Please login or register

Scenario Design Discussions
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Graphic scale
posted 11-04-03 11:51 AM EDT (US)   
I tried creating a trigger to re-size units but it is not working (if <always true> then <reduce graphic scale on unit> ).

Do I have to attach the effect to a tag point? What about the "Index" text field...what does that do?

Any help is appreciated.

Replies:
posted 11-04-03 01:03 PM EDT (US)     1 / 10  
could you be more detailed on the trigger, the effect also please?

posted 11-04-03 01:07 PM EDT (US)     2 / 10  
You're using the wrong effect.

Go under Object-Effect, then Unit-Attribute, and use the drop-down list to find "graphic scale".

posted 11-05-03 05:15 AM EDT (US)     3 / 10  
They shouldve used AoM's K scaling way..that was the most amazing and easy scaling technique..ever.
posted 11-05-03 07:07 AM EDT (US)     4 / 10  
The Empires editor doesn't seem to be real time, like you can't see the results of stuff right on the editor like you can do in AoM, so that wouldn't really be possible I guess.

posted 11-05-03 10:43 AM EDT (US)     5 / 10  
[q]The Empires editor doesn't seem to be real time, like you can't see the results of stuff right on the editor like you can do in AoM, so that wouldn't really be possible I guess.[q]

Yeah, that was very irritating. If you try to put 2 armys facing each other they automattically attacked you.

posted 11-05-03 07:42 PM EDT (US)     6 / 10  
try giving it a 3 second delay. I had many trigger situations in EE that required a delay, so I do it as a rule now...

my[ -gaming art- -custom scenarios (with screenshots)- ] custom scenario groups: -scnpunk- -woad creations- ]
screen names contemplating: …………

[This message has been edited by wbiro (edited 11-05-2003 @ 07:44 PM).]

posted 11-05-03 08:30 PM EDT (US)     7 / 10  

Quote:

The Empires editor doesn't seem to be real time

A good thing too, I hate real time editors.

Adder |
"I would like to wonder if Adder always acts like a stuck up asshole?" - Coldviper
posted 11-06-03 08:05 AM EDT (US)     8 / 10  
same here, but there are some things you can preview in the empires editor, like animations

Bah.
posted 11-06-03 01:09 PM EDT (US)     9 / 10  
I love the camera-preview.

By the way, why doesn't rain work properly? I've set scale between 1-4 and it has only worked once with 4.

"Especially awe-inspiring is the fact that any single brain is made up of atoms that were forged in the hearts of countless stars billions of years ago... These atoms now form a conglomerate – your brain – that can not only ponder the very stars that gave it birth but can also think about its own ability to think and wonder about its own ability to wonder. With the arrival of humans…the universe has suddenly become conscious of itself. This, truly, is the greatest mystery of all." - Rama
posted 11-06-03 03:40 PM EDT (US)     10 / 10  
what graphics setting do you have?

Licensed Devil
I'm here to kill your self belief
-=[SCN Punk Network]=-
-=[WebMaster]=-
SCN Punk Empires Editor Guide (or here)
Empires Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design Discussions » Graphic scale
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empires Heaven | HeavenGames