You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design Discussions
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: What is the code for the changing number text.
posted 11-18-03 04:06 AM EDT (US)   
Ok, a while back, Hank said there was a feature that if a certain code of symbols entered in a text, it would display a changeble number.

Say if u had a disply message, and u had a variable that kept track of kills, u could, say, in chat message; Your Total Kills are *(code that displays variable x ammount)*.
And that message could tell u ur kills count.

What is it? Does anyone know?

Replies:
posted 11-18-03 09:33 AM EDT (US)     1 / 9  
you mean like in the korean scn 4 (demo scn)?

triggers>game>game-count (or something like that)

Bah.
posted 11-18-03 10:08 AM EDT (US)     2 / 9  
/#PA1234

where 1234 is the number of the player attribute
which you can find out by checking the black box

posted 11-18-03 10:11 AM EDT (US)     3 / 9  
In a chat message or dialog you can use the following "codes" to insert a number into the text:

All codes must be followed by 4 digits representing the ID of the object or condition to evaluate.
The ID can be revealed by toggling the ID check box to the right of the main Scenario Component Names Box. Always use 4 digits for the ID, pad it with zeros beforehand if needed.

Examples "/#OC0001" to report the unit count for object #1.

Object directives:

#OA /* object attribute */
#OC /* object unit count */
#OS /* object stance */

Condition directives:

#PA /* player attribute */

For example you could define an object as "all player1's houses". If this object was object #1, then you could have a chat message with the text

"You have /#OC0001 houses"

and if the player had 5 house he would see

"You have 5 houses"

posted 11-18-03 12:31 PM EDT (US)     4 / 9  
Thanks for the info Chad!
posted 11-18-03 03:48 PM EDT (US)     5 / 9  
It Works. However the /#OC for the object will only display what is "true" about the object dynamic number.

Example: /#OC number will only display the range of the dynamic number of the object. If dynamic number is unchecked the /#OC number will alway be 0. If dynamic is min 2 max 4 then it will be 0 for no houses, 0 for one house, 2 to 4 for 2 to 4 houses and 4 houses for every house over five.

Seriously Hank, I thought it was you that posted this info before. Or at least blue "Hank" did.

[This message has been edited by _o0XxX0o_ (edited 11-18-2003 @ 03:53 PM).]

posted 11-18-03 03:52 PM EDT (US)     6 / 9  
Contrary to popular belief I can't remember everything that goes into my rusted brain. I only remembered the /#PA code, I did not remember the other ones (Mainly because I never used them). Plus I was thanking him for posting it so everyone else will be able to take advantage of this.
posted 11-18-03 03:56 PM EDT (US)     7 / 9  
Lol. In that case, THANX CHAD!!!!!!!
posted 11-18-03 05:57 PM EDT (US)     8 / 9  
Bah NM

[This message has been edited by DeKont (edited 11-18-2003 @ 05:58 PM).]

posted 11-19-03 11:55 AM EDT (US)     9 / 9  
_o0XxX0o_ - You are right, it evalutes the object just like an object exists condition before reporting the number for the #O ones. It should also work with a "select on map" object as well.
Empires Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design Discussions » What is the code for the changing number text.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empires Heaven | HeavenGames