You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Suggestions for expansion pack?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 01-06-04 08:33 AM EDT (US)   
Maybe its a bit early, or a thread which is similar to this has existed but maybe we could post our suggestions here to let those working on the x-packs know what we want...?

For me, i think it would be nice to make the med to imperial civs more so-called "related" to the WW1-WW2 civs. For example, when England epoches to WW1 into USA, They can upgrade their Regulars into Doughboys... Similarly, When England epoches to UK in WW1, they can upgrade their Regulars into Tommys...

Also, When u epoch into WW1, u might get a unique unit from ur med - imp civ... When i say that, i mean, for example, when u were the Franks in Med to imp, When u epoch to, say, Germany, u keep maybe the montgolfier balloon and still can build it in the siege factory BUT u get to upgrade it into an observaton balloon(which still sprays propoganda ). This works for other WW1 civs as well... but only if u were Franks in Med to Imp. Other uniques might include upgrading the English Barge into a repair boat and the Korean Supply wagon into a Supply Truck.

Also it will be good if WW1 civs can keep some of the attributes of their Medieval to Imperial civs they upgraded from...

I dunno if these are good suggestions, but i find them quite good to enhancing gameplay (and i hope u understand what im typing above ).

EDIT : I thought it would be good if they included Japan... in the x-pack... (for medieval to WW2) So we could see Zero fighters and more samurai

Also, i dunno the the consequences of adding an industrial age... but i thought i would like to see it...? 8)

[This message has been edited by Space_trader (edited 01-06-2004 @ 08:50 AM).]

Replies:
posted 01-06-04 09:41 AM EDT (US)     1 / 50  

Quote:

I thought it would be good if they included Japan...

Yeah, yeah, Aircraft Carrier - Akagi(Red Castle) or Kaga(Increased Joy) or Shokaku(Happy Crane) or Hiryu(Flying Dragon) or Zuikaku(Lucky Crane) or Soryu(Green Dragon).

Aichi 3A2 Val(bomb under fusilage and bomb under each wing, carrier-borne, single-engine dive bomber), Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero(bomb under each wing, carrier-borne fighter), Nakajima B5N2 Kate(torpedo or bomb, single-engine torpedo bomber).

and

Mini-subs

Matthew 5:11

[This message has been edited by YaRiTe (edited 01-06-2004 @ 10:03 AM).]

posted 01-06-04 09:44 AM EDT (US)     2 / 50  
Modern age: just like empire earth,
and more ships, like anti air ships
posted 01-06-04 10:18 AM EDT (US)     3 / 50  
though I love the more modern ages in the game, as well as the earlier ages, I think I'm more looking forward to an xpack which will cover the ages before the Middle ones. That would suit me just fine.

Come back strong like the powered-up pacman.
posted 01-06-04 02:02 PM EDT (US)     4 / 50  
by marketing it will be the antik times, for sure.
Third X-pack will be modern times and future, i guess.
But i really hope, next to marketing strategies, already released ages will get more units, too. For example indo times.

Just being dreaming: Why not open Empires for community made units? Maybe just a folder where to copy into or an 'integraion' wizard. It was really fun to hack own units and mods in games as e.g. SWAT ...
By marketing strategy this could of course only be part of the last x-pack ;-)

posted 01-06-04 03:14 PM EDT (US)     5 / 50  
I hope they don't make any new ages. Five is more than enough. Why don't they just focus on the exsisting ages by adding new civilizations (Germans are missing in Med-Imp, good one to add)?

-iceemaker
(>^.^)>-----Hello-----<(^.^< )
posted 01-06-04 03:22 PM EDT (US)     6 / 50  
Aye I'd like to see a Med-Imp Germany (i.e. Prussia or Austria) and perhaps the UK could have the option of becoming the US at Imp age with another age added onto the US. I'd also like to see an Ottoman/Turkish Civ in Med-Imp. In addition to that, I'd just like to see some more units and some improvements to Sea combat.

Also, something I would like to see (for the Russians) is a randomization of models(i.e. Male and Female) with Conscripts and Snipers, similar to Empire Earth with Male and Female citizens. Just a thought for a little touch.

