Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Stalingrad

Author File Description
Intrepid Introduction

Prepare to enter one of the bloodiest and longest battles of the Eastern Front. Begin the battle in August of 1942 and try to prevent Stalingrad from falling into German hands. Fight in a city practically reduced to rubble with citizens fleeing and barbwire as far as the eye can see.

Gameplay

This scenario does not in anyway resemble a normal scenario. There have been massive overhauls done to several units in the game, so be forewarned how you usually conduct yourself in battle will not be effective in this scenario.

You begin the scenario with a small force of Soviet units; your goal is to conquer the city back from the Germans. Throughout the city there are 6 strategic points a flag symbolizes each point. It takes six units to capture a point. To take control of the city you must control all 6 of these points. However, the same also goes for the German forces. If they control all 6 points they take control of Stalingrad. If you successfully take control of all six points you will have defeated the Germans and subsequently won the scenario. If the Germans control all 6 points they are the victors.

During the game a menu screen will constantly meet you. This screen allows you to choose your reinforcements. You have five choices when it comes to what kind of division you want.

- Light Infantry: This division is composed of a lot quick moving units
- Heavy Infantry: This division is composed of a moderate amount of slow moving heavy infantry units.
- Anti Infantry: This division contains units who have the express purpose of countering infantry divisions.
- Tank: This division is the only division that contains the tank unit.
- Anti Tank: The sole purpose of this division is to counter tank divisions.

The German forces will also be receiving reinforcements in the form of divisions. However, due to their superiority in weapons and numbers the reinforcements they received will be far more substantial then the Soviet ones.

www.scnpunk.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Krazy Munkey This is a great campaign. It is one of the funnest ones i have played.

Good work, InTrEpId.

Rating removed - Kor

[Edited on 02/23/05 @ 06:19 AM]

GeneralGrant
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
This is one of the best EE scenarios that I've played, and I recommend it.

Playability- The Germans had a good AI, pushing your army back and trying to capture the objectives. I didn't have to restart on medium, but it did take a while to finish.

Creativity- There haven't been many "capture this objective" scenarios, so that was good. The rocket launcher was also creative (how did that work?).

Map Design- Stalingrad looked realistic, with cars, people, and trucks moving, a mix of buildings and terrains, and refugees.

Story/Instructions- You knew exactly what to do, with clear instructions throughout the game. There were unit explanations, and some history. There were no in-game hints, but it was straight-forward.

Two qucik questions- What happend to the ScnPunk website, and I thought EEPunk was retired. Did it start up again?
Intrepid
File Author
Introduction

Prepare to enter one of the bloodiest and longest battles of the Eastern Front. Begin the battle in August of 1942 and try to prevent Stalingrad from falling into German hands. Fight in a city practically reduced to rubble with citizens fleeing and barbwire as far as the eye can see.

Gameplay

This scenario does not in anyway resemble a normal scenario. There have been massive overhauls done to several units in the game, so be forewarned how you usually conduct yourself in battle will not be effective in this scenario.

You begin the scenario with a small force of Soviet units; your goal is to conquer the city back from the Germans. Throughout the city there are 6 strategic points a flag symbolizes each point. It takes six units to capture a point. To take control of the city you must control all 6 of these points. However, the same also goes for the German forces. If they control all 6 points they take control of Stalingrad. If you successfully take control of all six points you will have defeated the Germans and subsequently won the scenario. If the Germans control all 6 points they are the victors.

During the game a menu screen will constantly meet you. This screen allows you to choose your reinforcements. You have five choices when it comes to what kind of division you want.

- Heavy Infantry: This division is composed of a moderate amount of slow moving heavy infantry units.
- Anti Infantry: This division contains units who have the express purpose of countering infantry divisions.

The German forces will also be receiving reinforcements in the form of divisions. However, due to their superiority in weapons and numbers the reinforcements they received will be far more substantial then the Soviet ones.

www.scnpunk.com
Lord Kevin I liked it. Very FUN and CREATIVE. I liked the flak truck that shot missiles. Stalingrad is a great idea!

Rating removed - Kor

[Edited on 02/23/05 @ 06:19 AM]

VODarkPortal WOW! This is fantastic! You haveve really put an outstanding amount of time and effort into this, and it certainly is one of the best I've played as well.

You've kinda inspired me with the flak hal. firing missiles technique, as well as all the fine details on the map. Man, I hope you make more like this.

A very unique and inventive scenario indeed.

Rating removed - Kor

[Edited on 02/23/05 @ 06:21 AM]

spoonempire0 This is an exellent scenario! BRAVO!

Rating removed - Kor

[Edited on 02/23/05 @ 06:20 AM]

jte A very good scenario. But a little point is that if you skip the cinematics by pressing ESC, you don't get the other objectives and the full map visibility remains intact. Something like a cinematic-cleanup trigger would do. The instructions are quite long, that's also something that could be improved. For the rest, this is one of the best scenarios I ever played.

Rating removed - Kor

[Edited on 02/23/05 @ 06:20 AM]

Intrepid
File Author
Introduction

Gameplay

www.scnpunk.com
Intrepid
File Author
Updated Version
Here is what has been changed, altered, added, etc… to Stalingrad; enjoy.

- The problem relating to receiving an extra battalion of light infantry forces after receiving the Katashuya rocket launcher has been fixed
- AA guns have been made much more deadly so actually getting some AA gun operators is worth your resources
- The recommended game speed has been changed to 1.00 after significant testing
- Bugs relating to cinematics have been fixed (i.e. the bug that caused visibility to remain on after certain scripted sequences)
- More eye candy has been added to the city
- The main instructions have now been added to the objectives board
- Both Soviet and German tanks can now run people over

Planag Patzy All I can say is WOW!!!! Wonderful, download it
now!!! Planag Patzy P.S. E-mail me how to do that
rocket launcher truck in detail, I'm making a new
kind of ship and that would be helpful.Planag
Patzy

Rating removed - Kor

[Edited on 02/23/05 @ 06:21 AM]

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment