Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Battle for Berlin
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 01-17-05 10:49 AM EDT (US)   
Berlin, April 30th, 1945.

A soviet soldier checks his watch, it's a little after six. He and the rest of his squad are enjoying themselves, but mainly just resting. The soldier get's up, tells his buddy's he'll be back soon, and heads off. While walking, thoughts of the battle that had just taken place that afternoon flood through his head. Meanwhile, a line of German PoW's is being taken through the city, on their trip they see it. The thing that was reported happening that crushed all hope that was left, was true. . .

The Battle for Berlin

In April, 1945, the Russians were closing in on Berlin. Hitler demanded a fight to the death and designated Berlin a "fortress" to be defended to the last. The city's commandant, Major General Hellmuth Reymann, calculated that it would take at least 200,000 experienced troops to defend the capital, however the only ones available to make up the Volkssturm (or home guard) were mostly old men, women, and children.

Berlin, through the efforts of the Volksstrum, was prepared for the Russian offensive. Barricades were constructed and trenches were dug to trap tanks, however Reymann saw the preparations as futile and said, "I only hope that some miracle happens to change our fortunes, or that the War ends before Berlin comes under siege. Otherwise, God help the Berliners!" Despite fortification efforts, the men and artillary needed to defend the capital never materialized. Meanwhile, 1.3 million soldiers of the Red Army stood poised to descend upon Berlin for what Marshal Georgy K. Zhukov called, their "final hour of vengenance." Every man, on orders from Moscow, had been required to swear an oath on the Soviet flag to fight with special zeal for the motherland, the Communist Party and final victory.

The Russian defeat of Berlin was inevitable for they outnumbered the Germans in men 5:1, guns 15:1, tanks 5:1 and planes 3:1. Yet the battle for Berlin was a unpredictable and bloody; fueled by mutal hate and marked by atrocities. Hitler by this time was talking about armies long since destroyed and had delusions that the British, Americans and Russians would turn against one another. Meanwhile, Stalin believed that whomever raised their flag over Berlin first would be the victor of the war. The Western Allies believed differently and as the Red Army fought for Berlin, they sought to conquer strategic industrial territories for the future division of Germany. The Red Army paid a high price for Stalin's misconception. The casuality rate for the Red Army during the battle for Berlin matched the war-long casuality rate of four Soviet soldiers to one German fatality.

The Soviet battle to capture Berlin finally came on 16 April and was fought building to building and street by street. By 25 April, Berlin had been encircled by the Russians. And on the 30th of April the Russian flag was raised, barely before the deadline decreed by Stalin.The city surrendered on 2 May.

Screenshots

Starting
First gun
Museum
To the Gate!
The Gate

Downloads

-=The Battle For Berlin |1.3|=-

.::|Empires|::.
.::| The Battle for Berlin|4.6|Trench Warfare|4.4|::.

"I fear we have awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve."-Admiral Yamamoto, Commander of the Japanese Fleet attacking Pearl Harbor.

[This message has been edited by Field Marshal BM (edited 08-12-2005 @ 04:40 PM).]

Replies:
posted 01-17-05 10:53 AM EDT (US)     1 / 43  
posted 01-17-05 10:56 AM EDT (US)     2 / 43  
It is done I just hafto take the time to submit it I've been feeling under the weather lately and hav'nt had time.

Btw, forgot to include in the description, it uses custom sounds basecly at every turn

"I fear we have awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve."-Admiral Yamamoto, Commander of the Japanese Fleet attacking Pearl Harbor.
posted 01-17-05 12:01 PM EDT (US)     3 / 43  
posted 01-17-05 04:48 PM EDT (US)     4 / 43  
Looks really good! Maybe a bit short though, is that the full scenario shown in the photos?

It'd be cool to see more of a Warhammer-style capture point system. Say 5 points within the city that must be captured before you enter Brandenburg Gate. Each point would have a different way of defeating it, for example. One is defended by MG42's, one by AT guns, one by Tanks, one by both Tanks and MG42's, etc. Just a little brainstorm from the seeing the pics.

posted 01-18-05 04:18 AM EDT (US)     5 / 43  
Where is the Reichstag,my friend?I think its a more important building than the Brandenburger Tor.
posted 01-18-05 08:38 AM EDT (US)     6 / 43  
posted 01-18-05 10:13 AM EDT (US)     7 / 43  
Exactly O know it was suppose to be the Reichstag but there's no way to make it, and they did raise a flag over the berlin gate too so..

Quote:

It'd be cool to see more of a Warhammer-style capture point system. Say 5 points within the city that must be captured before you enter Brandenburg Gate. Each point would have a different way of defeating it, for example. One is defended by MG42's, one by AT guns, one by Tanks, one by both Tanks and MG42's, etc. Just a little brainstorm from the seeing the pics.

That is not the whole scenario you see in the screenhots, I only took select few. There in reality is quite a few "bad guys" to kill and they are stationed at points that work the best. I feared if I put and more points to kill bad guys the scenario would get boring etc. The whole scenario took me about 25 minutes (to play). So it's not a quicky, it's got some meat to it And thank you all for your comments. I'll try and submit it today.

