EE General Forum
Moderated by GoSailing, Soty, Philla007

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: AOC Campaign Walkthroughs
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 06-26-05 06:18 PM EDT (US)   
I was looking for some AoC campaign walkthroughs/FAQ/Guides but was able to find none. If anyone know of a good walkthrough page I can visit, or if anyone could write one, it'd be greatly appreciated.
Replies:
posted 07-26-05 05:14 PM EDT (US)     26 / 52  
Exactly what I've done and I'm still short on iron.
posted 07-30-05 05:40 AM EDT (US)     27 / 52  
How the hell do you do the Roman mission where you have to either sack or defend Alexandria?!

It seems impossible.

posted 07-31-05 05:01 PM EDT (US)     28 / 52  
be cleopatra and defend and wait for reinforcements

Nam3 aka DEAD
http://s3.bitefight.com.pt/c.php?uid=24978

if you can see it means that you have eyes and you are not blind
posted 08-03-05 01:58 AM EDT (US)     29 / 52  
Bloody hell, that second asian mission is a pain in the arse, isn't it? I'll be putting up a walkthrough for it later.

My Karma ran over my Dogma

AoEH | EEH | RoNH | IndividualsCAN

posted 08-07-05 11:28 AM EDT (US)     30 / 52  
Yea that mission sure is. I'll be waiting for your walkthrough.
posted 08-07-05 04:36 PM EDT (US)     31 / 52  
Well it's up, going to finish the Asian campaign then start on the Pacific.

posted 08-11-05 09:25 AM EDT (US)     32 / 52  
Ok Thanks.

Um, can you give me a link please whenever I type in ee.heavengames.com it directs me to ee2

[This message has been edited by juliuscaeserII (edited 08-11-2005 @ 09:27 AM).]

posted 08-11-05 10:28 AM EDT (US)     33 / 52  
If you look just above the forum link there is the link to the EE content. AoC Walkthroughs are in Strategies there.

posted 08-12-05 12:13 PM EDT (US)     34 / 52  
oh ok thanks.
posted 08-22-05 11:48 AM EDT (US)     35 / 52  
Pacific Walkthroughs starting to go up.

posted 08-23-05 06:08 PM EDT (US)     36 / 52  
Hm, this is weird, on the second Asian Mission, I have now 10- of each unit and built the research facility thingy and have all of my universities intact, but then it says i was defeated.
posted 08-24-05 03:57 PM EDT (US)     37 / 52  
Nevermind I got it.
posted 08-28-05 12:38 PM EDT (US)     38 / 52  
Phillistine thanks for all the walkthroughs they helped alot.

I was wondering when can you get the Roman Campaign walkthroughs online and running.

posted 08-29-05 07:21 PM EDT (US)     39 / 52  
Soon as I can. I've been away all weekend photographing a WW2 event which was totally wicked, btw. More here.

Almost finished the Pacific campaign. When AoC got shipped my copy had the Prima Hint Guide for the Roman Campaign so if anyone has that the hints, as far as I recall, are pretty solid. For those who don't I'll precis them and add anything I find to them.

Naturally, if anyone can add to the existing walkthroughs with extra tips and hints they can submit them and we'll update and credit as necessary.

posted 08-29-05 11:44 PM EDT (US)     40 / 52  
Ok thanks.
posted 09-16-05 06:23 PM EDT (US)     41 / 52  
I realized the uploads on AoC walkthroughs have basically stopped, what's up?

I can't pass the 5th Roman scenario...

posted 09-17-05 08:10 AM EDT (US)     42 / 52  
I've been busy in real life, we've had guys away on holiday and the rest of us have had to cover for them. I haven't been able to play every day. Getting back to finishing the Pacific Campaign then I'll do the Roman.

posted 09-17-05 10:18 AM EDT (US)     43 / 52  
Ok. Nice to hear you guys are still working on it.
posted 09-17-05 11:16 AM EDT (US)     44 / 52  
Yep, played a bit more today, wrote a bit more today, should go up in the next couple of days. Am hoping to have the Pacific Campaign completed by tomorrow which gives me a clean start on the Roman one in the week, hopefully having that done by next weekend. It's coming to the end of the silly season here, when everyone goes on holiday, that's all. Catching the last of our sun for the year

posted 10-16-05 12:21 PM EDT (US)     45 / 52  
Yes! It is done! Thanks for the walkthroughs. I can't finish the 5th Roman scenario though.
posted 10-20-05 11:59 PM EDT (US)     46 / 52  
I'm on the 4th at the moment. Which bit are you stuck on, maybe I can figure it out when I get there.

posted 10-21-05 04:36 PM EDT (US)     47 / 52  
Question about the AOC Campaigns as I don't have AOC.

How much harder are they than the EE Campaigns? Are they hard in the sense of odds overwhelming stacked for the AI (*cough* German campaign *cough*) or clever AI hard?

CenturionZ_1
HG Angel
AoEH Staff

'In heaven an angel is nobody in particular.' - George Bernard Shaw
Age of Empires Heaven Agetoons About Me
posted 10-22-05 08:53 AM EDT (US)     48 / 52  
Bout the same mix as the EE campaigns. The other thing that made the Garman Campaign a pain was the restriction of units. There is a bit of that in the AoC campaigns but not as badly restricted as the German, which I felt was too much.