Generalissimo TCP | FREE SYRIA!
Xaph's Forumer of the Year '08, Best Thread and Most likely to be sigged, '08
"I think George W. Bush is closer to being the single greatest president in US history" - Merai
posted 01-06-04 04:13 PM EDT (US)     7 / 50  
i think that they should bring in Spain. You could upgrade from the Franks in the imperial age. Or they could bring in the Aztecs...
posted 01-06-04 04:28 PM EDT (US)     8 / 50  
Bring USA to the imperial age. (The Patriot with Mel Gibson rocks so much) And add more units.. Many great ideas have been posted.. And I hope SSSI makes a new x-pack. And make sure they have more commercials.. Many people that I've spoked to has never heard of Empires

A soldier will fight long and hard for some piece of coloured ribbon - Napolean Bonaparte
posted 01-06-04 04:46 PM EDT (US)     9 / 50  
I am looking forward very much to the earlier ages pack, but, I really do not want them to go beyond WW2. The digital and nano age in EE were terrible (and the space age made me cringe), and I like realistic, historical games, not futuristic star wars crap. What I hope SSSI will do (however unlikely it may be) is make the pre-medi ages pack, and then for the third pack, simply add more civs and units and featuresto the existing game. That would be awesome, and that's what I strongly reccomend they do. They might do something like that, though, since after WW2, what's there to add besides Modern age (assuming they don't go all futuristic and whatever), which means they'll only have to make 1 age, freeing their time up to work on other things (such as adding new civs and units to existing ages).

http://www.dojoclan.net
Well I was talking to Kman, and he was like "what do you do?" and I was like "Oh, I act, go to school, dance, sing, play soccer and stuff. What do you do?" and he was like "AntiAmi." so I figured hey, it's an occupation. - Ultima_Knight
posted 01-06-04 05:52 PM EDT (US)     10 / 50  
I want them to focus on more modern ages. There is currently no big-time historical-modern RTS out (besides C&C Generals, which is psuedo-modern/future).

However, SSSi should not go beyond the present time. In fact, I believe up to the end of the Cold War should be sufficient. Beyond that (possibly a little later), I don't think a "historical" game can be developed. It will be more fantasy than history.

Angel AzN | News Editor Lead EH, HeavenGames LLC
"Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!" -Admiral Farragut, Civil War Battle of Mobile Bay
HeavenGamesEmpires Heaven | 3DMark05 Score3DMark03 Score | WearYELLOW
posted 01-06-04 06:12 PM EDT (US)     11 / 50  
Um you know what they should add in the xpac?
A GOOD game.
posted 01-06-04 08:39 PM EDT (US)     12 / 50  
AnitAmi & Azn, I agree with you strongly that there should be no "Future Age" expansion packs for this game, as that would, as you've said, be entirely not in keeping with the level of historical accuracy that SSSi have obviously toiled to achieve. As much as there's been minor uproar about certain things concerning real life balance innacuracies, I happen to think that they've done a pretty damn good job to get this many civs already balanced (assuming post patch) with such diversity.

My only reluctance to see more ages is that the distinctions may become fairly insigificant, as with EE, but if the same amount of thought and effort goes into them as with the first 5, then....well....bring them on.

Cheers

posted 01-07-04 01:30 PM EDT (US)     13 / 50  
Whati like to see? I guess you all know that, units can walk ON the walls
posted 01-08-04 11:22 AM EDT (US)     14 / 50  
More people who like this game and other rts's tend to not like the future era of games. I strongly agree, I didn't like the future of EE and I'm sure I won't like it if they add it to Empires. I think only one more age is need (forwards), and that is the modern age.
For the previous ages, which i really hope they do; I don't know when I think it should start... perhaps it could start right at the beginning, like EE...

Come back strong like the powered-up pacman.
posted 01-08-04 11:50 AM EDT (US)     15 / 50  
Ya, I am not a fan of adding a bunch more ages. I think it would be nice to add more civs to choose from and maybe...maybe add 1 more age...........

