Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

EE - Miscellaneous Files » BOOST15673's Realism Mod Update 6

Download File Post Review Post Comment

BOOST15673's Realism Mod Update 6

Author File Description
BOOST15673 June 3rd 2021:
This realism mod is dead. I have not touched it since I uploaded this update in 2015. I have no further plans to ever continue. It may happen someday, but don't expect it. You are all free to take this mod as a base for anything you desire, with or without attribution.

It was my dream to make EE AOC as realistic as possible within the confines of the game engine that we to this day have yet to be able to update/replace. Unfortunately my dream for a realistic EE will never be accomplished it seems. Maybe one of you guys can pull it off. It's more time consuming and annoying than difficult really. A LOT to be overhauled, but not necessarily anything difficult.

I was never intending to add anything to the game, simply tweaking stats, costs, build times, etc. and fumbling around with scenario editor triggers to accomplish things impossible via hex, i.e. unit start epochs.

I also had plans to make resource tributes be done via actual units, i.e. in Epoch 12 you had to build a Cargo Plane which would actually be loaded with resources and then automatically fly to whoever was the recipient, if it gets shot down, it would drop it's load where it crashed, and anybody could use any ground unit to destroy the remaining cargo plane "corpse" (which would not dissolve/disappear until destroyed) to steal the resources. Stuff like that would depend on the epoch you're in, i.e. Epoch 1 would mean you walk the resources via a selected citizen, Epoch 15 would mean you could use the Teleporter or Colony Ship, etc. (added to Capitol via my mod already). Things like this can only be done via triggers.

Yes I had BIG plans that were quite complex and detailed. Ah well, as stated, someday maybe, but doubt worthy, my dream will stay a dream for now I guess... I apologize for letting all of you down. I guess this project was significantly bigger and more time consuming than I originally thought...

Hey Shieldwolf, you ARE the Trigger God, there CAN be more than one god! Haha, you always have been and always will be to me! :)

DESIGNED IN EMPIRE EARTH - THE ART OF CONQUEST. So it may or may not work in the original game...

July 2nd 2015:

.dat file changes:

Updated pop cap mod from 20K to 160K. This was something I should've done instead of 20K. Why? Now in 16 player games, you all will have 10K MINIMUM. This should be enough for even Gigantic maps. Not all games, but MOST games will probably not force you to need more than 10K units. Also, with a 1600 x 900 (16:9) resolution, you will BARELY be able to show thousands pop with a 5-digit pop cap aka "2132/10000" will just BARELY FIT. So remember, 16:9 resolution will not let you have anymore than 10 characters in the pop/pop cap section. So unless you get 5-digit pops with this mod, you should see your pop properly at all times no matter what, SHOULD.

Updated Sea King's base attack to 200, and Sea King II's base attack to 235, also changed "Attack Mode" value to one with the same effect, but different multiplier/resistances. Basically, the Sea King's old attack stat was 90, and it was doing like 23 or less to Subs per shot. That is now corrected, the Sea King & Sea King IIs all do the exact damage to subs that they display in their attack stat i.e. 200 attack equals 200 damage per shot to a sub. Catalina now as well does correct damage, it's attack stat remains unchanged from a previous update at 130, but now it does 130 per shot (meaning 520 total damage) against subs unlike before where it did less than 100 per shot! I hope little oversights like this never happen again, excuse my idiocracy guys!

WHAT THE HELL. The Thor & Hercules AT Guns do 1HP, ONE, damage to all Tanks! WHY!!! I went through all values I possibly could, I gave 100% effort trying to change this, but no, just no. I can NOT have them attack ground, air, building, ship and wild animal units WITHOUT them doing only 1 HP damage to Tanks! So for now, temporarily, until I find a fix or get help from EE Heaven, I must sadly revert them back to what they were before the realism mod. Now they can temporarily only attack ground, ship, building, wild animal units, but therefore at least are a threat to Tanks like they should be... Sorry guys :(

Edited the Volcano's reload rate. Now, instead of firing a ball of fire thingy every 1 - 3 seconds or so, it fires like a machine gun. Literally. This is the closest I think it can get to reality! I seem to have replaced the UFO with the Colony Ship making a fully functional 100% stable Colony Ship! Everything works by it now!! But... I took the easy way out that I didn't want to take, so I don't know if this is a worthy change, i've been on the Colony Ship since like 2012ish, but still... It is buildable starting in the Nano Age (will change to Space Age later sometime, or so is the plan at least) at the Capitol. I have also changed the Space Fighter & Planetary Fighter's projectiles.

