Author File Description
user3
File Details
Origin: Custom
Score: 523
Population: 572
Difficulty: Very Hard
Minimap:
Two save points, Prebuild & Endgame(Aug), victory in Sept(19months).

I broke the 'never use Residential Gates in your housing loop' rule of thumb advice. Used multi-Company(2) per fort exploit. Used Huang Di too.

Quick and fun mission.
?Why is the Ceramics Shop buildable?
Look at the mission flow; isn't there 4 Cities(not 3)? M1-M4 aren't continuations, the rest seem to be.
I'm a bit confused with the Paper/Steel issue you have. Nippon weapons were Iron with a steel edge from the tempering process(lard/clay application) which gave them greater flexibility(doesn't break but flexes more).[shrug] OK, greater workforce demand with logging sheds for player challenge. Disallow paper in all missions/campaign if you want the Tax Office to use Wood. Paper would be needed only if the player is making IOUs(paper money).
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Gweilo2
Staff
user3, you have shared some great observations here that I believe should be reposted as comments under the campaign download itself. Hope you will consider doing that so Armel may notice and perhaps make revisions to the campaign.
Armel I love your points User3!

The ceramic Shop is an issue that needs to be corrected. And It's true, there are 4 maps, not 3. It is a mistake in the file information because as you will see, My perspective over Kanazawa was like a Monastery and not a town, and so, It stupidly confused me when putting the data.
I'm in a little life complication now, but soon I will release the v2.0 with the promised leader/towns fully japanese for campaign creators, and I will check the buildings allowed for this missions (as the ceramic shop shouldn't be available in First Kobe), also I will modify the number of cities in the download page info.
If you have time, I want to continue adding corrections from your gameplay, that I'm very grateful to you for doing it.
Also, About the Iron/paper issue, I wanted to reflect the different Japanese times with the technics. When the first weapons became to be made in the Japanese Archipelago, It's true that they used both Iron and Copper, but the steel technic (That Japanese later would refine to the maximum) entered in Japan a little bit later.
With the paper and wood for taxes I wanted to do the same, not because when the Japanese started to collect taxes, the paper wasn't available, It's because they were creating a burochratic system at the same time they started to adopt Chinese technics and to dominate one to others into bigger chefdoms. That's the cause that I had problems, as I wanted to reflect a progression in military and administrative techniques.

Seriously, User3, I'm very grateful and happy with your first points, and I'm excited to see a new one. And I promise you that soon (hope during this week) your points will be integrated in the campaign.

Thank you,

PS- I want to speak more about Zeus-Japanese mod that you propose in the campaign donwload section, but I don't know which is the right place to do it.

[Edited on 10/06/17 @ 02:49 AM]

Gweilo2
Staff
Armel, it is fine to post messages about a Zeus/Japanese game mod in the forum named 'Zeus Adventure Design'. Or if you are not sure which game to mod, then put it in The Town Square forum.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:30
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:326.84 KB
Added:10/05/17