Author File Description
Gweilo2
File Details
# of Episodes: 3
# of Cities: 1
Difficulty: Very Hard
Custom Maps: Yes
Minimap:
By the later half of the 3rd century BCE, the Warring States period was drawing to its bloody climax. The kingdom of Qin had laid the foundation to rise above its rivals, when, in 247 BCE, a thirteen year-old boy named Ying Zheng was coronated as Qin's new king. Construction of his Royal Tomb at Mount Li began soon thereafter. The project was massive, and would take decades to complete.

Meanwhile, the years passed. Ying Zheng grew into his manhood armed with a martial spirit and a consuming obsession. He had sworn a vow that had never before been dared - to defeat the remaining rival kingdoms and unify the Middle Kingdom under his sole rule. At the age of twenty-one, he assumed full control of Qin, and his ruthless ambition was unleashed.

Over the next seventeen years, Ying Zheng guided the Qin war machine in many wars of conquest. Finally in 221 BCE the last rival kingdom surrendered. Ying Zheng's vow had been fulfilled, and for the first time in history the Middle Kingdom bowed low before one man. So great was this achievement that the king took a new title - 'Qin Shi Huang', or 'First Emperor'.

The reign of Qin Shi Huang was destined to only last for 11 years. However, much was accomplished during that short time. New policies were implemented, and old policies were changed (or eliminated). Massive new building projects were begun.

Not the least of these projects was continuing the work on Qin Shi Huang's Royal Tomb. No expense was spared in preparing for his 'Eternal Journey'. In addition to a grand tumulus, an entire army was built in replica and placed in an underground vault nearby. This 'Spirit Army' would protect the emperor forever. When his death came suddenly in 210 BCE, Qin Shi Huang was entombed in the grand tumulus at Mount Li.

In this campaign a player will undertake the assignment of building the burial monuments at Mount Li. This will be a challenging task in the midst of the final years of Qin's wars of conquest. Success will depend on maintaining a careful balance of resource allocation, trade, and diplomacy. Many aspects of city management will require micromanagement, either to lesser or greater degrees.

A player will interact with 12 historically-accurate cities. Resources, commodities, and available structures follow the Emperor model for the Iron Age. This campaign features a new custom map of original design, and 'enormous' size. Sabotage by spies has been disallowed in this campaign, although spies can still be used for information gathering.

For chronological continuity, this campaign should be played just after concluding 'The Mighty Qin' campaign.

One extra file is included in the download package. It is a text file 'TEJOQSH_Readme.txt', which contains installation instructions, historical background information, campaign design notes, general play tips, and mission hints (warning: contains spoilers).

IMPORTANT NOTE: This campaign is rated 'Very Hard', and is designed to provide a solid challenge to advanced players. For the best play experience, a player should possess an advanced understanding of time-constrained missions, money management, trading, labor allocation, monument construction, summoning and using the Heroes, and empire-map diplomacy. Generally speaking, this is a peaceful campaign.

Missions Teasers: (note: all missions use a time limit goal)

Mission 1 - 'The Consecration of Mount Li' - 8 years, from 246 BCE to the end of 239 BCE

Mission 2 - 'An Eternal Army for the Journey' - 18 years, from 238 BCE to the end of 221 BCE

Mission 3 - 'An Eternal Palace for the Journey' - 11 years, from 220 BCE to the end of 210 BCE
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
RJ66
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance3.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 3
It is playable, but it will take a few trys using pre-knowledge. There is a differance between very hard and chaotic confusion.

Balance: 3
Major problem was the ridiculous famine requests started in mission 2. Really, 2 warehouses plus some is a bit much. If your that hungry then starve to death already. 108 sripted events in mission 2, perhaps too many.

Creativity: 4
Major problem was the wacky scripting started in mission 2. Trade changes, dwindling imports, being requested of wood when I had to import it and one of the cities kept getting mad at me only to ally with me later for no reason, and asking for troops despite the fact that I only had 1 fort buildable.

(edit: raised to 4 because I was originally a bit harsh)

Map Design: 5
I didn't see the dragon. A pregnant pissing snake, then a seahorse, then a rooster or other fowl.

Story/Instructions: 4
Much of the mission 1 breifing was about the imagery and how a tumulus was to be built in a special spot. I was a bit confused when starting mission 2. Did someone misplace the body or did the chapters get shuffled. Luckily the text file cleared things up.

[Edited on 07/13/10 @ 05:10 PM]

SeaWorld
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance3.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
RJ you are confused... "love the pause key" and then Love the speed key.

Playability: 4
Fabulous, you got to know your heroes. Then harness all their abilities. Crazy famine requests need Shen Nong. Satisfies all food requests. Xi Wa is a princess for monument construction. and never forget you can always build lots and lots of labour camps and guilds.

Balance: 3
Great juggle between import manufacturing and export. and then keeping all systems go to avoid ceramic collapses. Clear on the reintroduction of trading partners in Mission 3.

A ten strong attack is rookie for a cavalry fort, Huang Di, 4 towers and defensive bonus.

Next time i'll opt for the production bonus for the laquer that i can "grow".

Creativity: 4
Clever. Anticipation is key.

Wierd playing on import of all raw materials, takes some getting use to.

Map Design: 5
Sea traders a little far. can't really export and the wood takes weeks to get to the tumulus.

Story/Instructions: 5
When we opening the tumulus? I want to know what is really inside.

Drawn in again and i'm glad we escaped with the bribe at the end.

Much better than surrender (Annam Campaign if my memory is correct)

Additional Comments:
Stunning day at the office.

Thanks, more fun than Shaolin Monastery's 31 year time limit
Gweilo2
Staff
File Author
SeaWorld, thanks for the review!
Gweilo2
Staff
File Author
For you newer players: in the Emperor Heaven Gallery there is an album of screenshots from the playtesting of this campaign. It contains spoilers so view at your own risk! Here is the link to it: http://emperor.heavengames.com/gallery/album14

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.5
Balance3.0
Creativity4.0