Download File Post Review Post Comment

1st July 1916, The Somme

Author File Description
A Banned User
File Details
Style: Fixed Force
Number of scenarios: 2
Needs AoC?: No
A campaign By Banned User, A member of Empire Creations.
Yes it’s finnaly done after I started it in late August. It's my first campaign uploaded here by the way.

In a line of trenches in Northern France, under the command of Colonel Grant, you must participate in the Battle of the Somme, and complete the set objectives, you have been given, along with the oppurtunity of bonus objectives. But first, in the same trenches two months earlier you must defend your trenches from a strong Gemran attack.

Features include-
Intense and bloody battles, on a realistic and detailed section of trenches and no mans land, with atmospheric background music.
Two wonderfully crafted cinematics .
A unique and well thought out reinforcement system.
Call upon help such as gas or artillery
Do bonus objectives to receive certain rewards that will help you.
A full 24 hour day/night cycle of the day.
Unique use of the recourses tabs
And much much more

As the second scenario (The main one) has so many features such as the uses of gold, gas, and the ability to run over people with tanks, I’d recommend going onto hints and there reading the scenario features and how to do them!

>>>>>Historical Inaccuracies
Many of the regiments participating in the actual battle were mowed down by machine guns as soon as they stepped out of their trenches. So, for the ability to actually win, I’ve increased the size of no mans land, and decreased the range of the enemy machine guns.
Gas came from artillery not from planes, but seeing as this is such a great system to use for gas, I had to use it (Thanks to soty for that!)
The French who attacked at a couple of places at The Somme never gave the British a regiment to use (If playing on medium or hard).
As far as im aware no large German offensive was made on May 7th
The line of trenches I used in this scenario I made up, along with Colonel Grant.
The tanks found in the second scenario were armed with a slow loading launcher (like the grenade launcher) and two machine guns on the sides. I initially used the weapons as the grenade launcher, but when I noticed how it fires from both sides of the tank, I switched to the machine guns.

Reviews and comments are welcomed. Thanks!
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
KillerTomato Great! downloading now and I WILL post a review.
Ashrzr
(id: normandy887)
Staff
Awesome.
KillerTomato I am honored to be the first to download this from here.

EDIT: NOOOOOO, I guess I'm not so honored, my first download messed up because I was updateing my Sword beach scen. (yea i messed up and named it gold beach instead of the correct name sword beach:p)

[Edited on 11/28/07 @ 04:12 PM]

Talknight2 Awesome campaign banned! Great features, although the gas wasn't really effective for me. Great sounds pack, too!
KillerTomato
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.6
Balance4.4
Creativity4.4
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions4.8
Playability: 4.6

Great Campaign, very entertaining. It was one of the better scenario's posted on eeh for a LONG time. I think my favorite part was the gas and the artillery, I must have dropped hundreds of gas canisters all across the front line. I think that if you keep it up you could become as good as Intrepid or Tesserac.
This scenario is one of those few scenarios that is actualy fun after the forst time, unlike most scenarios that get boring after the fIrst time. This has a awsome replay value.
The story is also obove avarage. While some designers don't even have one at all. Well done.

Balance: 4.4

Balance was pretty good, the first scenario was kinda easy but the second was much harder.
It might have been harder if you had used Fokker Triplanes for the enemy instead. then switched the files so the sopwith bilpane replaced the triplane and given that to the British. But the reason that the balance is so great on the second scenario, is the fact that no matter how many times you play it, it never gets easy. It is eternaly challenging.

Creativity: 4

The World War 1 theme has been use some, but not much. So I have given you a 4. For your next sceario you should do some other ww1 battle. One way you could get me to increase your rating here is to add mods that make it look better, even if they aren't yours.

EXAMPLE: The Albatross, Sopwith Biplane, and Mk.V tank skins from the Napalm Mod:)

Now that I think of it, the creativity shouldn't be determined from modifications in the units, although I would still raise the score if you added them. The creativity is determined by how hard the designer worked to set his scenario apart from the others. and in this case, Banned succeded.+0.4:)

Map Design: 5

GREAT, AMAZING, WONDERFUL, I could go on and on. I felt as though I was realy there in the actual trenches. One of my favorite parts of this map is the way it rained, and rained, and rained, and rained. I gave this a five because of the great way you mixed the terrains to make it look as though it had been pounded with artillery shells, tramped over, and weathered. But one extra thing that you could have added was burning trees.

Story/Instructions: 4.8

I have never seen so much information in one instructions page. So much it would take me days just to research and type. (if not weeks)
It realy looks as if a proffesional wrote this.
History was very informing, hints solid, and the Instructions where very there. Nice work:)
To be more specific, the instructions explained every aspect in the scenario, not letting a single thing go unmentioned. Hints where very helpful, it was evident that Banned thaught hard to give the player all the help he could. History was in depth and accurate, Banned evidently researched very deeply into this to get it as perfect as possible.

Additional Comments:

A great scenario, looking foreward to your next. One idea for good a future scenario would be the rise of Ghengis Kahn.

[Edited on 12/11/07 @ 12:06 PM]

Ashrzr
(id: normandy887)
Staff
Yeah this is a really good scenario. REALLY good. Congratulations.

[Edited on 11/30/07 @ 11:56 PM]

A Banned User
File Author
Thanks everyone for your great comments, and tal if you get the hang of using gas, you can use it too brilliantly and deadly effect.

Oh and thanks for the review killer, especially one thats so high scoring XD, however, I don't suppose you could just explain a few of your points a bit more, Such as what I could actually do if I wanted too update this and increase that reviews score?
Thaks a lot!

P.S I've updated your review on Gold Beach like you wished, and i've also done a review for your malta scenario.
KillerTomato Thanks, I will add a few more points as soon as I get the time:)
Talknight2 I did get the hand of the gas feature, I just think it's way too weak! Gas should expand twice the distance after it sets in.
I bombed a crowded trench right in the middle and nobody 3 tiles away from the gas got hurt a bit.
coolscott3 nice but on the 2nd senario

i end up with controling about 10 men 6 planes and 2 tanks?

kinda stuck
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.7