No longer the weird inaccurate pellet things, now USEFUL red lasers! I have removed the Command Unit's weird green laser. It's just an effect, it has no use other than looks, so unless I can make the Command Unit do damage via the lasers AND missiles, I will not reactivate the laser effect. I've fixed the Lighthouse, no longer does it act awkwardly where units and buildings can't get within like 2 or 3 tiles of it as if it had an invisible wall! The Child unit, is now 100% killable by hostile units, area effects (like an atomic explosion) and by pressing the "delete" key if it's yours. Only thing that doesn't work is that the enemies seemingly don't automatically attack it even when their behaviour is set to "Aggressive". No I am not a sadist, I am a realist, this is a realism mod... Don't say children don't die in warfare in reality now! Once I enable the Child unit to be buildable, you will be able to use it to scout only, it has no attack, just HP and Speed. It even changes it's appearance through the epochs like the citizens too! :)

The B-2 Bomber now has REAL stealth capabilities, just like the Sniper! It is COMPLETELY invisible and invincible until a hostile unit is within 5 tiles of it, THEN it is destroyable.

The Spy & Espionage Headquarters unit and building are now fully functional and buildable in all modes. The Espionage Headquarter is a wonder and does the same thing as the Library of Alexandria, it reveals all hostile buildings, and attracts the AI's attention. You can build the Spy there as well. The Espionage Headquarters costs 500 Wood, Stone & Iron to build normally, but I have temporarily changed it's costs to 56237 Stone & 67481 Iron to be on par with the standard wonders. No worries, no costs, and I mean NONE for ANYTHING are finalized until the end of the mod which will be at the EARLIEST in the 2020s sometime, ok? It takes 480 in game seconds to build (this was unchanged by me), and oddly enough, it is stated as being buildable in the Imperial Age (Early Modern Age in my mod) in hex, but in game not allowed until WW2, hmm...

The Child unit has been added to the Capitol and is fully functional, it costs 20 Food and takes 12 in game seconds to build. It has no attack whatsoever, just HP & Speed meaning good for no more than scouting. I have also removed the "old" Colony Ship from the Space Dock, now the REAL FUNCTIONAL Colony Ship is the only one left buildable, which would be at the Capitol starting in the Nano Age (the default start epoch for it), it costs 800 Gold & Iron, and takes 4 in game minutes to build, it can carry an UNBELIEVABLE 1007 units!!!! Stats are the EXACT same as the Pegasus Transport, and will be changed later on, so for now, use the Colony Ship for transportation between safe areas, for hostile areas, I suggest the Pegasus simply because it costs less and has the same stats, stay tuned for realistic Colony Ship stats, she's my baby, so don't think I won't do it! :)

The Diplomat has been enabled for all game modes, just like with the Child & Citizens, it changes it's appearance through the epochs. It costs 250 Food & 100 Gold (game's default) to build, but trust me, it is NOT worth it YET. Cost and build speed have been unchanged through my mod, but will be later on. The only thing the Diplomat is better at than the Citizens is speed, and since scouting via canine scout is faster and more efficient, and the canine scout is faster than the Diplomat & Citizens, the Diplomat is 100% obsolete FOR NOW. Later on, well i'll see what I can do.

The Town Center & Capitol have their hit points updated. They double each other. What I mean is that in the 1st epoch (Lower Paleolithic Age), the Settlement has 2000HP. Now through this update, the Town Center has 4000HP, and the Capitol 8000HP.