BFME Name: Damarus
Proud Member of BMFE2 Clan: Assassyns of the Myst
www.guildwarsmystic.com/forums
Recruiting!
posted 01-08-04 12:55 PM EDT (US)     16 / 50  
I'd like to see maybe an earlier age (for greece & rome), but no other ages. I'd like to see more (unique, obviously) civs, a complete mid east building set (if not a civ itself), and more attention to the scn editor (scn editor only buildings, units, more conditions and effects, taking out the ancient and unused relics from ee, etc...)

Bah.
posted 01-08-04 08:52 PM EDT (US)     17 / 50  
I think it would be cool to see some units that punch/kick, besides using weapons and blood come out every punch
That would make more people play this game probably. Also for those who are scenario editors, at least one punching unit would be cool. Think about it, punching units, look at the action. I understand it is not so realistic, but when units get to a certain range to a unit, you should be able to punch, because in real life wars, when a person gets too close to an enemy they have the choice of hitting the enemy with their gun, punching, or shooting. The main reason, is for the scenario editors. If they could include at least one for the scenario editor, that'd be good.
Crazy idea, but hey, think about how cool it'd be.

Quote:

I'd like to see maybe an earlier age (for greece & rome), but no other ages.

I agree

"It is well that war is so terrible: else we should not grow to fond of it."

General Robert E. Lee
posted 01-09-04 12:58 PM EDT (US)     18 / 50  
I think action matches starting from Bronze Age cannot end in WW1 or empirial Age cause gold will finish in Middle Age lol
posted 01-14-04 09:33 PM EDT (US)     19 / 50  
"The Barbarians are Coming" monday January 19, 7:00ET on the History Channel. Looks like it will be pretty good with four parts into the forgotten history of the Vikings, Goths, Mongols and Huns.

Matthew 5:11
posted 01-14-04 09:48 PM EDT (US)     20 / 50  
Don't forget that as much as pre-nano sucked, it was by far one of the most popular game settings. I don't think they should go all the way back to the stone age, but I think adding the ancient ages would be great.

I also want to see Japan in both the medieval and WW ages, Spain in the medieval ages, and China in the WW ages. Having the US in Imperial age would be great but that's probably not feasible for gameplay.

posted 01-15-04 01:53 AM EDT (US)     21 / 50  
Yeah, adding China would be good in WW1 to WW2... and maybe some Middle-Eastern civs in Med to Imp...? After all, its Empires : Dawn of the modern world... not Empires : Dawn of the World Superpowers...

Also, i think that it should start at Bronze or Copper Age, not all the way from prehistory... (Cos i like farming )

[This message has been edited by Space_trader (edited 01-15-2004 @ 01:56 AM).]

posted 01-15-04 06:04 AM EDT (US)     22 / 50  
Well, I'll throw my personal wishes out here..

I'd like to see the modern age added, but no higher, as many have said. I rarely played higher than the modern era in EE as I too hated the future/sci-fi stuff.

I'd also like to see the anti air gun boats added back in. I rather liked those.

And of course, some cool new civs, like others have mentioned Spain and Japan would def be good ones to add.

I also liked the way EE handled the unit upgrades better. Having just one upgrade allowed per unit seems like a step backwards to me. But I doubt we'll see that included back into Empires.

Lol, I think I'm just looking to have EE2, which Empires technically isn't. EE just needed a graphic overhaul and some optimization to keep it current..

posted 01-15-04 07:59 AM EDT (US)     23 / 50  
maybe 1 more age connecting to ww1-2, less expesive teching options, and give germany access to rockets in ww1! i never get to use those sweet buzz bombs!
posted 01-19-04 02:12 PM EDT (US)     24 / 50  
It would be nice to have the crossover to 'modern' occur a little earlier: nations like Russia, Germany and the U.S. etc. appeared before wwi and it would make it more interesting. I also think Japan would be useful to have, in all eras. Then you could have samurais and that sort of stuff and also could do a decent wwii situation.

"The order of knight-errantry was instituted to defend maidens, to protect widows, and to rescue orphans and distressed persons"
-Don Quixote de La Mancha
posted 01-19-04 03:50 PM EDT (US)     25 / 50  
Actually, I really liked playing Digital-Nano in random map. I think there's room for a Digital Age in the Modern x-pack, they just need to take a more realistic approach to it...
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Empires Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » Suggestions for expansion pack?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empires Heaven | HeavenGames