You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design Discussions
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: It just keeps getting better, and better.
posted 12-04-03 04:36 PM EDT (US)   
Adding hipoints and construction complete, and replace effect, are just turning up some more really interesting effects....among them...

1.Invisible gates- gates that can't be seen by anybody; make an invisible gate belong to a comp player and have triggers switch around diplomacy so players can move into, or be blocked from areas when they have met an objective, or; have a safe area for certain players to retreat to and enemy can't follow.

2.All invisible buildings, that can have banners on them, but those banners can only be seen by the owning player; or banners that can only be seen by 1 player..put a banner on an unbuilt foundation and enlarge the foundation to size so large it can't be seen, then add the banner the bannner can only be see buy that player. Switch ownership of that foundation, and only the new owning player sees the banner.

3. 100% completed buildinds that appear as foundations that can train units and research techs, and garrison units. Add a banner to that saying what type of building it is, and the banner and the building are invisible to other players.

4. Using replace effect, buildings can be garrisoned in airports(I have even garrisoned an airport in an airport), land units can be garrisoned in airports. aircraft and boats can be garrisoned in fortresses(and can be unloaded, althought fortrees needs to be near water for boats to unload}...King tiger tanks can be garrisoned in a pillbox to give it some real firepower( although units that cannot normally be garrisoned in a pillbox will not ungarrison from a pill box, just dissapear when the pillbox is destroyed.

And some other things im looking into.

Here is a screenshot of a game im working on where all buildings are invisible(and fully functioning) and triggers put a banner of what type of building it is immediately when the building is built.
Picture

[This message has been edited by _o0XxX0o_ (edited 12-05-2003 @ 03:43 PM).]

Replies:
posted 12-04-03 04:58 PM EDT (US)     1 / 24  
I am most impressed with the King Tigers in pillboxes idea. Presumably, then, you could have Big Bertha artillery and suchlike in it too? Oh, the possibilities...
posted 12-04-03 04:59 PM EDT (US)     2 / 24  
That's some really really cool stuff
posted 12-04-03 04:59 PM EDT (US)     3 / 24  
Cool stuff, nice work.

Adder |
"I would like to wonder if Adder always acts like a stuck up asshole?" - Coldviper
posted 12-04-03 06:39 PM EDT (US)     4 / 24  
you can stop spaming up the boards with these findings which are basically the same

Now known as Delfino_Messor i am no longer BlackEvil
Mêrlørd•Ðêšîgñ•§†ûdîø§ Scenario Designer
posted 12-04-03 07:12 PM EDT (US)     5 / 24  
Why, now that's ironic.

Adder |
"I would like to wonder if Adder always acts like a stuck up asshole?" - Coldviper
posted 12-04-03 07:14 PM EDT (US)     6 / 24  
Looks like someone is a bit jealous.

http://www.dojoclan.net
Well I was talking to Kman, and he was like "what do you do?" and I was like "Oh, I act, go to school, dance, sing, play soccer and stuff. What do you do?" and he was like "AntiAmi." so I figured hey, it's an occupation. - Ultima_Knight
posted 12-04-03 07:35 PM EDT (US)     7 / 24  
nah i am not jealous, i was just stating something

Now known as Delfino_Messor i am no longer BlackEvil
Mêrlørd•Ðêšîgñ•§†ûdîø§ Scenario Designer
posted 12-04-03 07:58 PM EDT (US)     8 / 24  
Of course, but remember now, don't go around stating things that are wrong, okay?

Adder |
posted 12-04-03 08:39 PM EDT (US)     9 / 24  

Quote:

Why, now that's ironic.

Lol!

I think the gate find is great! I was always hoping that there'd be a player specific impassable tile, so I guess this will do for now. Does it work for walls as well?

Byz
Tsunami Studios
"People are born to succeed, not fail." - Henry David Thoreau
posted 12-04-03 10:28 PM EDT (US)     10 / 24  
Mr. Tinkerer does it again! Some interesting and cool stuff you are finding.
posted 12-04-03 11:07 PM EDT (US)     11 / 24  
I think the ability to place real firepower inside pillboxes is awesome. I'd also increase the graphic scale of the pillbox --- and in this way make real fortified artillery emplacements, bunkers, if you will.

ps - when's everyone going to learn to ignore Balck Evil's posts? (And other griefers as well.) Believe me, it's the best countermeasure.

posted 12-05-03 01:24 AM EDT (US)     12 / 24  
can you garrison a say.... battleship inside a pillbox? that would be interesting

Proud to be from the San Francisco Bay Area, CA. Damn right I'm Left-wing.
posted 12-05-03 01:30 AM EDT (US)     13 / 24  
Man Blackevil, this stuff is amazing what's your problem?

Jeez man, fantastic! Makes me want to fire up the editor again! Maybe I didn't blow my 50 bucks after all...

posted 12-05-03 02:36 AM EDT (US)     14 / 24  
tink tink tink, that's all I do! lol.

Garrison properties---

All units in an airport are actually "off map". Same for fortresses...

All units at a pillbox are actually in the signle tile area where the pillbox is, so...

-effect; replace object <units in area beneath the pillbox that are not the pillbox itself

airports can have units off map replace a (a plane obviosly)with a unit or a building.

fortressed units replaced with buildings have crashed my game on 2 occasions, so I think it can't be done.

pillboxes with units replaced by waterships fire back at enemy but do no damage, but leave explosions and craters next to the pillbox( unless maybe the unit is really near the pillbox...so if u made an "invisible" pillbox and put battleships in it, any enemy unit approaching it would hear ad see explosions that do no damage coming from "nowhere". Have not tried planes or artillery in pillboxes, but my guess is u would see firing but no damage to enemy units as well.

