You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design Discussions
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Yes, there is a flying ship!
posted 12-01-03 04:22 AM EDT (US)   
Picture

incase u missed the other picture on this thread:

Picture

Not a deception, but really complicated to produce.

In short....

-lay a foundation for a building.
-as soon as a builder starts building, use effect replace, to repalce the building foundation with a boat.
-have triggers then give boat more hitpoints than maximum hitpoints.

By replacing a foundation with a regular unit, the unit takes on the properties of a building. If u can get a citizen to continue building on it(not ez but possible), the unit will "inflate" from right under the ground.

Why if u replace a new foundation with a plane, the building foudation, will just fly away. (Flying foundations are very funny looking).

[This message has been edited by _o0XxX0o_ (edited 12-02-2003 @ 03:51 AM).]

Replies:
posted 12-01-03 05:11 AM EDT (US)     1 / 28  
pointless, but cool!

General L. Goobs
Victim of narrow mindedness.
posted 12-01-03 10:18 AM EDT (US)     2 / 28  
Is it possible to start a game with a plane; save the map when the plane is in the air, edit the scn in the editor and set it to replace the plane with a ship. Does that work?

Kor | The Age of Chivalry is upon us!
Wellent ich gugk, so hindert mich / köstlicher ziere sinder,
Der ich e pflag, da für ich sich / Neur kelber, gaiss, böck, rinder,
Und knospot leut, swarz, hässeleich, / Vast rüssig gen dem winder;
Die geben müt als sackwein vich. / Vor angst slach ich mein kinder
Offt hin hinder.
posted 12-01-03 12:50 PM EDT (US)     3 / 28  
the boat would be on the ground/water

The point is that in empires, uncompleted buildings cannot be over built, meaning over "inflated". I have been able to make a floating building, but it stays floating for only 2 seconds.

If u kill a floating human land unit, and heal with battlefield surgery, then make it float, the unit will float sideways.

Picture

posted 12-01-03 12:57 PM EDT (US)     4 / 28  
Know one else is online but you so i'll ask you, even though it has nothing to do with flight, using triggers can you make a load of transports unload and the armies start to attack the base on that island at the point you want them to and then go onto destroying the base.
posted 12-01-03 01:50 PM EDT (US)     5 / 28  
depends if ur using a comp player or not. u can simulate a group unloading to make it easier. explain in more detail.
posted 12-01-03 02:32 PM EDT (US)     6 / 28  
How to you win the scenario when you have forfilled all the tasks? What trigger do you use?
posted 12-01-03 03:35 PM EDT (US)     7 / 28  
effects>player>victory player x
posted 12-01-03 05:20 PM EDT (US)     8 / 28  
Hehe, cool stuff.

Adder |
"I would like to wonder if Adder always acts like a stuck up asshole?" - Coldviper
posted 12-01-03 08:42 PM EDT (US)     9 / 28  
That's a very nice discovery there, Oxo.

Just a question: You were a bit unclear as to what made the boat fly over the ground. Am I right in assuming it's the adding of Hit Points past the maximum Hit Points?

By replacing a foundation with a regular unit, the unit takes on the properties of a building. If u can get a citizen to continue building on it(not ez but possible), the unit will "inflate" from right under the ground.

Quote:

Why if u replace a new foundation with a plane, the building foudation, will just fly away. (Flying foundations are very funny looking).

I'm sure this can be used somehow as well.

Quoted from General Goobs:

Pointless(...)

Wrong, my Aussie friend. I foresee a large number of possibilities here, and I can think of one.

One word: Airship.

Once again, excellent job oXo!

The eagle

Woad Creations veteran, WiC junkie
posted 12-01-03 11:22 PM EDT (US)     10 / 28  
Mighty nifty trick! It gets my vote for coolest trigger trick yet. (Guess we're gonna see a whole rash of Peter Pan campaigns now!!)

One question: Can you move it?

posted 12-02-03 02:07 AM EDT (US)     11 / 28  
Don't the germans already have air ships

General L. Goobs
posted 12-02-03 03:44 AM EDT (US)     12 / 28  
Midguard-

After a few more diddy tests, the foundation has to have a worker construct it at least to have 2 hitpoints, before being replaced. And the total hitpoints cannot equal the maximum hitpoints or it will be considered "constructed", and will be a movable unit. Foating units are not movable(excepted turned by face object trigger effect), and have no attack or civ abilities(ie. charge, run, or monsoon).

Gordon-

Moving can be done only by turning with face object effect, or "tasked off map and tasked in area x". Planes will move if replacing an unfinished foundation, but will have no attackin ability or circling ability(will just sit in midair). And if a totally unconstructed foundation is relaced by a plane, the foundation will fly away without being able to be completed, as well as if tasked to an airport will land at airport, then make it undectible and prevent any further planes to be built or land at that airport(u would have to kill it, because it would be a useless building).

Also if u replace a foundation with a zepplin, the foundation will enlarge, and hover in the air(not movable).

