Scenario Design Discussions
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Scenario Design Resource Library
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 12-04-03 09:58 PM EDT (US)   
News: Please submit links you want added to the collection, I will go through the forum and add links that I think are helpful, but your help is appreciated!

Article Sites for Empires:
These sites have a collection of articles, I advise looking through them as most are very helpful
[Organized alphabetically by name]

DGDN Articles - Articles hosted by Dragon Gaming Design Network
ELD Articles
- Articles hosted by the Latin Design Team
Empires Heaven Scenario Design Library - Articles hosted by Empires Heaven
Tsuniversity - Articles hosted by the Tsuniversity
Woad Creations Articles - Articles hosted by Woad Creations

Useful posts in this forum:
This is a collection of useful posts found throughout the forum.
[Organized alphabetically by name of author, or author of the helpful post (Not necessarily the topic), various will be found at the end]

It just keeps getting better, and better. - Four interesting tricks. By _o0XxX0o_
Sideways Buildings - Shows how to create buildings on their sides. By _o0XxX0o_
Er..Um..Duh..Where did these beta towers come from? - Units from Empire Earth in Empires. By _o0XxX0o_
A trick to make units and buildings undeletable. - Shows how to make buildings and some units undeletable. By _o0XxX0o_
Yes, there is a flying ship! - Shows how to create "Flying Ships". By _o0XxX0o_\
Flying Cow of Death: A new invincible threat - Shows how to create "A flying cow of death". By _o0XxX0o_
Ah-Ma-Zing 2!! Absolute stealth units!!!! - Shows how to create what looks like a flying foundation. By _o0XxX0o_
Ah-Ma-Zing!! - An immobile unit effect that makes military units not attack unless attacked. By _o0XxX0o_
Tiny Gates - Shows how to make one tile gates. By _o0XxX0o_
A Proud Banner Indeed. - Banner that shows a variable. By _o0XxX0o_
Some interesting size facts I discovered while internetless - Contains some facts on scenario size components. By Adder
Editing confirmation sounds - Tenth post, tells how to change confirmation sounds for units. By Azn
Auto Battle Generator - Tells about how to use the Auto Battle Generator to simulate battles. By Azn
Formatting text in editor - Second post, how to format text. By citixen
How to insert numbers into text - Third post, how to insert numbers. By citixen
Getting the right civilian units - Tells how to get the correct unit from a captured building. By Gordon Farrell
Copy and Paste Units/Buildings - How to copy and paste units and buildings. By Hank
Some Design Tricks - Editor tricks found through out the thread. By Phantom Designer
Cinematics - How to make cinematics, the fourth post in the thread. By sssi juan carlos
Objective Changing - Changing Objective Bug. By sssi juan carlos
A substitute for map copy - Shows how to create overlapping buildings. By Talon Karrde
More fun with the replacing effect - Some more intresting effects of the replace effect. By Talon Karrde
Branching Dialogues -Tells how you can create in depth branching dialouges. By Talon Karrde
neat little trick with resizing - Intresting resizing idea. By Talon Karrde
Unit Rotting - Making units rot slower. By Various
Self Healing Units - How to create self healing units. By Various

Helpful Downloads
Helpful downloads found throughout the design community and elsewhere
[Organized alphabetically by name]

Elevation Map Downloads - Here you can download elevation maps to use in your scenarios.
Official Scenario Editor Manual - A must read for all designers. By Stainless Steel Studios
Elevation Maps - A collection of basic elevation maps. By Woad Creations
How to make a labyrinth or dungeon - Shows how to make a labyrinth in the editor. By Midgard Eagle
Movie Magic Screenwriter - An, apparently awesome script writing program. By Write Brothers, Inc.

Last updated 07-27-04

Adder |
"I would like to wonder if Adder always acts like a stuck up asshole?" - Coldviper

[This message has been edited by Intrepid (edited 01-14-2006 @ 01:02 PM).]

Replies:
posted 12-05-03 02:30 AM EDT (US)     1 / 41  
Mods, can you sticky this and my topic? It would help us to update and would help people find them.
posted 12-05-03 08:02 AM EDT (US)     2 / 41  
Great job adder!

posted 12-05-03 02:26 PM EDT (US)     3 / 41  
Thanks lp, I'll be updating more stuff as I look through past posts.

Adder |
"I would like to wonder if Adder always acts like a stuck up asshole?" - Coldviper
posted 12-06-03 00:11 AM EDT (US)     4 / 41  
Actually I've been meaning to make something like for a while

Here's the ones I wrote down:

sssi juan carlos
http://empires.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=7,786,0,50
Talks about creating movies and such with triggers

Various authors
http://empires.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=7,757,30,50
Creating rotting units that last longer on battlefield

http://empires.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=7,794,0,10
Objective changing

http://empires.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=7,752,60,50
Derfel Cadarn's Elevation Maps

http://empires.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=7,755,30,50
Unit Size Changing

Some are pretty basic, but for the daunted new designers, it saves tons of time.

Grex, Imhotep, Jaded Knights, Punks, University, Glows, Facility, Trade Center, Stainless Steel Studios.

Former Seraph & Angel
My Twitter, i.e. don't bother
Learning Korean Language
Free Rice
posted 12-06-03 00:19 AM EDT (US)     5 / 41  
Thanks Park. Lemme update....

Oh and by the way, here's a bag of cookies.