I have changed the Shark & Dolphin's Family to that of the various Icebergs & Icefloats. They are no longer in the same family as "Fish". Why? Well when using a trigger to spawn fish in the water, per se, 100 or 200 spots (random example) spread across the map, it would also spawn WAY WAY too many Dolphins & Sharks. Now I have nothing against it, quite the contrary since it's realistic. BUT, when playing with friends, we constantly get the damn "PLAYER is out-of-sync!" on maps where I use this trigger. Other maps, without it, however, seem to work just fine. This is why I changed the family. Now with this trigger, you will only spawn Fish when choosing the "Fish" family, which SHOULD prevent any out of syncs you may get. NOTE, I have yet to find the exact cause of the OOS', until then I am convinced 100% that it had to do with the Sharks & Dolphins. Until finding the REAL reason (unless this really is the reason), I will not revert their families back. Same applies to Flies & Vermin. I have changed their class to that of the Artifact, simply for trigger conviniences.

I removed the "Attack" stat from the Palisades Walls aka put it to zero. This was an oversight on my end. I was testing to see if it would hurt units that touch it, kinda like a static melee building. However this didn't work, 0% to be exact. I forgot to remover the attack stat and have now done so.

Updated WW1 88mm AA & Digital AA Tower to have higher attack so that they are actually useful against aircraft. Also fixed the bug with the AA Tower where it wouldn't attack anything but aircraft despite me editing otherwise...

Rock Thrower now costs 30 Food & Stone (NOT Gold!).
Clubman now costs 30 Food & Wood (NOT Iron!).

Fixed a glitch where Poseidon would for some reason travel through space.

I will soon remove the area effect stats, and adjust attack stats somewhat by the Planetary & Space Fighters, no worries!

"Master Trigger" Changes:

Sound changes:

Game Text changes:

VERY IMPORTANT! = If you have overlooked it, check the "P.S.S.S." at the bottom of Update 5 in the "Update log". You will notice a fair warning that has been there since January 1st 2014. Well I did it, updated all text. No text is shortened anymore, support for 1024 x 768 resolutions has been dropped. The minimum required resolution for my mod (in terms of TEXT ONLY) is now 16:9 aka 1600 x 900. Before you complain, think about it, 4K is the new standard, and that for at least one or two years now. We are in 2015 with this update and HD (especially 16:9 monitors) are SUPER cheap. It's just like when HD came out, SD monitors started becoming obsolete and super affordable, now 4K is here, and HD is becoming obsolete and super affordable. Hey, I play on a 1920 x 1080 resolution (Full HD), be happy I don't make the minimum resolution requirement 1920 x 1080! I am a fair guy ya know, hehehe.

Thanks to some knowledgable guys on EE Heaven, I have changed the names of Talon Fighter/Bomber & Jackal Fighter to "F/A-37 Talon" and "F-35 Lightning II" respectively. Thanks guys! All help appreciated!

Changed "Prehistoric to Dark Ages", "Middle Ages to Industrial Age", "Atomic Age to Nano Age" to the following:
"Lower Paleolithic Age (Oldowan) to Early Middle Ages", "High Middle Ages to Industrial Revolution", "World War 1 to Nano Age"

Changed "House - Asian", "House - Prehistoric", "House - Stone", "House - Copper", "House - Bronze", "House - Dark", "House - Middle Ages", "House - Renaissance", "House - Imperial", "House - Industrial", "House - Atomic", "House - Digital", "House - Nano", "House - Space" to the following:
"Asian House", "Lower Paleolithic House", "Middle Paleolithic House", "Neolithic House", "Bronze House", "Early Middle Ages House", "High Middle Ages House", "Late Middle Ages House", "Early Modern House", "Industrial House", "World War 1 House", "Digital House", "Nano House", "Space House"