[This message has been edited by _o0XxX0o_ (edited 12-02-2003 @ 03:48 AM).]

posted 12-02-03 08:49 AM EDT (US)     13 / 28  
That last pic u posted is trippy

General L. Goobs
posted 12-02-03 06:14 PM EDT (US)     14 / 28  

Quote:

Don't the germans already have air ships?

You're talking about a zeppelin. We're talking about units that were not intended to be flying in the first place, like the Victory-class naval vessel.

Quote:

Floating units are not movable(excepted turned by face object trigger effect), and have no attack or civ abilities(ie. charge, run, or monsoon).

Have you tried to give them the ability after they were converted?

Can you place hovering units at roughly the same spot on the map? Is so, you can place a rug at an altitude of 50 meters and then place two bowmen up there with it, and voila: A flying carpet without the use of cliffs!

Or you could place an archer in mid-air and then place a building next to him, and then enlarge the building so that the archer will appear to stand on the roof! If you can place a foundation directly under a unit, you can even have archers stand on top of walls or castles (especially when they don't fall to 0 on the Z axis when they die). I'll go off and experiment...

If I gave rewards for the greatest discoveries, you would win without anyone else coming close.

Midgard Eagle

PS: It's 'Midgard', not 'Midguard'.

[This message has been edited by Midgard Eagle (edited 12-02-2003 @ 06:15 PM).]

posted 12-02-03 06:20 PM EDT (US)     15 / 28  

Quote:

PS: It's 'Midgard', not 'Midguard'

But how is it pronounced?

"America will never seek a permission slip to defend the security of our people." -President Bush, State of the Union Address
posted 12-02-03 06:54 PM EDT (US)     16 / 28  
Play Final Fantasy 7 and find out

http://www.dojoclan.net
Well I was talking to Kman, and he was like "what do you do?" and I was like "Oh, I act, go to school, dance, sing, play soccer and stuff. What do you do?" and he was like "AntiAmi." so I figured hey, it's an occupation. - Ultima_Knight
posted 12-02-03 06:56 PM EDT (US)     17 / 28  
No.

"America will never seek a permission slip to defend the security of our people." -President Bush, State of the Union Address
posted 12-02-03 07:21 PM EDT (US)     18 / 28  
unit properties stay the same even when converted. only uncompleted units will float.

I had the intent to type "Midgard", but mistyped it...I mistype all the time.

[This message has been edited by _o0XxX0o_ (edited 12-02-2003 @ 07:22 PM).]

posted 12-02-03 07:31 PM EDT (US)     19 / 28  

Quote:

Play Final Fantasy 7 and find out

Not so. They never pronounce Midgard in Final Fantasy VII.

Quote:

But how is it pronounced?

Midguard. It's 'Middle Earth' in Scandinavian Nordic.

But I'm getting off-topic...

posted 12-02-03 07:32 PM EDT (US)     20 / 28  
lmao, theres another way to make things float,i wont tell

Now known as Delfino_Messor i am no longer BlackEvil
Mêrlørd•Ðêšîgñ•§†ûdîø§ Scenario Designer
posted 12-02-03 09:32 PM EDT (US)     21 / 28  
Then don't post about it.

Adder |
"I would like to wonder if Adder always acts like a stuck up asshole?" - Coldviper
posted 12-02-03 10:32 PM EDT (US)     22 / 28  

Quote:

lmao, theres another way to make things float,i wont tell

Very constructive, Black Evil. Your excellent English skills help a lot too...

posted 12-02-03 10:41 PM EDT (US)     23 / 28  
Midgard Eagle equals another flamer

posted 12-02-03 10:57 PM EDT (US)     24 / 28  
You guys really know how to close threads.

<><><><>Knight of the Old Code<><><><>
Winner of:The Kindest Forumer At AoMH.Thanks Lost_1n_Space!
Also I have been bestowed with the honor of:
The Kindest Crusader Award
Thank you Lady Arcola!

Stronghold Knights
posted 12-03-03 01:03 AM EDT (US)     25 / 28  

Quote:

Midgard Eagle equals another flamer

Not really, but you haven't contributed much to the thread either.

posted 12-03-03 03:34 AM EDT (US)     26 / 28  
I watched a recorded game of a forum party. One with a player named "Airbourne_BlackEvil". I'm assuming it is BlackEvil here. U should watch it. 4v4 and the other team was cutting down BlackEvil, saying he was a noob...it was funny...after like 25 minutes into the game Black was boasting about his first farm...hahahaha!!! His econ sucked, but his allies won, beating Park and 3 others.

That is at least 10 posts made where BlackEvil claims to know how to do something but won't devuldge how....I see a sick glomming pattern here.

posted 12-03-03 02:48 PM EDT (US)     27 / 28  
lmao in that game i forgot to chose my civ but i forgot to so it was set on Random Civ so that screwed my strategy

posted 12-03-03 05:23 PM EDT (US)     28 / 28  
Of course.

Let's not ruin the thread?

Adder |
Empires Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design Discussions » Yes, there is a flying ship!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empires Heaven | HeavenGames