You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design Discussions
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Ah-Ma-Zing 2!! Absolute stealth units!!!!
posted 12-02-03 08:37 AM EDT (US)   
Get this!.....

If.....a brand new building foundation is replaced with a military unit, then given the unit attribute; construction complete 100%, then given the unit atribute hitpoints 100%...

It becomes a 100% stealth unit!!

What u see is a foundation, but..it has full attack and movement..and...it can't be seen by any other player!!!

It does NOT even show up on the enemy's mini-map..

and....

It can't be targeted by an enemy unit, unless it is attacking that particular unit...

but...it won't attack any enemy unit unless it is manually done(unless it is a bomber).

I will have a picture soon...of a bomber that cannot be seen by anyother player!!

Here it is. Picture
sorry it is a little distrorted due to resizing.

[This message has been edited by _o0XxX0o_ (edited 12-02-2003 @ 09:26 AM).]

Replies:
posted 12-02-03 03:29 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6  
Oh darn, I thought it was the actual unit that was stealth. I don't need flying foundations. Good try anyway, I'm sure if I make a scenario about flying stealth foundations, I'll look this post up.

Byz
Tsunami Studios
"People are born to succeed, not fail." - Henry David Thoreau

[This message has been edited by Byzantine_Warrior (edited 12-02-2003 @ 03:30 PM).]

posted 12-02-03 05:30 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6  
Heh, me too.

Adder |
"I would like to wonder if Adder always acts like a stuck up asshole?" - Coldviper
posted 12-02-03 05:45 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6  
But the point is that the enemy can't see the foundation...so if he had the computer do this to a human player, it would appear as if bombs were falling from nowhere.

Though, one question, how do you replace foundations?

Would it be the object with the attribute Construction Complete and an "X" in the box (to symbolize "not").

And then if that object exists, replace with...whatever?

"America will never seek a permission slip to defend the security of our people." -President Bush, State of the Union Address

[This message has been edited by qb_rms (edited 12-02-2003 @ 05:47 PM).]

posted 12-02-03 07:17 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6  
replace a unit with construction complete min 0 max 0

stealth units are not visible to all players except owner, even allies.

The foundations are only placeholders. U could use land units and move them to a location where they could be "unstealthed"...this is just an option that is now possible.

[This message has been edited by _o0XxX0o_ (edited 12-02-2003 @ 07:26 PM).]

posted 12-02-03 10:18 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6  
Okay, another question...if you replace it with a plane, does the plane stay invisible after it goes into an airport and comes out?

"America will never seek a permission slip to defend the security of our people." -President Bush, State of the Union Address
posted 12-03-03 04:34 AM EDT (US)     6 / 6  
Planes or any other units are only invisible to all other players...to the owner they appear as new foundations and it can be seen on the mini map(only by the owning player). Planes(that look like foundations) garrison in airports and takeoff to their rally point location, run out of flighttime and return...however, when the foundtion is turned into a plane it needs to be directed to the airport or it will circle continuously with no flighttime.
Empires Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design Discussions » Ah-Ma-Zing 2!! Absolute stealth units!!!!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empires Heaven | HeavenGames