"Cleaned and simplified" all naval units' names that I DO NOT have real-life names for. For example "Battleship - Copper" is changed to "Neolithic Battleship" to conform with the updated epoch names, and also be less, well... awkward. I mean come on, who calls their ships stuff like Battleship - USA, no no no, it would be more like "US Battleship" or something ya know? Updated building names like "Granary - Improved" to "Improved Granary" for example. Also updated some hero names. Almost all were correct, but some weren't, for example "Hierakles" is in reality, in Greek "Heracles". Fixed typos by some objects, for example "Iceberg1" is now "Iceberg 1", pointless change you may think, but I am a perfectionist, haha! Removed "Flowers" category completely, meaning it's no longer called "Flowers - Roses", but instead just plain "Roses", shouldn't be THAT bad of a change right? Sheesh. For now I will leave the "Tree" category since most of us don't know trees by heart, or so I would think. If I ever get corrected on this, I will get rid of the Tree category in the same way I did with the Flowers category ok? I won't forget it, I can 100% guarantee you that! Changed "RADAR Center" to "Radar Center", like, honestly? WTF guys, I shouldn't have to change this! Changed ALL instances of textual battle cries. For example "Black Prince - Battle Cry" to "Black Prince's Battle Cry". Why make things awkward Sierra? Keep this odd text to hex, NOT in-game text!

Removed "(Oldowan)", "(Aterian)", "(Renaissance)" from the epochs "Lower Paleolthic Age", "Middle Paleolithic Age", "Late Middle Ages" due to finding that these names were used in different eras than the ones that EE is using. For example the Lower Paleolithic Age defines the earliest evidence of craft and use of stone tools, which is what EE's Prehistoric Age is. The Late Middle Ages, well they're just called that, without the added "(Renaissance)" part.

When you choose to play a game with "Custom Civs" unchecked, and you open the civ selection screen after the game loads, you know how you have four lists each with certain amounts of civs, and these lists define the era that these civs span from, for example "Digital Age to Space Age" and listed is Korea, Japan, etc.? Yeah, well I changed the third list. The third list says something along the lines of "Atomic - WW1 to Nano Age", this conflicts with the fourth list that says "Digital Age to Space Age" as you can tell. I thought it was odd, so I checked the lists, and get this, Sierra or Mad Doc, one of those two, made an EMBARRASSING mistake! In the third list, it has civ bonuses for stuff like Tanks, Siege Weapons, Building, etc., but NOT "Cyber - Ultra" or "Cyber - Combat". The fourth list however, ALL civs have these two civ bonuses, Japan even has "Spaceships" and "Space Fighters" as civ bonuses too! So what I did was simple, I realized the third list needed to be renamed, ZERO civs in that list had any Digital or Nano Age bonuses like Cybers per se. Same goes for the civ special powers! Anyways, so I changed the name from "World War 1 to Nano Age" to "World War 1 to Information Age". Now it spans the three atomic ages like it should, and there is no conflictions anywhere whatsoever. Not to mention, all six civs in this third list, were noteworthy ones or ones that played some sort of big role between 1914 & 2000, gosh, what an embarrassing mistake it was in the devs' hands! YOU'RE WELCOME! :)

Now for some awesome info, no seriously. I managed to extend the epoch names even further. Now, thanks to finding out that three epoch names are shorter than I originally had them, umm, well, just look above at the sixth text change modification note aka paragraph, you'll see what I mean. Anyways, thanks to that, I am now able to fit the era span behind ALL 15 epoch names! Isn't that awesome? Now, for example, the name will no longer say the plain and boring "Bronze Age", no! Instead it will say "Bronze Age (3300 B.C. - 600 B.C.)"! This is good because now you guys will constantly see the era span, and may after a while remember it, and BAM! You guys just learned some history facts! Hehe, what better way to learn than through a game you love? I think it looks MUCH better with this addition!
NOTE: You will need a MINIMUM of 1600 x 900 (16:9) monitor resolution for this to display properly and not get cut off, the biggest epoch name with this update is "Lower Paleolithic Age (2,500,000 B.C. - 300,000 B.C.)" and just BARELY fits properly! Trust me, if you do NOT have a widescreen monitor aka a minimum of 16:9 resolution, it will be cut-off and look bad. But, come to think of it, IT'S 2015 for crying out loud! How can you NOT have an old 16:9 monitor by now? Come on now it's not as hard to get or rarish as 4K or 8K ya know!

