Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

EE - Multiplayer Scenarios » JUNTA Scenario v1.27

Download File Post Review Post Comment

JUNTA Scenario v1.27

Author File Description
Grand Inquisitor JUNTA is a scenario for 4 players who will be generals of a little and corrupt island republic. The goal is it to bring as much money (gold) as possible on your save account in Switzerland. For this you have to occupy both military and civil buildings and/or try to become the president who benefits from the international developement aides.

In the struggle for the republic's money all means are allowed: Forge permanent alliances just to break them some minutes later, overtake buildings in fast paced military operations, use spies to incite revolts or to steal money from another player or biological weapons...

Warning: This scenario is VERY complex and thus only fun for people who have enough patience to learn about a new game style. But this complexity will help you to discover many insidous tactics.

How to Play: Copy the file in your SAVED GAMES directory and create a multiplayer game for 4 players with the names: =Blue=, =Red=, =Orange= and =Violet=. Once all players are in the game-room, select the saved game and the file will be distributed among all players. Then you can start to play... have fun!
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
_o0XxX0o_
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance3.0
Creativity3.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Creativity> great
Map design> average to poor
playability> good to average
Instructions> ABOMINABLE!!!! TERRIBLE!!!

Everytime I play this no one knows how to win!

NO instructions on what things do.

Great scenario that SUCKS!!!
Even ur instructions on how to play this gmae that u have here SUCK BIGTIME!!!!

INCLUDE SOME WHERE, WHAT THINGS HAPPEN IN A CAUSE AND EFFECT FASHON!

It's complicated cause nowhere anywhere is there a guide on what u do in this scenario!

[Edited on 02/22/05 @ 02:49 PM]

Grand Inquisitor
File Author
I understand your concerns, but the thing with the instructions is in fact a bit complicated.

In the older versions I decided to bring all the instructions at the beginning in a dialogue and prevented the players from playing until the instructions finished.

I had some negative feedback with that. 1st: Some people just want to start a game and learn and dont want to be forced to read all the instructions before they can start.
2nd: After playing the scenario a second time with the same people, they got bored to see all the instructions again for 4 minutes or more (yes, this scenario has alot of rules)

So I decided to bring the rules in little chunks of chat messages each 30 seconds. This allowed people to right start with gaming or just reading the most important rules at the beginning and eventhough learning everything about the game with the time. Yes, EVERY single detail is included in the help messages that come in the first minutes of the game. If someone is really interested in learning everything he just can play and read the chat history after a while.

So I wouldnt say that there are no instructions at all. Contrarily, ALL instructions will be given... just in another manner as in most other scenarios. I think it must be like this, because the number of specials and rules is immense.

I think when I have the time, I will write all the rules together and put them in a readme. Just never thought of it because most people wont read a readme before playing a multiplayer scenario they just got online. Normally I explained things in the lobby, but right... here it is and need a read me :)

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance3.0
Creativity3.0