Field Marshal BM

posted 01-18-05 02:59 PM EDT (US)     8 / 43  
Well according to the site, It's been submitted. So we'll see

posted 01-18-05 03:50 PM EDT (US)     9 / 43  
I like the look of the damaged city of Berlin. I believe it is the Musuem screenshot. Is that a priest holding the flag in one screenshot??

GAMESPY ID: sUPa-cAt aka aRtiFicialIntel
Completed Works: The Greenhill Project SCN
Current Projects The Battle of Somme Part of a New WW1 Campaign
Testing Custom Scenarios: Sticky Originator

posted 01-18-05 05:00 PM EDT (US)     10 / 43  
Looks nice. I like how you made the flag bearer. I'll give it a look when I have the time.

Kor | The Age of Chivalry is upon us!
Wellent ich gugk, so hindert mich / köstlicher ziere sinder,
Der ich e pflag, da für ich sich / Neur kelber, gaiss, böck, rinder,
Und knospot leut, swarz, hässeleich, / Vast rüssig gen dem winder;
Die geben müt als sackwein vich. / Vor angst slach ich mein kinder
Offt hin hinder.
posted 01-18-05 05:49 PM EDT (US)     11 / 43  

Quote:

I like the look of the damaged city of Berlin. I believe it is the Musuem screenshot. Is that a priest holding the flag in one screenshot??

Thanks And yeah it is a priest, he's the only character in the game with a staff that the flag stays at the top hopefully it does'nt look to bad

posted 01-19-05 09:22 AM EDT (US)     12 / 43  
How can you make the vicar carry the flag?I tried it too but the flag was attracted to the man and half of it was visible?!?
posted 01-19-05 12:41 PM EDT (US)     13 / 43  
Go to "tag point" and select "weapon mouth" in the same effect.

posted 01-20-05 02:56 AM EDT (US)     14 / 43  
Dankeschön!Sehr gut...
posted 01-20-05 10:31 AM EDT (US)     15 / 43  
You're welcome

[This message has been edited by Field Marshal BM (edited 01-20-2005 @ 10:31 AM).]

posted 01-21-05 03:21 PM EDT (US)     16 / 43  
~To the mods

I submitted this campaign three days ago today, and I was'nt sure if it got submitted because of some problems I was having with the internet that day. So it would be much appreciated if you could let me know if the campaign "the battle for berlin" was submitted or if I hafto re-submit it.

Many thanks, Field Marshal BM

posted 01-21-05 03:31 PM EDT (US)     17 / 43  
Its not seen in the list,re-submit it.
posted 01-21-05 03:37 PM EDT (US)     18 / 43  
OMG.im making a World War 2 caimpaing right.Its going to have most of the major battles in including berlin.But i see yours yours is beutiful.If you can help me with mine id be happy man.I only need help with what would be simple triggers for you and super hard for me.As for the reshtag or what ever.i used the noter dame france wonder.

yo are you really located in anakara????? and are you really turkish because i was born in izmir and i too am turkish.

I AM THE X-FACTOR
CATCH ME IF YOU CAN
posted 01-21-05 05:48 PM EDT (US)     19 / 43  
Lol, I'm glad to see you like my work I'd be happy to help, But as a token of good will, could you change your signature? That's just nasty

P.s, I will resubmit it now, sorry for the inconvinence

[This message has been edited by Field Marshal BM (edited 01-21-2005 @ 05:49 PM).]

posted 01-21-05 06:02 PM EDT (US)     20 / 43  
Okay peoples, It says it was submitted succsesfully! yay! *applause*, Ahem, anyway. Hopfully the mods will get to it soon and you won't hafto wait three days to get it

posted 01-21-05 06:36 PM EDT (US)     21 / 43  
thx man.i also submitted mine.

I AM THE X-FACTOR
CATCH ME IF YOU CAN
posted 01-22-05 04:08 AM EDT (US)     22 / 43  
broozer türkçe konuşabiliyo msun?valla benim oyun orijinal olmadığı için gamespyda oynayamıyorum bi de türkiyede mi yaşıyon başka bi yerde mi?(arnhem köprüsüyle ilgili bi senaryom var süper oldu da campainginine koyarız istersen)
posted 01-22-05 02:19 PM EDT (US)     23 / 43  
Whats the importance of that museum?
posted 01-22-05 02:37 PM EDT (US)     24 / 43  
Nothing realy, It's just pretty

posted 01-22-05 06:23 PM EDT (US)     25 / 43  
yo von evet i can speak turkish but i can read and write it the best.i live in las vegas USA but i go back every summer.and yeah the games are hella cheap their man.YO i have question how you make all those buildings like destoryed and stuff.thx

I AM THE X-FACTOR
CATCH ME IF YOU CAN
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Empires Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design Discussions » The Battle for Berlin
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empires Heaven | HeavenGames