Changed the Leopard Tank's to "Leopard 1A1" thanks to getting an updated name from a best friend. He is a heavyweight in terms of militarial knowledge, so a very trustworthy source!

Changed the following animals' names to their real ones:
Dolphin = Bottlenose Dolphin
Eagle = Bald Eagle
Deer = White-tailed Deer
Horse = Skewbald Pinto Horse
Elephant = African Elephant
Tiger = Indian Tiger
Shark = Great White Shark
Wolf = Gray Wolf
NOTE: I could not find proper names for all animals, I did the best I could, if I find names for the others, like the Chicken & Walrus per se, I will update them. Also note that Gray Wolf IS called Gray Wolf since in reality, they CAN be brown colored just like in EE. Please tell me if I have any animals improperly named and give me some sources to confirm my mistake! :)

The following units now have their FULL REAL names (according to Wikipedia for the most part):
Mercedes-Benz 770k = Mercedes-Benz 770k Staff Car
P-51 Mustang = North American P-51 Mustang
P-80 Shooting Star = Lockheed P-80 Shooting Star
B-2 Spirit Stealth Bomber = Northrop Grumman B-2 Spirit
Boeing AH-64A Apache = McDonnell Douglas AH-64A Apache
Fairchild Republic A-10 = Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II
122 mm howitzer M1938 = 122 mm howitzer M1938 (M-30)
305 mm howitzer M1939 = 305 mm howitzer M1939 (Br-18)
F-35 Lightning II = Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II
Catapult Ship = High Middle Ages Catapult Ship

Removed double space from Shock, Pierce, Gun, Missle, Laser unit tabs. For example instead of saying "Pierce + 1" or "Pierce At Maximum", it used to say "Pierce + 1" or "Pierce At Maximum". Has been annoying me for YEARS, nothing special, but still a positive change! Also, you're not missing anything, the "Missile" stat is a cut one. It can be activated, but other than that I personally know nothing about it. I just updated the text by this stat as well for the future, saves time and annoyance! Also removed double spaces from "Unit Exceeds Pop Limit ", "You can't play a game with only one player. Please add a computer player." and decapitalized aka properly grammar...itized "Maximum Number of Improvements have been Reached" & "Not Enough Resources to Research this Technology".

Texture changes:

WONLobby Resources changes:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Replacing .dat folders:

Be sure to put all ".dat" files in The Art of Conquest/Data/db (If folder doesn't exist, then create it)

Where to put "Models" folder:
Art of Conquest/Data/ (This is a necessity because missing these files or having them changed has the same effect as the .dat files in the sense that it changes the game version) if somebody else has this folder & both files inside it but you don't, game versions will never match, trust me, I speak out of experience...)

Replacing Sound Effects:

Be sure to put all ".wav" and/or ".mp3" files in Empire Earth/Data/Sounds (NOT The Art of Conquest)

Replacing Textures:

Place the "textures" folder in The Art of Conquest/Data/.

Replacing Multiplayer Lobby Backgrounds:

Place the pictures in the "Images" folder in Art of Conquest/Data/WONLobby Resources/Images. DO NOT just simply place the "Images" folder in WONLobby Resources! When placing the pictures from that folder in the WONLobby Resources/Images folder, replace if asked.

Replacing the "_LobbyResource.cfg" file:

Go into the Art of Conquest's main directory, NOT the original Empire Earth's. Into "Data", then into "WONLobby Resources". In there you should find and replace that file. If you encounter problems, like the text doesn't show up or is messed up, then instead, delete the original file, and THEN put in my modded one.

Replacing the Language.dll file:

Go into the Art of Conquest's main directory, NOT the original Empire Earth's. You will find the file there, do NOT replace it, delete the original file, and then place my modded file in there. If you replace it, then the text will either not be replaced, or will be messed up. This was created using an American Language.dll file, so it may not work on foreign game versions.

