However, TBK's doesn't seem to have any sort of restrictions. The only down side is that he dies if he makes a successful protection. But that is not nearly as restrictive as voting restrictions, persay.

However, for now, I won't be voting. If you guys want, we can pursue TBK, or we can move on to someone else. Personally, I think we should make a decision soon before we out someone important.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
    "I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
    "OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
    « Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 18  Next Page »
    Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » EE Community Forum » Maxi-Forum Mini-Mafia Game Thread
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames