Download File Post Review Post Comment

The Long Road to France

Author File Description
A Banned User
File Details
Style: Fixed Force
Number of scenarios: 1
Needs AoC?: No
A campaign By Banned User, member of Empire Creations.

The Napoleon war could only be described a blood bath that cost the lives of millions of soldiers from all parts of Europe. However, the war made a hero out of not only the Duke of Wellington. But a group of soldiers called the riflemen. After many long hard years of fighting in the Peninsular the war begins to reach it’s climax when the French find themselves desperately defending the border of Spain after a string of brilliant victories by the Duke.
The British rifleman, equipped with a slower loading, but more accurate long range rifle. Compared to the average musket. Here you shall see the brave and heroic deeds done by these ordinary men, and why they were given the name of ‘The best fighting force of the Napoleon war.’

Features-
Plenty of features including – Use of bayonets, food consumption and bonus points.
Fight in a variety of intense and bloody battles across a rich and detailed map, from a magnificent full blown siege, to skirmishes and bitter mountain top battles.
Contains 5 mods (given a rating of 4.6), including a rifleman mod.
A great sound pack, including the music of Sharpe
Reload time has been increased and speed decreased for realism
A brilliantly crafted opening cinematic
A variety of objectives and bonus objectives.
And much more

Thanks to all the guys from Empire Creations (KillerTomato and Soty especially) and everyone in the EE community! Hope you enjoy this as much as I have had making it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Commando_42 Downloading now. Sounds really great, I'll play it tommorw. :D
spartasman Very,very good.
Soty
Staff
it's definitely among the best scenarios on EEH
FuzzyTheGood very nice descrition! sounds more like I'm buying a full fledged game rather than a scenario. definitely a download for me
Commando_42 HOLY CRAP!!

This is the coolest scenario ever! It was unique and entertaining, but challenging at the same time. :D
Commando_42 Sorry if that was too radical.

I was rusehd, and that was my first reaction

So, I will review this outstanding file in due time. (I need to beat it on hard!)

P.S. This this recommended for everyone.

P.S.S. My favorite part was the siege, it was very challenging.

[Edited on 03/18/08 @ 05:42 PM]

KillerTomato Alrighty Banned, I'll play your scen... IN A WEEK OR SO! Mwuahahahhahahahahaha!

Na I'll play as soon as I can find the time.
Soty
Staff
yep, the siege is definitely the best part
A Banned User
File Author
Wow thanks for all the amazing comments guys. It's stuff like that which makes me really want to design scenarios.
And nice to see someone trying it on hard, Commando! Good luck! I can win it 'quite' easily on hard, but then again I know all the best strategys and tricks XD.
And thanks for the promised review can't wait to hear your feedback!

And the siege was my favourite part to make!

[Edited on 03/19/08 @ 12:27 PM]

Commando_42
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.5
Balance4.5
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
UPDATED

Playability: 4.5
The opening cinematic set the story up great! It gives the felling that you are destined for greatness on the battlefield. I was entertained the whole game. Challenges were varying and always a surprise. I don't think you could ever get bored playing this game. Extra features; like the bayonets and telescope added to the realism of the time period (+.5)

Balance: 4 +.5 = 4.5
Depending if you played it on easy, medium, or hard affected the balance of the game. Each level required new tactics and strategy. The rations made it so you had to act quickly, or you would die. The enemy was always challenging, and you had to restart a few times to perfect your techniques. On hard, the siege was almost impossible, as well as trying to find the boats, so some people might find this very annoying. (-.5)

Update: With the extra food, it was easier to coordinate, because you were not rushed as much. Also, extra time in the siege was helpful as I was able to catch the spy.

Creativity: 5
This was one of your strongest areas. The idea of The Napoleonic Wars has been used, but the elite British riflemen were largely overlooked. And, the siege of the town (what was its name?) was very creative, with the random cannon fire, the spy, and the battle at the breach made it all the more better.

Map Design: 5
We all know banned makes great maps. But this one was awesome! It served it's porpose perfectly, and the terrain mixing was standard for him. By using the terrain on the map, you could undo the undoable with your rifleman. Good job.

Story/Instructions: 4.5 + .5 = 5
Again, excellent. Lots of history that was informative. All the hints were solid. And I was never lost on what to do.

Update: Got rid of all the extra stuff, made things more clear, and I read all the hints this time.

Additional Comments: Recommended for everyone!

[Edited on 03/28/08 @ 10:20 AM]

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.9