[This message has been edited by _o0XxX0o_ (edited 12-05-2003 @ 02:37 AM).]

posted 12-05-03 02:48 AM EDT (US)     15 / 24  
Damn that would be cool, the battleship thing,. Should be used in a d-day scn.

SSSI you should hire this guy, he can make your scns better.

(Espiacally the korean campaign, sorry I just didn't like the map design on it)

posted 12-05-03 09:35 AM EDT (US)     16 / 24  
Where the heck do you get that much time, Ox?

"Especially awe-inspiring is the fact that any single brain is made up of atoms that were forged in the hearts of countless stars billions of years ago... These atoms now form a conglomerate – your brain – that can not only ponder the very stars that gave it birth but can also think about its own ability to think and wonder about its own ability to wonder. With the arrival of humans…the universe has suddenly become conscious of itself. This, truly, is the greatest mystery of all." - Rama
posted 12-05-03 02:21 PM EDT (US)     17 / 24  
Man, if I had the time I would work on my sampler demo.

The one where u have objects labled, one for each sound, and clicking on them plays that particular sound.

-Also a set of labled objects to sample eviorments w/ 24 objects to crosscheck them with the day/night hour time of day.

-One for graphic effects, with an info one how each works.

-A calmaities section.

-A special section on how the object effect "replace" object can be used.

-And a good section would be on how each "object condition" works, both as a trigger condition or trigger effect.

posted 12-06-03 05:46 PM EDT (US)     18 / 24  
With your airplanes flying out of a mountain in EE _o0XxX0o_ and your new finds, gave me an idea of "Midway" or something in the Pacific with the Japanese in like caves(pillboxes). It's sucks i can't use some Effects in Scenario Editor, but hey maybe someone can do something like that until I can figure out this problem with Effects Editor.

Matthew 5:11
posted 12-08-03 06:44 PM EDT (US)     19 / 24  
I can't do it.

The Unfinished House Foundation (with 1 HP) changes into a Pillbox foundation with 1 HP belonging to Player 2, but I can't build anything on top of it.

If I place only the foundation without having a worker give it 1 HP, it just disappears.

Can you be a bit more clear on how to do it?

Woad Creations veteran, WiC junkie
posted 12-09-03 02:55 AM EDT (US)     20 / 24  
Here's the deal, Migard...

The house foundation ontop of the piillbox will dissapear and won't form, if....

1. The pillbox has any completion whatsoever.
2. The pillbox belongs to the player 1

steps....

1. As soon as the first house foundation is laid, change the house foundation to a pillbox, the with a .05 second delay, change ownership to another comp player.

2. Build a second house foundation on same exact spot, as soon as the worker starts building and the house foundation has at least 2 hitpoints, give the house 100% hiponts. And then...switch the piillbox back to player 1, then with a small delay(about 0.05 seconds) give the pillbox; unit attribute construction complete 100%.

*DO NOT give the pillbox constrution complete, until it is changed back to player 1.

*Effects; repalce and change ownership have to have effects following it, a very small delay. example... if u change an object or replace it and the next effect is to give it hitpoints(and has no delay), the effect to give hitpoints WILL NOT happen becase of those effect execution times.(same as Empire Earth).

Here is a screenshot of a house ontop of a pillbox, and the pillbox and house are both occupying the same space at the same time!!

ARMOURED HOUSE

House appears actual size. No Graphic scaling was used!
*Perfect house to have if getting frequent visits from the ATF!

Also I would like to mention that a lot of small hard to explain variables exist depending on which civ u r using.

It would be easier to put a tower ontop of a pillbox(gives the effect of garrisoning towers).

When I used england civ, the pillbox was not always able to garrison in the pillbox until the house was destroyed.

Having units garrison and fire from a fountain, a statue, or a car(frozen to be made staionary) would be a lot more fun.

[This message has been edited by _o0XxX0o_ (edited 12-09-2003 @ 03:26 AM).]

posted 12-09-03 02:04 PM EDT (US)     21 / 24  
Thanks. Guess what I did wrong was to not include a .05 time limit for the change of player for the Pillbox Foundation.

I'll try it again.

Woad Creations veteran, WiC junkie
posted 12-10-03 07:48 AM EDT (US)     22 / 24  
Can I do this?

A pillbox, you garrison some Neuer Soldats in it. Then replace Pillbox with a house, and the Neuer Soldats (in that replaced pill) will be in the house and able to fire.

First, I am a mortal Gamer4life. Kill me and I will become the feared Medusa. Chop off my head and I will return as the feared
--ANGELLofDARKNESS--
posted 12-10-03 08:50 AM EDT (US)     23 / 24  
No, U have to create the illusion of firing from a house. In this case building a house ontop of(overlapping buildings) a pillbox and having triggers load the military units into the pillbox when the units are near it(task units near pillbox "exists", to pillbox, action; load).
posted 12-10-03 09:54 AM EDT (US)     24 / 24  
Ok. This will help me alot with my Band of Brothers campaign!

First, I am a mortal Gamer4life. Kill me and I will become the feared Medusa. Chop off my head and I will return as the feared
--ANGELLofDARKNESS--
Empires Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design Discussions » It just keeps getting better, and better.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empires Heaven | HeavenGames