Adder |

[This message has been edited by The Adder (edited 12-06-2003 @ 00:20 AM).]

posted 12-06-03 06:11 AM EDT (US)     6 / 41  
These two might also be useful:

Formatting text in editor

Code for inserting numbers into text

If you need the URLs they are:

Formatting text in editor:
http://empires.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=7,622,60,30

Code for inserting numbers into text:
http://empires.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=7,892,60,30

Myth Maker
To err is human; to make a total cock-up requires a computer

[This message has been edited by Myth Maker (edited 12-06-2003 @ 06:14 AM).]

posted 12-06-03 09:21 AM EDT (US)     7 / 41  
Thanks. They'll be helpful, I could have left clicked-properties clicked but it's easier to just copy.

Adder |
posted 12-10-03 12:04 PM EDT (US)     8 / 41  
Updated.

Adder |
posted 12-12-03 10:52 AM EDT (US)     9 / 41  
Updated/Topped.

Adder |
posted 12-12-03 03:06 PM EDT (US)     10 / 41  
This really should be stickied.
posted 12-12-03 04:18 PM EDT (US)     11 / 41  
Yea this is a really good thread. Very helpful.

<><><><>Knight of the Old Code<><><><>
Winner of:The Kindest Forumer At AoMH.Thanks Lost_1n_Space!
Also I have been bestowed with the honor of:
The Kindest Crusader Award
Thank you Lady Arcola!

Stronghold Knights
posted 12-12-03 04:43 PM EDT (US)     12 / 41  
*cough*AoKH*cough*

Anyway, nice post. Every heaven needs a compilation like this.

posted 12-13-03 04:21 AM EDT (US)     13 / 41  
Elevation with triggers...

Quoted from _o0XxX0o_ in Empire Earth:

Create and airport on map with a trigger..the terrain where the hanger creates has to be level, the area on the map where the runway creates can be at a different elevation; the elevation(of the runway) will raise or lower to the same elevation level as the hanger..create and remove airport in same trigger with no delay, and it happens "magically".

Matthew 5:11
posted 12-13-03 04:33 AM EDT (US)     14 / 41  
Elevation with airports are different in Empires. All terrain elevation lowers, but doesn't raise. Even with that the elevation lowers on gradual grate not sharp, flat and like EE.

In fact, if u have a movable ground unit, in Empires, and set that unit to be repalced by and airport, and then with a very short delay, be replaced by the unit it was before it was an airport, everytime it stops after moving..then it could concievably level every hill and mountain on the map, during the game, simply by moving around on the map and stopping.

posted 12-13-03 09:04 PM EDT (US)     15 / 41  
Thanks for the Comments guys.

And YaRiTe this is for Empires.

Adder |
posted 12-14-03 00:11 AM EDT (US)     16 / 41  
*Stickies.* Great post Adder. Be sure to keep this updated.

» Your attractive master.
» "Because I before E is a LIE!!!"
posted 12-14-03 10:02 AM EDT (US)     17 / 41  
Thanks Aro, I will.

Adder |
posted 12-17-03 11:53 PM EDT (US)     18 / 41  
Scenario Design Library > Elevation Files...Both links are to the same place. The other link#2 that went to another site in Empire Earth and all that information that went with the second link no longer applies to that link thats available now, which was, but is no longer there. So now that it's known that we have the same two links, could someone please tell me how to use either one of those same links or give me the link to the real site Elevation Files explains??

Quoted from The Adder:

And YaRiTe this is for Empires.

Yeah I know(no ifs, and or buts), but I have this problem in Scenario Editor Effects that doesn't able me to test these things. And being something for elevation and was pretty cool for an area of a map during a Scenario would be nice to know, I apologize for Sceario Editor not being 100%, I'm still looking to resolve this technical difficulty I'm having with Effects bleeding through on some other Effect. Thanks _oOXxXOo_ for covering it.

Matthew 5:11
posted 12-18-03 00:02 AM EDT (US)     19 / 41  

Quote:

So now that it's known that we have the same two links, could someone please tell me how to use either one of those same links or give me the link to the real site Elevation Files explains??

Here is a tutorial on how they are used...same as in EE.

And here is the site to get elevation files. Though it seems that they have changed it around a bit and thus, have made it more difficult to obtain the file.

"America will never seek a permission slip to defend the security of our people." -President Bush, State of the Union Address
posted 12-18-03 00:13 AM EDT (US)     20 / 41  
When I updated the article for Empires, there were still two separate choices. I cannot seem to get the java world map to appear on my browser for the current one, but the entire process is exactly the same once you have the file and the specifications for the file are exactly the same.
posted 12-18-03 11:26 AM EDT (US)     21 / 41  
Updating along with the confirmation sounds...

qb_rms, I already have Woad Empires Articles Linked so I won't add that, the elevation file download place I will add though.

Note: Sadly I will be gone for two weeks starting tommorow (20th). I will update when I return, oh and it's fine for a mod to update if they so desire.

Adder |

[This message has been edited by The Adder (edited 12-19-2003 @ 04:54 PM).]

posted 12-24-03 01:38 PM EDT (US)     22 / 41  
I'll update with the following links when I return:
http://empires.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=7,1009,,10
http://empires.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=7,1010,,10

I'll update this post with links I find, no time to put them in correct format though.

Adder |
posted 12-24-03 02:56 PM EDT (US)     23 / 41  

Quote:

qb_rms, I already have Woad Empires Articles Linked so I won't add that, the elevation file download place I will add though.

I didn't expect you to, I was just answering that guy's question.

"America will never seek a permission slip to defend the security of our people." -President Bush, State of the Union Address

[This message has been edited by qb_rms (edited 12-24-2003 @ 02:56 PM).]

posted 01-02-04 03:04 PM EDT (US)     24 / 41  
Other than the two links I have in my above post, is there anything else I should add that I may have missed during my absence?

Adder |
posted 01-05-04 09:57 PM EDT (US)     25 / 41  
Updated.

Adder |
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Empires Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design Discussions » The Scenario Design Resource Library
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empires Heaven | HeavenGames