The Asian campaign is rough and ready but a good one for playing around with all the futuristic units. Very similar feel to the Russian campaign for me. The Pacific Campaign is good but a bit samey, it does have very good balance though. I'm playing the Roman one right now and it is the best one, a little restricted at times but not as overwhelming as the German. The Roman one also makes the best use of the new units it introduces - Centurions are awesome.

posted 10-23-05 06:07 AM EDT (US)     49 / 52  
Personally I found the German campaign annoying because of the lack of anti-air units. In most campaigns your army would be bombed to bits by bomers you couldn't take out.

I found the Rusian campaign fun, especially the last tw scenarios. I thought the twist in the penultimate scenario was genius! (My favourite experience in a RTS game, even better than AoE's Holy Man.) Although I did wonder why everyone found the second scenario so hard...I mean three town centers = three tactical nuclear strikes. I can finish that scenario in 20 mins, long before I get triple teams from all sides.

Greece: Meh, I don't like it when the builds and towers are only destructible with one type of unit, Sampson or a catapult.

England: Only the 2 Industrial scenarios. Henry V's cinematics were dragged out too much. I felt I was watching Shakespeare in slow motion. Waterloo was fun but disappointing. They could have done something a bit more creative then task a horde of French units to your position. I mean, you just stand with your infantry/dragoons and deliver.

I think what the campaigns lacked was a great set piece battle. They had many set piece battles somewhere in the campaign (Issus, Gaugamela, Hastings, Agincourt, Waterloo.) But every time the CP controlling triggers were very primitive. Patrol ground and then attack. It would have been mroe fun if the triggers made the CPU wheel complex manoeuvres such as flanking or decoying. That would have made the battles much more fun to play.

CenturionZ_1
HG Angel
AoEH Staff

posted 10-23-05 11:45 AM EDT (US)     50 / 52  

Quote:

CP controlling triggers were very primitive. Patrol ground and then attack. It would have been mroe fun if the triggers made the CPU wheel complex manoeuvres such as flanking or decoying. That would have made the battles much more fun to play.

Difficult to do though, without specific commands. Sometimes it's better to just give the CP a good mix of units and let it surprise you.

Quote:

Personally I found the German campaign annoying because of the lack of anti-air units. In most campaigns your army would be bombed to bits by bomers you couldn't take out.

Yes, trying to take them down with a small group of partisans and failing. Also contributing to the difficulty of the campaign was the (too low) pop limit and enemy artillery with their range extended to stupid distances. Bits of the German Campaign are only challenging because they are a slog where you are constantly handicapped in your defence, as opposed to being challenging because the enemy is a good match for you.

Greek one, yes, restrictions on siege and certain units is overdone, not as overdone as the German though. Generally a good campaign, even if it introduces a pointless unit with no other use for the designer (Trojan Horse). Good mix of gameplay, good sub quests that are incidental to the plot and not just thrown in for extra playing time.

English - the awful accents put me off a bit, they really are terrible. Like the German campaign they sound like they were done by an American who spent all his life watching old war movies - the worst and most inaccurate ones. Mostly good fighting and a balanced challenge but agreed about some of the battles, more like units plonked on a map than a set piece encounter but I did like some of the Napoleonic battles where you were forced to get the most out of each unit - that's trademark Farrell.

Russian - still my favourite of the EE campaigns, basically because there are so many different ways to do it. Being given civ points to spend as you wish and having a good choice of units, you can try winning with different types of unit. So far I've beaten it with an air force, a land force and a cyber force. And as you say, a good story twist, if a bit too simplistic and ridden with overly simplistic anti-russian propaganda from an overly blinkered and smug US perspective.

Asian - Like the Russian Campaign I enjoy playing with the futuristic units more than the ancient ones. Great mix of challenges, just a shame it was not finished off properly (a couple of places where they did not turn off visibility if you escaped a cinematic, no end game cinematic considering the importance of it to the plot). I found the Riot Police to be one of the more useless new units.

Pacific - I like this one, the restrictions are better justified (we can't get air support until we've done X etc) and good balance. Doable without feeling like a chore.

Roman - Almost finished this one again. Our obsession with the Roman Empire continues and it is well done here. Good mix of objectives and sub quests make it on a par with the Greek Campaign.

None of the AoC campaigns give you civ points to spend, though, as they all use the new civs or have the points assigned already.

posted 10-23-05 06:04 PM EDT (US)     51 / 52  
The accents sound computer generated to me, especially the Russian one as it has a distinct lack of syllable stress.

CenturionZ_1
HG Angel
AoEH Staff

posted 10-23-05 06:12 PM EDT (US)     52 / 52  
That might be preferable to a non Russian trying to imitate the accent. But yes, accents are not the strongpoint in general of any of the campaigns. Personally I don't like having the instructions read anyway, without any way to turn it off, and in-game voice acting I can take or leave, it's mostly style over substance.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Empire Earth Heaven » Forums » EE General Forum » AOC Campaign Walkthroughs
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empire Earth Heaven | HeavenGames