You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Question re: Expansion Pack(s)
posted 03-09-04 01:03 PM EDT (US)   
Hey y'all,

I haven't posted in a long time, although I still play this game regularly. I love this game, but part of this game's appeal to me are the already-announced expansion packs (prequel and sequel).

My question is, has there been any more information about either (1) the release date(s) of these expansion packs, or (2) the units/civilizations to be used in them? I've checked the Empires website already, as well as other gaming websites, and no one seems to have any information on them. I have even hoped that during one of these interviews w/ various SSSI/Activision guys we would get more info, but nothing yet.

Anyways, if there has been any news on it recently, please point me to it. I'm eagerly awaiting it. Thanks.

Replies:
posted 03-09-04 01:15 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5  
Good Question.
posted 03-09-04 02:08 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5  
I, for one, haven't heard anything
c'mon sssi!

Bah.
posted 03-10-04 12:50 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5  
No responses yet? The lack of any information (or replies, for that matter) just adds to my biggest worry: that the expansions may not be released at all. Why? Perhaps Empires didn't sell as well as they had hoped, and the development money is being diverted towards other projects.

I certainly hope not, but considering that we haven't heard or seen a single thing about the expansions (other than the announcements about them awhile back) yet, it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Maybe I'm just a worry-wart. But it's exactly because I LOVE this game and think it's got unlimited potential to be (with both expansions) the biggest and most diverse RTS of all time. Here's hoping SSSI/Activision sticks to their original plan. In the meantime, I'll continue keeping my eye out.

posted 03-10-04 03:36 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5  
Believe me, they're working on it right now We've gone through this time and time again where we think they arn't going to do it, only to find out the only reason why they were so quiet is because they are working hard on it

I read somewhere in one of these forums that they've got some surprises up their sleeve.

~Lysimachus - Former HG Angel for Rise & Fall Heaven || Was RaFH Game Info Admin || Proud Member of HG since 1998

[This message has been edited by Lysimachus (edited 03-10-2004 @ 03:37 PM).]

posted 03-10-04 11:10 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5  

Quote:

Perhaps Empires didn't sell as well as they had hoped, and the development money is being diverted towards other projects.

Well you have to wonder about their strategy. Empires retails for $29.99 now. That is $20.00 less than what I paid for it. I'm not sure but I don't ever remember an Expansion pack and the original costing the same amount at the same time. Assuming that the expansion pack goes for $29.99. Hopefully they are working on it because I just have to play as Japan with Kamikazees

Empires Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » Question re: Expansion Pack(s)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empires Heaven | HeavenGames