Updating the "Master Trigger":

Go into the Art of Conquest's main directory, NOT the original Empire Earth's. The same as where you find the above stated Language.dll file. In there place the two files "ScenarioTriggers.scn" & "ScenarioTriggers.txt". (NOTE: If you have your own triggers saved then this will not work, you can only have one trigger setup saved at a time.) That's it! If you have any of my older versions of these two files, DELETE THEM FIRST, then place the new updated ones in their place, or you may risk something not getting properly replaced. Maybe this only happens to me, but why take the chance right?

ALSO VERY IMPORTANT! Now, it may be tedious, but must be done, in order to make the trigger work, do the following:
Start any game you like, save it, go to AOC's main directory -> Data -> Saved Games and find the game you just saved. Copy it and bring it over to the "Scenarios" folder, also located in the "Data" folder. Paste it in there, rename the extension to ".scn". Open EE AOC, go to the scenario editor, when in there click on the folder at the bottom left (hover your mouse over it and it should say something like "Load") DO NOT click on one that says "Quick Load". Load your saved game. (If you do not want to see the map or anything, I would suggest covering up the map in the bottom right hand corner with a book or game or something, then zoom in all the way so that you are staring at the ground and see nothing, easier done than said) Press "Ctrl + L" to load my 'Master Trigger' and click on the little icon that looks like a thermometer/switch of sorts. You will see the triggers are loaded. Now, simply click on the floppy disk (NOT THE ONE WITH THE ARROW ON IT!), if you did it right, you will open a "Save" window. Type in a name, or overwrite the save game you just loaded, and click save. Exit the scenario editor and EE AOC. Go back to your "Scenarios" folder and find the file you just saved that has my 'Master Trigger' in it. Copy it or drag it, and bring it to the "Saved Games" folder, put it in there, and if you have a same named file, DELETE IT FIRST, THEN PLACE YOUR NEW FILE IN THERE, DO NOT REPLACE IT VIA WINDOWS PROMPT! Rename the extension to ".ees", load up EE AOC and the saved game and it SHOULD work! BAM! There ya go! Once you have these steps down pat aka don't need to read here, you can do all this within 2 min. or less depending on how fast you and your computer is!

P.S. - I now made a mod for 15 MILLION pop cap, which is now included. Choose which you prefer, this file with 15 MILLION pop cap and nothing else, or my file with 160,000 pop cap, 20 starting citizens default, and 10 miners max, more than the original 6 miners max.

P.S.S. - The way my realism mod is going is simple. Realism > Balance. I don't care if the game becomes unbalanced, all I care about is realism in this mod! Simple to remember guys! So don't complain about balancing PLEASE. Also on a more important note, unit stats AND costs will NEVER be final UNTIL the end of the realism mod aka the last update or so. So realize this unless stated otherwise in the changes log...

P.S.S.S. - VERY IMPORTANT!!! If I don't forget (which is very likely haha) then starting 2020 I will NO LONGER support 1600 x 900 resolution for text. I will give every unit it's realistic name regardless of length for as big as my monitor's resolution is supported. So if you STILL play on 1600 x 900 resolution or lower in 2020, TOO BAD! This warning here was posted and has been here since February 2nd 2015.

P.S.S.S.S. - The realism mod will most likely not be 100% complete until the 2020s sometime, and that is only a "shot in the dark" aka a very very vague estimate. (Unless you include my want for Fully Immersive Virtual Reality support, then it may not be until the 2040s!!!!)

P.S.S.S.S.S. - The changes are NOT categorized, I list them in order of the time they happened, example being "I found a glitch here that I may not be able to fix, sorry guys :(" then later in the text document, "The glitch with _____ has been fixed for good now!" Yeah, I don't update or delete any text ok? That's why you may find my list of changes a bit odd at times!
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Soty
Staff
Is this file an updated version of the previous 2?
BOOST15673
File Author
Yes, but the update button does not seem to work, when updating the file, the page updates it, but before it finishes, the browser just closes, resulting in updating not possible.
piro92 hi, how can i have special unit from editor in a normal gameplay?
BOOST15673
File Author
That is simple or annoying depending on what you mean.

