Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Build "freeze"
posted 02-20-09 05:43 AM EDT (US)   
I got the gaem yesterday and I have been plying some random maps to get to know the countries. But when I tested Korean (in gunpowder age) about an hour in I suddenly couldn't build anything. The game just said "not enough resourses" but I had plenty. all the buttons was red...is this a known bug? I didn't see any power beeing used by the AI (who was british)...

anyone who knows anything?
Replies:
posted 02-20-09 10:30 AM EDT (US)     1 / 10  
That's wierd.
Never played too much with Korea miself though.

Never happened to me. Are you sure you had lots of every resource? Maybe the Koreans have a building limit.

Administrator of the Empire Creations design team.
Check out our website: www.freewebs.com/empirecreationsteam/
We're looking for fresh talent. If you can design, join us and prosper!
posted 02-20-09 11:05 AM EDT (US)     2 / 10  
no, there is no limit. or I cannot find it...I thought that myself first. It doesn't seem to be any british power eithter since it halts all constructions except walls (even though the wall-icon is red).

and yes I have resources, alot. I tried to save/load but its still there.

It hasn't happened with any other nation...yet. Seems like an odd bug...
posted 02-20-09 05:27 PM EDT (US)     3 / 10  
If I remember correctly, that was a bug that was shipped with the game. It was fixed in one of the patches. You'll need these patches if you want to play online or create scenarios anyways, so you should install them in sequential order and I believe that will fix the problem.

http://empires.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=2371
http://empires.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=2372
http://empires.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=2373

The links are in the order you'll want to install them in.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
posted 02-20-09 08:28 PM EDT (US)     4 / 10  
I don't have a patch but I still design scenarions and never had this bug. Can't use multplayer though.

posted 02-20-09 08:48 PM EDT (US)     5 / 10  
I remember this bug. Simply put, an error causes the resources drained for a particular research to be infinite, though it only checks to see if your current resources are up to the standard of the stated cost. I stumbled upon this once, researching something and seeing everything turn red, and then canceling it before it finished and everything was fine. I did this a few times before I accidentally forgot to cancel to last research, and was unable to build anything else. I exited the game, and went to economy, and it showed my total resources as sporadically jumping from the negative millions to normal and back.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
"I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
"OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
posted 02-21-09 08:22 AM EDT (US)     6 / 10  
I have noticed this bug when playing single-player maps, but it doesn't effect designing capabilities (to my knowledge) or multiplayer for me. Although it has no occurred since I downloaded the patch, I don't know if its actually fixed. Good lucky Propy!
posted 02-21-09 12:58 PM EDT (US)     7 / 10  
I don't have a patch but I still design scenarions and never had this bug.
Really? I wouldn't have thought you'd be able to design on an old patch. Guess I was wrong.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
posted 02-22-09 03:57 AM EDT (US)     8 / 10  
aha...so it's a known bug. Anyway, I have all three patches installed, did that right after I had installed the game...
so it seems that the patches didn't correct this bug, atleast not for the koreans...to bad.

Thanks for the replies! it's good to know that this isn't just my problem...
posted 02-22-09 11:05 AM EDT (US)     9 / 10  
Good luck solving it Propy.

I don't have any patches at all, GoSailing, I'm playing the retail version.

posted 02-25-09 00:53 AM EDT (US)     10 / 10  
Packet loss from oos files and other arrangments.
Empires Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » Build "freeze"
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empires Heaven | HeavenGames