Please login or register

Scenario Design Discussions
Moderated by GoSailing

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: A substitute for map copy
posted 12-10-03 12:27 PM EDT (US)   
I know some of you (*glares at _o0XxX0o_* ) have probably already thought of this, but here is a very simple substitution for map copy.

you use impassable tiles! (*some forummers nod wisely, many more stare blankly*

you place the building you want (say, a mosque), then you put impassable tiles where you want the other building to be on the mosque (say its 2 minarets flanking the entrance)
then you make the impassable tiles an object group and replace them with minarets!

you put that effect into whatever trigger you want and, presto! a mosque with minarets flanking the entrance!

what do you think?

Bah.
Replies:
posted 12-10-03 01:09 PM EDT (US)     1 / 13  
Huh...sounds fascinating... but,er, what does it have to do with map copying...?
posted 12-10-03 01:27 PM EDT (US)     2 / 13  
Map copying in aok/aom allowed you to place buildings on top of each other.

Licensed Devil
I'm here to kill your self belief
-=[SCN Punk Network]=-
-=[WebMaster]=-
SCN Punk Empires Editor Guide (or here)
posted 12-11-03 07:07 PM EDT (US)     3 / 13  
Ahhh... thus, in EDMW, we can get the much-desired combined-building effect. Hey, this is aaaawwwesome! Why aren't more people logging on, posting the appropriate praise and excitement? Nice discovery, TK!
posted 12-11-03 07:13 PM EDT (US)     4 / 13  
posted 12-11-03 07:54 PM EDT (US)     5 / 13  
Praise Allah!

http://www.dojoclan.net
Well I was talking to Kman, and he was like "what do you do?" and I was like "Oh, I act, go to school, dance, sing, play soccer and stuff. What do you do?" and he was like "AntiAmi." so I figured hey, it's an occupation. - Ultima_Knight
posted 12-11-03 10:39 PM EDT (US)     6 / 13  
When I first read that, I wondered why you should have to go trough all that when you can just press ALT+SHIFT (or whatever it was).

Nice job, Talon Karrde!

Woad Creations veteran, WiC junkie
posted 12-12-03 02:19 AM EDT (US)     7 / 13  
From Talon's Description, I don't fully understand what he is saying. Flanking what? How is a Mosque enterable?

However, looking at this post it has occured to me that flares are the perfect object to replace with buildings, because they are practically the only object in the editor that can be placed one right on top of the other. Effectively allowing buildings to overlap 100%. That has amazing possibilities!

Thanx for the idea, Talon. Great job!!!!

posted 12-12-03 05:30 AM EDT (US)     8 / 13  
I'm just surprised none of you have crashed the editor yet doing this crazy stuff.
posted 12-12-03 06:50 AM EDT (US)     9 / 13  
My editor has been crashed so many times, I think it should sue my auto insurance agent! I probably know more about what crashes the editor than just about anybody

Besides I find more useful tricks each day.

posted 12-12-03 07:35 AM EDT (US)     10 / 13  
my editor has only crashed because of the not-fully-tested graphics card my laptop has, for no other reason

and, no oxo, you can't enter mosques, but it looks damn cool
by entrance I mean the door of the mosque

Bah.

[This message has been edited by Talon Karrde (edited 12-12-2003 @ 07:36 AM).]

posted 12-12-03 09:44 PM EDT (US)     11 / 13  
This is suuuuch a cool idea. I'm working on a scenario right now where I can get some *nice* use out of it...

*feels excitement boiling in his blood*

*thinks about staying home tonight to work on scenario*

*decides to go out drinking and dancing anyway...*

posted 12-12-03 11:07 PM EDT (US)     12 / 13  

Quote:

*decides to go out drinking and dancing anyway...*

Good choice.

posted 12-13-03 01:39 AM EDT (US)     13 / 13  

Quote:

Praise Allah!

lmao!

Finally a good thing for overlapping buildings. I'm working on some scenario's now, one in the Middle Ages, and now i can create a HUGE castle!

First, I am a mortal Gamer4life. Kill me and I will become the feared Medusa. Chop off my head and I will return as the feared
--ANGELLofDARKNESS--

[This message has been edited by ANGELLofDARKNESS (edited 12-13-2003 @ 01:43 AM).]

Empires Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design Discussions » A substitute for map copy
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Empires Heaven | HeavenGames