If you want it for a random map, then you simply start the game and save it. Then in the game's main directory, in the "Saved Games" folder search for your file. change the extension to ".scn", and place it in the "Scenarios" folder. Open it in the Scenario Editor, go to the "Player" tab, then "Tech Tree", then enable or disable technologies for each player (in the drop down menu), however you want!

If you mean via hex editing aka, so it is permanent, then say so and I shall explain that also despite it being since 2011 that I haven't done that.
spit4brains hey got a few problems with your mod or maby i did somthing wrong... Cant upgrade aircraft,tanks,ships(blue sword above unit) after epoc upgrade, the upgrade "buttons" are missing... please cant you leave the pop cost of some things alone cause i realised that i can only have one bomber in a airfield because its popcost is 10 unless you can do what you did with the aircraft carrier which now can carry more planes but the same goes for other units with crazy popcosts... thanks!!
spit4brains okay I figured most of my mistake(s) out it was all in the triggers so sorry for that...I also changed the b-17 bombers 10popcost so i can have more bombers and i realised its only in ww2 that there is a crazy popcost on it. Now im up against another problem airports stop produceing all together after a while, when the plane runs out of fuel it simply falls out of the sky and airports wont make any more(this happens even when i left the b17 alone) however i dont know if the aircraft carrier has anything to do whith it meaning it appears to happen as soon as your aircraft carrier starts producing planes or has reached 7 or more...all other things appear to work throughout the game
BOOST15673
File Author
@spit4brains:

About upgrading, I removed the upgrade buttons altogether for all machine units because in reality, let's take the P-51 as an example. In reality, once America got the F-15s, all our P-51s didn't just magically disappear, and those in service didn't just magically turn into F-15s. Since there is no way to upgrade P-51s into F-15s individually, I got rid of the upgrade buttons. This change by me is quite controversial as you can imagine.

Pop cost I will not leave alone, it's a realism mod, not a balance mod or a "change for the better" mod. Not trying to sound mean or anything, but by my realism mod, it's realism or nothing. I'm still on the search for some realistic hangar transport capacities. I know as a fact that there are some hangars in reality that can hold multiple B-29s or B-17s per se, but I need numbers, and they have to look like the WW1 Airport or else it's a no go. Been searching for over a year. Until then, the airports stay at 15 transport capacity.

About the B-17's pop cost:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_B-17_Flying_Fortress#Specifications_.28B-17G.29

Airports not producing units anymore seems to be a problem with AOC in general. I have had this problem myself every now and then before the realism mod was made. I have noticed that if I close AOC and then reload the save after re-opening, that it sometimes fixes it. Although this is oddly enough rare that this glitch happens to me, hmm...

About the planes falling out of the sky, that's because airports are full. Either you have 15/15 in the airport that the plane came from, or maybe 14/15 and are producing a unit that costs 3 pop. Maybe 6/15 and one that needs 10 pop, like the B-29.

Hmm? The Enterprise can carry 80 planes, and the Nexus 90, stopping at 7 or so doesn't make sense. I have never had this problem before, only with airports, never carriers. I think it has to do with the same origin as by the airport. So fixing one should fix both. But as stated above, seriously 1/40 games or so does this glitch happen to me. Even when it does happen, I have no idea how to fix it. My realism mod MIGHT make this happen more often, or more extremely, but I have personally noticed no difference myself.
Cip_Ri I wait for next update.(if you create next update)
Because I want more experience!
I like your works!
So good luck!
L4RRy Hi dude,
i cannot find the other updates 1 till 5... or update 6 includs all changes and textures?
BOOST15673
File Author
Every update is simply an addition. Each update has every previous update within it. So yes, update 6 here has everything from 1 - 5 in it. There are not 6 versions of the mod, for example, simply 6 updates over the years to the single mod.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:1,172
Favorites: [Who?]2
Size:17.35 MB